It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to carry army-grade artillery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Have no fear. The AR-15 is not artiliry.

The police just need a weapon to combat gangs. A 9mm is not going to stand much of a chance against an AK-47. Even if these gangs are not using AK-47's it's all too easy for them to go out and buy the same AR-15 the police will be using. It is legal for most of you to go out and buy and AR-15 if you feel the need to arm yourselfs. Based on your criminal record anyways...

Just a bit of information for you guys, I wouldn't be suprised if an AK-47 round could go through police body armor at close range.

I am against police brutality but I don't want officers to be under armed. Remember, the primary job of a police officer is to protect people and maintain order. If they can't do this then you all might want to go out and buy an AR-15. They are easy to use and maintain.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I'm just saying, semis aren't for public safety

You do know what semi automatic means right? Basically you pull the trigger once and it fires a bullet, pull the trigger again and another bullet is fired and it goes on like that till the clip or magazine is empty. Every weapon a police officer uses is "semi automatic".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join