It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why its pointless trying to prove god

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Me: (Thinking to myself, I'm dealing with idiots)

By the way Christian, you aren't dealing with idiots ,,and I would be careful if I were you, don't underestimate your "true" adversary's tactics. The enemy has no ego no need to be right in jeopardy. That enemy is a hell of a lot more clever then you give credit for. Don't let him use your need to be right against you .

Good Luck and

God Bless

- Con

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Here Val, you might think this is funny
ultramedia.freehostia.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you Lord, the author of confusion, for not giving atheists the evidence you know they need to know you exist.

GOD: What may be known of Me is manifest in you, for I have shown it to you. For since the creation of the world, My invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even My eternal power and Godhead, so that you are without excuse, because, although you know Me, you do not glorify Me as God, nor are thankful, but become futile in your thoughts, and your foolish hearts are darkened. Professing to be wise, you become fools.

Skeptic: GOD is a crock for creating the world in such a way that he knew sin would naturally follow. Ingenious!

GOD:I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, according to their own thoughts; a people who provoke Me to anger continually to My face.

Skeptic: Where is your proof? Strawman, I use only logic science and critical thinking

Call it inspiration call it what you like but Ill call it,,
A Letter From God:

The only condition your thinking is in is critical condition I say Come as a child, Drop the attitude. Let go of all your pre-conceived notions about my people, my book, Science and Religions even what you always thought of me.

Then come as a child does his mother and father.

Asking me or anyone else to prove I exist is folly Asking Jesus to prove who he is didn't work for Herrod and it didn't work for Pilot and they were leaders of Rome. What if he did prove it and to those who knew they didn't ask. What if you owned a business and all those who worked there didn't know it was yours. You would see who they are AS they are and the way they would treat you would give you an honest idea about who you should fire and those that otherwise would have been nice just because they knew your signature was on the bottom of that check. You can't have it that easy for I need to know who MINE REALLY ARE.

It is an insult to assume that after I have made you ,

you deny I am.

Then you say to prove God and the invitation is open for you to meet him but you do not take it.

He doesn't bite but still you will not. While you cast stones at those who know him already you ask them to prove that too and they share what they know only as babes in an eternity, babes in Christ.

If you want to know the King of Kings Lord of Lords then YOU DO IT HIS WAY. YOU ASK ME!

It is my way or the highway and the highway would be your way and that highway is the one to hell. Don't give me the hell talk for you have been given the direction to take of the fork in the road.

That is a choice you make not me.

If you want to believe you came from apes, fine, God made all things and all things God made of those creatures large and small only one has a soul and that soul is eternal.

If you seek Me, you will find Me. If all you can come up with is that evolution created your life just to live love learn all that you do and all that you think you know,,for what end?

To die? Sorry guys that Dog won't hunt but for the sake of argument then your questions about life would be better aimed at asking,,

what was the point?

Obviously, will never know there is a point to have ever been made is death is the only reason the only point and purpose you were made and you may say it is to further the survival of a next generation or even a new species so that they to ,,,

Can what?

do the same thing?

I know if you were me then you know why I would be asking

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

But you are not me and you can not know.

So why do you care so much about those who may not like your disbelief if only it is they have a need for a purpose a reason for being. Do you think I would merely give them a taste of life just to simply shut them off like a computer then erase every memory. You may not think you have a purpose but I do and I don't make someone as wonderful as you are made FOR NOTHING.

While that is what you are arguing for meaningless end solving nothing never knowing you knew anything.

How's that working for ya ?

Even if my followers believe there is a point a purpose for their lives,, why would you try to take that away from them when all you offer is a chance to die never knowing they were ever born let alone who you are or that you ever were?

Of all the things you have said about GOD that make no sense at all then you must concede arguing with those that believe and have faith is the most self centered act accomplishing only that which you will never know you even said or did. You will be dead, so,, isn't that right?

Believers may not be humble to man all the time but they have been honest expressed love that God knows is his by choice and not by coercion.

Of the things your science can teach you it has the bias against seeing anything to prove God. When I saw you using science to find me or prove me, it reminded me of the tower that I created other languages.

Your evolution has no language no encoder and decoder but the one I use called DNA

They will no more admit to the bias then the believer can deny GOD. Though you might think you have gained a member to your ranks, in these calls to know me all behind the guise of proving your smarter then silly believers. YOU AREN'T SMARTER THEN ME AND THEY ARE STILL HERE BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT.

You may persuade that person but they never knew me and those that do may be lost in a storm out in the field like a lost lamb I will keep looking for you.

Do you think your passion for arguing all this time with believers is JUST so you can be right? Do you think you are making them smart by corrupting their ideas with your science and logic? Why bother when you don't believe in God anyway. Could it be of all the animals in creation I created only ONE that could conceivably ask "WHERE DO I COME FROM?"

I put that in all of you genetically hardwired that question to ask so that you would know you are special and to seek me and find me.

You choose to know me on your terms ignoring the fact that wanting proof of me is proof prima facie

See any ducks arguing any elephants birds chirping about ad homs or logic? See any other creatures using technology a laser scope to kill a deer while that deer or any other creature has evolved technologies to defend against it?

You are here with hardwired need to know me.

Yet of all the things you think you know,, until you come as a child to meet me,, you know nothing at all.

My followers will try the best they can to answer you,, some you will make upset and they will get angry and you will say AH HA! .

Ah ha nothing,, jokes on you as you really don't want to know me at all. So quit asking quit making fun of them. Frankly proving me is something you would have to be GOD to understand.

I give them credit for even trying and is what Faith is all about. In the meantime you debate and of all the creatures large and small,

none care what the others know about a GOD

BUT YOU DO?

You may think that is your human intelligence and think that you don't believe in GOD while the passionate arguments you have prove otherwise. It is the internal conflict between that which you think comes from intellect in a battle of your very soul that inner voice you deny screaming to be saved hoping one of those you are asking will be the one who will bring you to me.

LIES! you say?

I am a GOD long suffering with no ego to protect, no need to be right that's in jeopardy. Have you not noticed that believers are quite content in what you call their stupidity?

They are not stupid they are just don't know all the things you think make you smarter that they think is the very thing that keeps you from hearing me. Your needs block the paths by which those needs could be fulfilled.

They know me and you do not.

They understand that some even getting angry.

They will at times and I apologize but we are family and they stick up for family as the blood of the lamb is thicker then waters of a senseless end an atheistic death whose point is only pointless for a future you argue so hard to fight for is a future with no future at all. In a time of eternity life is but a blink of an eye.

Come as a child if you want to see me and get it from the horses mouth as you say.

Then you can ask who I sent as the comforter for then you will feel my touch on your hardened heart and I will soften it as silk and you will know me and understand what it is only I can know and you can only try to understand.

Then you will see me in all things and remember a time when you called believers blind with their faith. You still don't get it though that you have got to have faith first, that I am.

then come as a child and I will show you my house and set my table for a feast with those you had thrown stones at. They all know for they too were like you. They had a calling perhaps less hostile less combative then yours but they heard me and they came as a child, they knocked and the door was opened and they know,

I am the GREAT, I AM.

It isn't for them to ask once they know me for they know they have an eternity to ask me any questions and the comfort of knowing,,

they need know nothing more, then that.

That may enrage you while you say it keeps them stupid and ignorant when stupid is knowing what you know is to know nothing at all when you die and never to known what it was,,,

you thought you knew,

when you thought,,

you knew it.

Do you really believe that you know more about life then they?

When all you know about life is death then everything in between is for not.

I have given all creatures a need to want to be alive so that they would stay alive fearing death.

If you were to take all the knowledge of the universe and condense it to one single solitary word, that is the command hard coded in all of creations DNA.

One single word.

SURVIVE!

You are the only creature with a subcommand for the others die but have no soul. The soul that has one directive.

"Phone Home."

Yes funny but true,, your soul is trying to call me and you don't even know it. While I just told you through a believers hand who already knows,, you won't listen and throw stones.

Believers may wonder what I even see in you but they take it because they know you are important to me for they were like you,,

A nomad who has lost their way,,

Possesionless and

un-possessed

You try so cleverly to paint me in a corner and while you ask if exist my answer would be,, Do you love? Do you have a temper ever get angry?

You would say yes and I would say THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW!

I made you in my image and I love hard and FIGHT HARDER. You have anger because I do.

Then again you try asking If evil serves a purpose for God, then evil is good. Since God creates only good things, evil is a good creation and also hell.

Who are you, O man, to challenge the sovereignty of the Lord our God, creator of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen: Just as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good and multiply you,

so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you and bring you to nothing.

But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice (for the Lord your God is a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you.

Therefore know this day and consider it in your heart, that the Lord Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath, there is no other.

To those who believe on the name of Jesus Christ, I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;

and I will not remember your sins,,

or your tawdry posts.

Got Questions?
We got answers plato.stanford.edu...

Forum Warriors?
No problem,, learn "the rules of engagement" ultramedia.freehostia.com...

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
The fact is you can't prove god because he/she/it/zork (gender you cant even imagine!) doesn't exist. AND even if he/she/it/zork did exist YOU COULDN'T PROVE ITS YOURS. I see theists try and fail just trying to prove A god, can't wait to see them try to prove their god.
PS: They can't

You can't prove there is no God therfore it is not scientifically, logically valid to say there is no God. A god wouldn't exactly be a "god" if we could prove him. Life alone proves there is a creator. If you don't believe this then it is at least more probable that there is a God to explain life. You are limiting God to try and understand him which you can't because he is God.
It is just as accurate to say there is a God as it is to say there is no God. If you are so sure there is no God with no proof then continue living in a godless world.
What was the point in even starting a thread like this? You know that no one is going to give you hard proof of God. Just like you like can't prove there is no God. What's so wrong with believing in God it's the same as believing there is no God.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

People who believe that there is no god cause you can't see him.
You cant see wind but you know its there, eh?

People who don't believe in creation.
IF you look outside, you see a building. Do you know how it got there?
now look at the flowers, the animals, the world as one. How did it come to being?

Now let me tell you this,

THERE IS NO ATHEIST IN THE BUNKERS

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 24threever

i think the saying is "there are no atheists in foxholes"
...even though there's an atheist in foxholes memorial... yeah, there are. you're just spouting off a tired argument.

ok, you use the argument from "if it exists, it must have been made"
well, what about god? what made god?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by 24threever

ok, you use the argument from "if it exists, it must have been made"
well, what about god? what made god?

God was always there and always will be. He's God, he can do anything he wants. If we could understand God in our brains then God wouldn't be much of a God.
You say there is no God, I say there is a God. When we die we will find out. If there is no God and I die, then what do I have to worry about. If there is a God and I die, then I'll be in heaven and you'll be in hell. Your choice. Again how can you be so sure there is no God. You can't prove it.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppkjjkpp
You say there is no God, I say there is a God. When we die we will find out. If there is no God and I die, then what do I have to worry about. If there is a God and I die, then I'll be in heaven and you'll be in hell. Your choice. Again how can you be so sure there is no God. You can't prove it.

A bit of Pascal's wager there. And if you are wrong and the muslims are right, you burn in hell, and probably the same for numerous other gods with their various man-made threatened punishments.

The best example I've found for my approach to this, and many atheists I know, is Sagan's Dragon in my garage.

Hopefully that might help you understand the general atheist mindset.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

God was always there and always will be.

one could say "the universe was always there and will always be"

He's God, he can do anything he wants. If we could understand God in our brains then God wouldn't be much of a God.

so to be godly is to be completely irrational?

You say there is no God, I say there is a God. When we die we will find out.

actually, that's not necessarily true. there could be a god and no afterlife, thus neither of us would know who was right in the end.

If there is no God and I die, then what do I have to worry about.

that you wasted your life with irrationality and poisoning the world

If there is a God and I die, then I'll be in heaven and you'll be in hell.

several things wrong with that:
1: you assume god judges solely based on belief
2: judge not lest ye be judged
3: what if it's baal or any of the other 4000+ deities that have existed
4004: could be a god without an afterlife
4005: could be a god without a negative afterlife
4006: could be a god without a positive afterlife

Your choice. Again how can you be so sure there is no God. You can't prove it.

well, for one thing the burden of proof rests on you.

another thing:

Your choice. Again, how can you be sure that there is a god? You can't prove it.

Your choice. Again, how can you be sure that there god isn't Baal, Thor, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or any other deity? You can't prove that it's your god.

the use of Pascal's wager shows a lot of arrogance

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
melatonin and madnessinmysoul

I’m talking about the God of the Bible. The Bible has been proven to be historically correct. Many persons in the Bible have been discovered, as well, more than 90% of the places mentioned in the Bible have been identified and still exist. Also many of the Bible’s prophecies have been fulfilled already and the rest have yet to be fulfilled. If you read the prophecies of the Bible written thousands of years ago, and then look at the world past and today you will know that it is real.
Read this, hauns.com...
Again, I can’t prove the God of the Bible and you can’t prove he is not there. If you read the link above you will see what is fast approaching.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

melatonin and madnessinmysoul

I’m talking about the God of the Bible. The Bible has been proven to be historically correct.
Would you care to rephrase this as you are making it seem that the whole of the bible is historical truth when it is not. For instance

Many persons in the Bible have been discovered,
While this is quite true for some there is no evidence for any of the patriarchs nor even for jesus and his cronies

as well, more than 90% of the places mentioned in the Bible have been identified and still exist.
While I disagree with your percentages, I agree that biblical cities have been discovered although the stories concerning some of these have been found to be wrong i.e Jericho wasn't even inhabited when the supposed walls fell down and jerusalem was just a small town during the glory age of the empire of solomon.

Also many of the Bible’s prophecies have been fulfilled already and the rest have yet to be fulfilled. If you read the prophecies of the Bible written thousands of years ago, and then look at the world past and today you will know that it is real.
Read this, hauns.com...
I think many people will disagree with your findings on this one e.g The site states the best guess for the death of jesus to be 29 CE - even John the baptist was still alive at this point (according to Josephus he was killed around 36 CE) therefore making jesus still alive at this point

Again, I can’t prove the God of the Bible and you can’t prove he is not there. If you read the link above you will see what is fast approaching.
You also cannot disprove the Hindu gods, nor the Egyptian, Nordic or Greek gods which I don't suppose that you believe exist which show the fallacy of such a statement.

G

[edit on 4-1-2008 by shihulud]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
does christianity prove the existanceof god

becuase i just finished watching the bibal camp movie and well

if i say how i feel about it

i might get banned with the words i might use

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
While I disagree with your percentages, I agree that biblical cities have been discovered although the stories concerning some of these have been found to be wrong i.e Jericho wasn't even inhabited when the supposed walls fell down and jerusalem was just a small town during the glory age of the empire of solomon.

ok, hold on. im not gonna sling mud at you or call you a liar, but if you could please, just show me where you're getting this information, as i would like to see this radically different path of history you are offering up as fact with no links or references to back it up.

You also cannot disprove the Hindu gods, nor the Egyptian, Nordic or Greek gods which I don't suppose that you believe exist which show the fallacy of such a statement.

the fallacy is actually in your statement, because you are making assumptions based on his beliefs. where is the logic here? by your logic, i should be able to state that because you claim that those gods can't be disproven, you must believe in all of them.

congratulations, you have just used your own flawed logic to become the worlds first multi-theist! dont get this confused with polytheism, which is a belief in multiple gods that are interconnected with each other, oh no. you are a believer in several gods that are in no way interconnected with each other.

now then, referring to my earlier post in which i stated that logic can not be applied to matters of the heart, such as god, gods, or whatever you believe in, that these arguments that are being presented are all opinion, to which everyone is entitled. this should be remembered instead of calling a persons beliefs flawed logic and trying to use it to categorize them into some pool of lesser intelligent human beings.

shihulud, i apologize for pinpointing your post, but you can't call someone's statement a fallacy when the statement you made is a fallacy in itself. i think that's called irony...

yes, there are parts of the bible that are fact. there are people that have been recorded in scrolls and tablets as having lived, other than the bible.

yes, there are cities in the bible that existed, still exist today, and will continue to exist.

no, not every story, tale, prophecy, revelation, etc. can be proven as fact, because the bible is not a history book. it is a tool to be used by those that believe in god and jesus to apply to their lives and try to make them more spiritually whole.

the first step is to stop arguing about whether there is a god or not a god.
the second step is to RESPECT other people's beliefs and not call them unintelligent because they don't believe the same things you believe, which to you may seem illogical... it doesn't matter, as long as you believe fully in what you believe, then what another person says shouldn't matter. it doesn't matter if this thread gets to be 500 pages long, all the arguments are going to be the same...

poster A: i believe in "insert deity here" and it's the right thing to believe in because the "insert religious work here" says so.

poster B: well... thats stupid, because i believe in "insert different/no deity here" because it's illogical to think that there is "insert supreme being here" that can make "insert miracle here" happen at will, so you're wrong because "insert flawed logic"...

ive seen 10 pages of this drivel now, and it needs to end.

i will say this here and now. i believe in a god. i don't need logic, a bible, or some crazy man to tell me otherwise, because it's what i believe. i don't care what you believe, as long as you believe it with all your heart. i am not here to change your belief system, because that's not what's most important in life.

p.s. don't bother hitting up wikipedia for the term multitheism, as i made it up to make a point.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
if god can do anything, why did he make evil on the earth, to then struggle so hard against it, and if he can do anything why not stop all the suffering in the world,

he successfully made an angel that would betray him, and he cant even defeat him (but hes god he can do anything).

ive often said that if god existed he would strike me down right there and then, guess what, im still up

and when people get diseases and pain i ask them how could you believe in a god when he lets this happen, they reply god meant for me to have this suffering, its a test.

then i totally get it, so you need to suffer as a test, while hundreds of other people just go to church and they instantly get into heaven

and from what ive seen on the history channel (a show on Rome) christianity only rose in influence because the emperor wanted someone to pick on and blame all the problems on (they were choosen because they were wrongly accused of starting a really big fire) and the empereors plan didnt work as well as hoped it would. But he could have choosen from many of the other cults in rome at the time.

and even if everthing in christianity was true, i would rather worship Satan than god.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
if god can do anything, why did he make evil on the earth, to then struggle so hard against it, and if he can do anything why not stop all the suffering in the world,

Everyone asks that question once in a while eh? similar questions are...Why did god leave me? What did I do to god to get this? If god cares, why so much suffering? and such....

But if you have read the bible. It pretty much gives our answer (but not the one we want).

"Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they all had sinned" (romans 5:12)

And if this isn't enough

The Jehovah's Witnesses believed that "GOD'S KINGDOM" was founded in the heavens in 1914. That's right during the war... Why would he create it during the war? It probably could've been just before the war. But to create a peaceable kingdom it must banish the reckless and evil ones. That means The devil "Satan" lived with god and such till 1914, he was thrown down to Earth. That could explain WWI, and why after 1914 everything (society) morals got worse in general...not to say that before 1914 everything was at peace, I ment that nowadays you can't leave your door unlocked cause there's a very higher chance of getting robbed.

he successfully made an angel that would betray him, and he cant even defeat him (but hes god he can do anything).

no why would he do that? Ok, so he didn't make em like robots, each and every angel had their own personality but believe in god cause he created them. That betrayer, had enough of god's authority and challenged the "higher up" of his authority, saying that Humans can lead themselves without gods guidance. That was the challenge, and its quite obvious who will win.

ive often said that if god existed he would strike me down right there and then, guess what, im still up

If god created you just to destroy you whats the point? If god is loving, wise, strong, lawful and Just (justice). If he kills you he isn't loving or just, neither lawful.

and when people get diseases and pain i ask them how could you believe in a god when he lets this happen, they reply god meant for me to have this suffering, its a test.
then i totally get it, so you need to suffer as a test, while hundreds of other people just go to church and they instantly get into heaven

I don't believe in a heaven or hell, definitely no hell. God is definite love, why would he create a place of eternal pain and damnation, for the priceless creation (human beings)?

and even if everthing in christianity was true, i would rather worship Satan than god.

Dude, just by saying that statement, you've just answered all your questions... YOUR GOD IS SATAN

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
Well there was a thread I got with my "popular threads" email called proving god with logic and critical thinking. This guy said that since he feels happy when he's near a church god is real.....yah. First that has NO logic in it and had little if ANY thinking in it, let alone CRITICAL thinking.
But I regress, heres why its pointless trying to prove god.
A.) There is NO hard scientific evidence of any form of god.
B.) I've heard all the dumb arguments "Its written in creation" "God made it so only those who are willing to believe can see" Blah blah blah. Yet NOWHERE in any of those arguments does it say that its THEIR god. I could easily say "Its written in creation that (whatever god they don't believe in) made it and only those willing to believe can see it" And there goes they're whole argument. The fact is you can't prove god because he/she/it/zork (gender you cant even imagine!) doesn't exist. AND even if he/she/it/zork did exist YOU COULDN'T PROVE ITS YOURS. I see theists try and fail just trying to prove A god, can't wait to see them try to prove their god.
PS: They can't

It's like you being in a house and saying, there is no evidence for a builder. It's like looking at a beautiful painting and denying it had a painter. It's like looking at the universe and saying, "there is no God".

It will always be pointless to ty to convince the blind that they could see... if only they would open their eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That logic is just as worst as saying god is real because you can feel him like the wind. If you can't see the flaw in your statement then think it over with an open mind and then hopefully i won't have to explain it to you.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Almost all the tombs of the high priests and kings in the Bible have been dug up. It makes sense for the people not of political importance to be found, especially Jesus, since the crowds were yelling to crucify him. As for the cities mentioned in the Bible, almost all have been discovered. You claim Jericho wasn’t inhabited and Jerusalem was a small town, do you honestly believe the writers of the Bible would write about uninhabited cities? They could have just simply choose any other city if they were just making it up. I don’t think they were that dumb. Even wikipedia agrees that Jesus died at about 30 A.D. Moreover the source was just estimating, stating that we don’t know the exact year. No I can’t prove that Hindu, Egyptian or Greek Gods are not real. But the Bible supports history and archaeological finds more than any other belief. The Bible’s prophecies have been proved more accurately than any other and are continuing to be. Nonetheless, God’s can’t be proved scientifically and you can believe what you want. It’s just as ‘ludicrous’ (how atheists seem to put it) to believe in God as it is to say there is no God.
Here's some evidence for Jesus. www.randallniles.com...

[edit on 4-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
“Why its pointless trying to prove god”

Why it’s pointless trying to prove:

The Easter bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Angels, Demons, Bigfoot, Giants, Elves, Goblins, Ghosts, Witches, Wizards, etc……………………..

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by shihulud

Almost all the tombs of the high priests and kings in the Bible have been dug up.
Where is the evidence for this? I cant remember them ever finding solomons tomb.

It makes sense for the people not of political importance to be found, especially Jesus, since the crowds were yelling to crucify him.
The fact is there is no credible evidence for the biblical jesus nor his buddies.

As for the cities mentioned in the Bible, almost all have been discovered. You claim Jericho wasn’t inhabited and Jerusalem was a small town, do you honestly believe the writers of the Bible would write about uninhabited cities? They could have just simply choose any other city if they were just making it up. I don’t think they were that dumb.
It makes perfect sense that the OT writers would claim this as the events took place well before these parts of the OT were written.

Even wikipedia agrees that Jesus died at about 30 A.D. Moreover the source was just estimating, stating that we don’t know the exact year.
The source must have been estimating due to even wikipedia stating that John the Baptist died between 30 CE and 33 CE and Josephus having him die at around 36 CE so unless we have another miracle theres no way jesus was dead in 29 CE.

No I can’t prove that Hindu, Egyptian or Greek Gods are not real. But the Bible supports history and archaeological finds more than any other belief.
You tend to forget that the bible is made up of two religions, -the jewish OT and the christian NT, it is the OT that has more historicity than the NT

The Bible’s prophecies have been proved more accurately than any other and are continuing to be.
There is no evidence to suggest this just as much as the evidence for Nostradamus's prophecies - take the book of daniel for instance, it is thought to have been written in the mid 2nd Century BCE and not in the 6th Century BCE so it would seem the prophecies were written AFTER the events.

Nonetheless, God’s can’t be proved scientifically and you can believe what you want. It’s just as ‘ludicrous’ (how atheists seem to put it) to believe in God as it is to say there is no God.
Here's some evidence for Jesus. www.randallniles.com...
Gods cannot be proven period, whether by scientific means or otherwise. What we can do is predict the probability of gods and also prove by scientific means that attributes given to certain gods are false.

As for your 'evidence of jesus' there was none, only evidence for the time of jesus - and some of it poor at that i.e There is no evidence for the habitation of Nazareth in the early 1st century.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join