It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Space Command logo before/after Star Trek?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

In an entirely unscientific way, I have often thought that man dreams his future. It seems when a certain tipping point in expectation is reached, the reality follows.

Man dreamed for thousands of years about flying. When the industrial revolution came along, man bent his will to the task, and it wasn't long till Kitty Hawk became well known.

Maybe the aliens will come now, because the expectation has been so high for so long, and now the number of believers is past the tipping point.

If Quantum Mechanics is correct, space and time, the fabric of reality, is just a weave the observers agree on, then if enough people think it, perhaps it is woven into the future. Like a road that we build as we go, by virtue of our collective wills and desires.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

You all realize, of course, that there have been quite a few Star Trek logos created from the original series onward. Some had writing, depicting a certain department or fleet, some had only a graphic, some were used as insignia for uniforms, others as placards on ships and equipment.

It might be argued that the USAF Space System Command has similarities to one or more of the Star Trek logos, though there are actually dozens of US DOD and black ops logos and insignia that contain the familiar "chevron among the stars" theme.

The closest in this case may be the Starfleet Command HQ logo:

Here's just a few more of the Star Trek logos and insignia from recent years. I guess you can pretty much take your pick of pieces to incorporate into various present-day insignia or vice-versa.

Like the NASA logo itself (chevron among the stars/in orbit), I concur that one or the other may have been at least a passing influence on it's counterpart, though chevrons (representing craft), stars, and orbits seem a logical assemblage of graphics for any one of them, real or imaginary...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That was a trip down memory lane.

An impressive layout of logos. I often wonder how many Trekies there are here at ATS. Maybe I'll see if there's a thread on it in BTS one day.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Join me in the thread "Future of StarTrek"

I know a few trekkies on here.

Sweet collage of logos!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Got a link to that there Trek thread, Pilgrim?

p.s. here's a second line (nanner nanner)...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Here it is. It's a cool thread, most feel Paramount will mess up Trek.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join