It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Deline, NWT Nov. 2 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I found this video on youtube, it was posted a day ago:

UFO Sighting in Deline, NWT

www.youtube.com...

The bottom of the video says:

Deline UFO footage #3
Verna & Bruce Kenny
November 2, 2007

The youtube info box said it was the “Latest sighting in Deline, NWT”

Are there a lot of sightings there? Wikipedia says “It is located on the western shore of Great Bear Lake, in the Northwest Territories, Canada and is 544 km northwest of Yellowknife.”

Has anyone seen Deline UFO footage #1 or #2?

Is it even real? They sounded genuinely curious and confused. What do you think?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
whoa, nice footage... BUT it would be helpful to see landscape and whatnot to use as a reference

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Looks pretty good. To bad we did not have more reference points in the background. I could tell it was hovering because the camera was not shaking.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
VernaMaeFirth is the poster’s name. They seem like normal people by the rest of their videos, so I don't think it's a deliberate hoax. What do you think it might have been if it wasn't a UFO?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here are VernaMaeFirth’s YouTube posts in the video:

EPRIME57 (17 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
(Reply)
bruce, you sounded scared

VernaMaeFirth (17 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
(Reply)
We were pretty freaked.

baffiman (21 hours ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
(Reply)
Thats wild, ia there any other footage? Was it there all weekend?

(Reply)
We have a whole hour's worth of footage...a few clips that are really freaky with killer action ... things shooting out of it ... if you look at this other one we have frame by frame. But then an astronomer from Calgary said it was the planet Venus. This NOT Venus! Does it look like a planet to you?

(Reply)
wanna see a few other clips from the same day?

That last post was only 17 hours ago so maybe they will be posting more. Maybe someone knows about UFOs here and wants to ask them questions on YouTube?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.Unfortunately it's a blurry video with no frame of reference.
I couldn't begin to guess what the object is.
If they do indeed have more footage (hopefully focused),I'd wish they would post it.
Good find though.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen truth

I just sent them a message on YouTube asking them to post the rest. I gave them a link to this thread too, so maybe they'll pop in.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. About a 2 hour plane ride from Deline where this object was filmed. I can assure you that what these people seen wasn't anything hoaxed. This is an isolated community with about 400-500 people maybe, if that. The population is made up of mostly Sahtu Dene which are well respected and trusted in their surrounding communities in the Northwest Territories. Being someone who is living up here and around these communities often I don't believe this to be a hoax.

Some facts;

Deline is located on the western side of the Great Bear Lake (Largest in Canada and 7th largest in the world.) Also, a deep one.

The lake has a surface area of 31,153 km² (12,028 mi²) and a total Its maximum depth is 446 m (1,463 ft) and its average depth 72 m (236 ft). ).

And in 1930 they (not sure on who) discovered Uranium there as well.

Here is some quotes from the article printed in our local newspaper News/North.

"It was just sitting there, it didn't move, said Neyelle. He odserved the object hovering over the ridge for an hour, and called other people in the community to see the object."

"Other witnesses described the object as a tirable shape with a big light in the middle of it that looked like a bright star. The object was close to the residence, and they said it was slowly moving backwards."

"Other's took video and said they could see some sort of laser coming out of the bottom of the object and going into the lake below"

"A Observer Communicator and normally maintains radio contact with imcoming aircraft, said he didn't get a ny radio communication. he noted, however, that not all aircraft always radio in when they fly over. He said he briefly saw the light at around 8am"

Northern UFO Sightings:
Jan 30th, 2004: UFO sighted in the community of Fort Liard.

Aug 6, 2004: A Nahanni Butte resident attributes two stands of downed trees in the show of a circle to be UFO activity.

Feb 5, 2001: UFO sighting reported in Gjoa Haven, Nunavut.

Dec 11th, 1996: 22 witnesses from 3 different communities report a UFO sighting on the same night.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by TheNortherner]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sorry about the couple spelling mistakes.

Should be "Observed and Triangle".

Not used to posting and editing.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Northener,I must say that is very interesting footage you shot.At any time did you get the impression that this object was man made?Also how did it leave?Thank you for taking the time to post here

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi Northerner, thanks for posting. I think you said you’re just from the area, not that you shot the video. You sound pretty familiar with UFO sightings around there. Have you ever seen one? I don’t know a lot about the subject, I just found the video and thought someone here might want to see it. I wonder if aliens would need Uranium, or maybe it was some government technology to check how much is under the lake or something.

I checked YouTube again. No more video yet but this was their last post:

VernaMaeFirth (1 day ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
(Reply)
Okay people, WE did not and are still not trying to prove or argue what this is. We have about 1 hours worth of footage. It is an ojbect in the sky that is UNIDENTIFIED ... Thus we pinned it as a UFO. The initial viewing of this was by other residents of our community and It hovered 100 feet over a house and shot across the sky ... qualities of a star or Venus? You decide. I'll upload antoher clip later on this week. Right now, we are busy living! Have a good day people!

I guess they’ve gotten a lot of feed back, but they said they will post more. They have an hour, I wish we could see the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's a story I found on this. Hope it helps a little. Also, I don't think TheNortherner said he or she filmed the video, correct me if I'm wrong.

UFO Sighted Over Northwest Canadian Territory

Another Link

[edit on 11/8/2007 by Solarskye]

top topics

join