It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
rofl i didn't know whales could spontaneously combust, as it were.

I remember seeing this video about this town in oregon that had a beached whale that was dead. It was too big or too far decompossed to move or something, and so the town decided they would blow it up with explosives, and let the birds finish the job.

So, they packed it with explosives, trying to angle most of it to spray out into the sea. Bomb goes off. BOOOOOM. They had about 10x the amount of explosives they needed, ended up getting anything within about 200 yards covered in whale blood/organs/entrails, and were finding piece of whale as far as a half-mile away. rofl.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Whats new? cows do it all the time, well maybe not all of the time, but gas build-up isn't that unusual, deep water fish often explode on reaching the surface, since the sudden lack of external presure means they cant adapt, I read somewhere that a blowfish at it's biggest size would be it's normal size around 500 metres deeper underwater.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Cool Pic

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
that was soooo gross!!!!

i would have been freakin out if my car got covered with rotten whale guts!!! yuck!!!!

top topics

join