It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why its pointless trying to prove god

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

I'm not arguing about when Jesus died. The point was to say he died about 30 AD give or take 10 years. But even Josephus was only born in 37 AD so he would be estimating as well.
Do you deny Jesus as a real historical person?

[edit on 6-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ppkjjkpp

the josephus "proof" is most likely an insertion. it's incredibly shady and many doubt the validity of it.

any other evidence?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Here are most of my posts in this thread....please feel free to misread them again.

1) Finding God and proof of God starts with faith and acts of faith....never the other way around.

2) I didn't say faith equals proof, I said the only way to find proof is to begin with faith.

3) And in that time many billions of people found their proof....YOU may not accept their proof but many have received it through faith.

4)I received my proof through my near death experience...now you may argue that my experience was some natural condition of a dying brain...well like I said YOU may not accept other peoples proof. I also had what I believe were visits from Jesus or the holy spirit after my NDE.....again it's my proof not anyone else's. I feel very blessed to have received these things. I know there are billions of people that will be more blessed than me because they lived their life without any proof and keep going on faith.

You said that the way to find proof is too begin with faith, I have faith that god doesnt exist.. so when am i gonna find this so called proof? when its too late, but by that time i would have lost consciousness and no afterlife would have shown itself, but I would be too dead too alert anyone of this, and even if by some bizarro-wacko-wonko cracked up means of resurrection, i woke up, people would not belive in me, they would be too damn high on faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I've already proven the existence of god on my thread, why is this still going on? God wants everyone to know that he is real, but he cannot do it alone, so he needs people like me to prove him real. and I've tried my best. is it pointless? No. Is it ignorant? No. Is it silly? No. I've been called all of those things for believing in GOD, still the fact remains no one here can prove to me or anyone else that he doesn't exist. So, we are winning the battle against the pesky atheits. who will fight at nothing to beat down the faithful. And still some condone religion while i've said many times christianity is not a religion..it's a belief.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I've already proven the existence of god on my thread, why is this still going on? God wants everyone to know that he is real, but he cannot do it alone, so he needs people like me to prove him real. and I've tried my best. is it pointless? No. Is it ignorant? No. Is it silly? No. I've been called all of those things for believing in GOD, still the fact remains no one here can prove to me or anyone else that he doesn't exist. So, we are winning the battle against the pesky atheits. who will fight at nothing to beat down the faithful. And still some condone religion while i've said many times christianity is not a religion..it's a belief.

alright, i can't proof god doesnt exist, but i don't belive in god still cus thats just how i belive, but lets think outside the box for a sec, IF god created the world in seven days or something, who created him/her/thing/whatever? did he/she/it just pop up magically, I've asked many people this question and they almost all come up with the same answer, that god is eternal, the thing that i mostly don't belive in is eternity, forever doesnt exist, religiuos types just come up with this to give me an answer, but it only gets me to ask more questions.. and now you're probably gonna come up with some scientific tehno-babble and formulas and stuff that forever exist, but, I mean FOREVER. never ending, never starting, if forever never started then it can't exist, right and if it doesnt exist then theres nothing to end.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Yep you guys are winning, the proof is so overwhelming

*Pssh let it go guys

[edit on 7-1-2008 by AncientVoid]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppkjjkpp

I'm not arguing about when Jesus died. The point was to say he died about 30 AD give or take 10 years. But even Josephus was only born in 37 AD so he would be estimating as well.

I am more or less certain that the biblical jesus is based on a historical person (or an amalgamation of historical people) however I am also certain that the historical 'jesus' did not do the things he was supposed to as ascertained to by the NT. I also don't believe that this person was in anyway divine (politically motivated yes), had any contact with a deity, was able to do miracles etc etc.

G

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I've already proven the existence of god on my thread, why is this still going on?
I beg to differ, on page 9 of your thread did you not state

I must say I am impressed with ATS. your posts have all been challenging and informative. to the point of being published work. some of you have really proven me wrong. And I admit, using logic will not work, heck, I just wanted to prove a point. I can now see that using logic will take god away from you, as you could never prove he is real.

God wants everyone to know that he is real, but he cannot do it alone,
So how did he manage it in the first place?

so he needs people like me to prove him real. and I've tried my best. is it pointless? No. Is it ignorant? No. Is it silly? No. I've been called all of those things for believing in GOD, still the fact remains no one here can prove to me or anyone else that he doesn't exist.
Just as you cannot prove that he or any other god exists

So, we are winning the battle against the pesky atheits. who will fight at nothing to beat down the faithful. And still some condone religion while i've said many times christianity is not a religion..it's a belief.
I think you'll find that more and more people are being disillusioned by religion as a whole and are becoming non-believers even in America so how you are winning the 'battle' (didn't know we were fighting one although you must find us threatening to your religion - why is that?)?.

G

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Just as you cannot prove that he or any other god exists

Therein lies the crux of the WHOLE thing. Both sides will only hear evidence that agrees with their respective stances. And rather than agree to disagree both want to destroy the other, for various reasons.

I think you'll find that more and more people are being disillusioned by religion as a whole and are becoming non-believers even in America so how you are winning the 'battle' (didn't know we were fighting one although you must find us threatening to your religion - why is that?)?.

Puhlease. Both sides are antagonistic as HELL towards each other.
And you seem to assume that all non-believers are in fact atheists, I could be wrong but the inference is there.

I am a non-believer as far as Christianity goes but nor do I reject the possiblity of SOMETHING being out there. Also, it is altogether possible that Yehwah (or Jehovah) does in fact exist but the Christian church intentionally got it wrong so they could better use it as a tool for well power.

**Please note I do try to keep my particular beliefs out of it.**

[edit on 8-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I find this to be quite rude.
1)you still stand by your "theory" that god CAN be proven.
many educated people (On BOTH sides of theology!) have kindly admited that God cant be proven one way or the other.
2)you have a very un-educated,biased outlook on atheist.(im assuming simply because they dont believe and god right?)
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature
-Carl Sagan.
Lastly-I think you have the potential to be a good guy..you clearly stated that you have stood up to adversity..like when people call you dumb or ignorant for believing in God...kudos to you.Thats a very hard thing to do..standing up for your beliefs no matter what.
btw im just trying to compliment you man...so please dont try burn be to a crust.
peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

Originally posted by ppkjjkpp

I am more or less certain that the biblical jesus is based on a historical person (or an amalgamation of historical people) however I am also certain that the historical 'jesus' did not do the things he was supposed to as ascertained to by the NT. I also don't believe that this person was in anyway divine (politically motivated yes), had any contact with a deity, was able to do miracles etc etc.

G

How are you so certain that jesus didn't the things he was supposed to?
What political purpose would Jesus have? He was crucified by the general public.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
GOD is the undisputed #1 murderer in existence, if existing. I intend to have a word or two with this character should we ever meet.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The most powerful people on earth, the most studied occultists of the white and black lodges, and the highest priests all worship either God or the Bhaphomet (sp? whatever) so one should take the queue that when wealth allows research these folks are clued in. God cannot exist because one can not prove it? that pretty worldy crap if you ask me, and if He exists the opposing force must also exist to match science.

This is a no brainer here folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join