It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Has anyone read this book? Its written by Thomas W Chittum. Its a great read and highly informational but somewhat dated (written in 1997 with a revised edition in 2006).

It does go a bit into survival and ways to deal with a large scale armed conflict on American soil.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i have this in PDF format
a pretty good read
some of this is already showing up in current news

all i can say is
i'm glad i'm in Canada

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CANADIAN-guerilla

Hmmm, if the US desintegrates how safe will you be in Canada? It stands to reason that people will head North and the border is really pourus. Not to mention a few organized nuts can wreak havoc with whatever military equipment is lying around

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Wolverines!" Patrick Swayze is so cute!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
A second civil war would be a sight to see.

i had actually had this idea flowing in my head for a while, i never knew that a book was written, i should look into it.

it makes me wonder what would happen if the most militarily powerful nation went to war with its self.

what would the catalyst be? would there be segregation with in the government/military?

the idea i had was that such an event would happen, brought on by the aid of government members, in every level, as well as that of the military. There would be a downfall of both systems as the sides developed, one being the original opposers and one being what used to be the old USA. Unlike the 1860's civil war, this one would not be confined to hemispheres of the county, but a part of the population taken from every region, essentially every city would initially have some kind of war happening, however when power shifts in these mini wars, territories would be established and i suppose a front war would ensue.

how Canada would be involved i am not sure, but i think it may be involved in the taking in of refugees, which i think, unlike the previous war, would be large in number due to the initial chaos of the conflict.
the fact that the USA is so advanced in its arms development it a key factor i think, a mob getting their hands on some modern firearms is a lethal took in anyones hands, and if anarchy is rampant, then, well, god help everyone.

as i said before, i think that the military, unless they do crush all opposition initially, will be vanquished along with the government quite soon. that or they will separate over to the two major sides.

the outcome is beyond me, but personally i think it will be a stalemate, if both sides are fighting for the same thing, pretty much, then the fighting will be hard, long and uneventful

of cause thats just my theory, i know nothing about politics, or military strategy so i can only offer a layman's opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yeah, as Canadian Guerrilla said its only available in a PDF document for free unless you can find it at your local library or are willing to pay $50+ for a used copy on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.com

In the book Chittum has this whole big checklist of things to look for that will occur before Civil War II and of the 22 or so events we have already had about 15 of them occur. Its shocking how all this is going down and like Chittum says most Americans wont even notice until it is too late.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I actually hope there will be a civil war, but then for the population to unite against the corrupt government, not fight eachother.

I think thats what is needed. The signs of tyranny is everywhere in America. I mean, even writing that, I know that the US government can see me as a "terrorist" for saying so.

Its getting beyond ridiculous!

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
in every civil war there are 2 sides, there will be those fighting for the government, in which case it will eventually be a war between each other.

it does seem quite bad that alot of those requirements have already been met.
though i do want to see a civil war, it would be just for the irony of the worlds largest super power to collapse on its self, however then the fact that it is a war will occur and thats when the refugee camps spring up allover the evening news.
kinda seems familiar.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think people on the average are too complacent to even begin to think about a contingency plan in event of such an war. We have become too comfortable in our lives of material pursuits and would feel that such a war is uncivilized and that it will go away if we mind our own business. By that time, it will be too late as mentioned in a prior post.

I just had a dream last week where the bottom dropped out of the economy and there was total chaos. People, those who were left and not picked up by patrols, moved around at night like cockroaches. They squatted in what was left of the looted houses; used flashlights because there was no electrical power; did whatever they could to survive. Some of my dreams have come true, and some, the very apocalyptic ones have not yet happened and for that I am thankful.

My bets on a second Civil War: I think some are ready, or think they are ready if that's possible. Most have no idea and it's not even a concept in their minds. Do I think it will happen? I don't know, but I do feel like we are being herded by the gov't/secret society sheepdog to the point of critical mass.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just finished reading the book. In my opinion, Mr. Chittim is a military and political genius. There are only 2 things that I disagree with him on. I think he was over optimistic concerning the length of time before things happened en masse, but he wasn't able to factor in the results of 9-11-2001 at the time of writing.

He also took an odd stance concerning firearms. On the one hand, he recognized the necessity of owning and even using them but his ideas about handling them seemed to mirror gun control advocates.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by SemperParatus]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatus

I like the review you give, Semper. Now where can I download this book, or even read it online?

It sounds interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
All I can say here and stay within T&C is that I put the entire title of this thread in quotation marks and Googled it. A pdf download was on first page. If that doesn't work for you pm me and I'll give you a couple of links.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatus

Thanks. I got it now. Will go back and read when time allows.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is a complex issue - and who would be on the government side and who would be on the side wanting change? Unlike the first civil war where it was mostly (but not all) divided north and south, this civil war would literally be neighbor against neighbor. Very bad indeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I honestly thought George Bush getting re-elected was going to do it. Somehow there was no assassination attempt, no people calling for justice, not even a minor uproar. I think that's the last time you'll see the US split essentially 50/50 for quite a while.

In my opinion it would take one heck of a resistance to make any kind of a dent. These days most rebel groups could be taken out by a SWAT team before the military even had to get involved. If they do manage to grow and get some form of "Project Mayhem" underway, the media would do a good enough job labelling them as "domestic terrorists" and as the enemy to make most people opposed to the idea.

I think we're going to see foreign enemy ships landing on American beaches long before another civil war. That being said, I haven't read the book yet... maybe my opinion will change.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If there is a civil war, it will be the haves versus the have-nots.

Boy are the haves gonna get creamed (if it comes to that).

Just judging by the wide spectrum of people I have encountered in my life, there are bound to be enough gun-toting revolutionary types out there to give anything the government tries to do to them a run for their money.

The problem will be the revolt and refusal to obey orders when our military brothers and sisters are told to point the guns at people in their own country.

Some may try to scare you into believing that our own military will turn against us, but I think it will be a cold day in hell before that will happen.
Who will GI Joe shoot at when his family and friends are on the anti-government side?

If it comes to some kind of civil war, whatever riot police or military forces they could coerce into fighting the people will be outgunned and outmanned 10,000 to 1.

Also, this is all speculation. I believe positive changes are on the horizon, and they will happen with practically no violence.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I actually hope there will be a civil war, but then for the population to unite against the corrupt government, not fight eachother.

I think thats what is needed. The signs of tyranny is everywhere in America. I mean, even writing that, I know that the US government can see me as a "terrorist" for saying so.

Its getting beyond ridiculous!

you might want to look into the definition of a civil war, and a revolution

deny ignorance indeed

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I actually have a whole thread that may/may not interest you on this topic. Here is a link to it. Declining Middle Class and the coming civil war
There is some pretty interesting conversation on this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
People talk about a possible civil war here, but the actual fighting of such a conflict will occur between and in our homes. Brother against brother, father against son. We are the most violent society on Earth and if we turned that openly against our neighbors, it will get really ugly really fast.

The freedoms once shared by all Americans are being either eliminated or are being greatly curtailed all in the name of security. Has the government gone too far, yes it seems they are, not only that they continue on this path.

Always remember the revolution's cause was over taxation without representation. All that was needed was a spark to light the fires, and it occurred when English authorities responded heavy handed towards the colonists. The next terrorists were most likely gonna hear about are going to be homegrown, and with the declining economy, housing bubble bursting and other factors, I feel several government over reactions or under reactions like Katrina would provide the spark.

The first civil war was over state rights, I feel the next civil war will be the states taking these rights back.

Our government has stopped listening to the people, and only serves the corporations.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The freedoms once shared by all Americans are being either eliminated or are being greatly curtailed all in the name of security. Has the government gone too far, yes it seems they are, not only that they continue on this path.

Let me ask you an honest question. What is it that you were able to do fifteen years ago that you can't now? You claim our freedoms have been eliminated. Where? Which ones? Really, while I am very skeptical of our government, I think politicians are scum, I am failing to see where we have lost all of these freedoms that some seem to insist we have lost.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join