It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a place for Mod Bias

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by budski

Right, so its not necessary to be liked by a Mod. You just admitted that its alright if a Mod is biased against you.

You don't have to like someone to agree with them - or to disagree and have a conversation for that matter.

Well, that's how it is on earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
The reason is as stated - simple curiosity about member opinion.

No particular interaction with another staff member has resulted in this?

Rather than answering that question, answer the following.

In the past few hours, has a staff member taken any action towards your account, or any of your posts? (I'm not looking for any details, just a generic question.)

If so, I would like you to honestly answer if you feel that it has led to this thread. If so, is that not bias? If not, please explain.

Thank you.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Warning maybe not so fun, but what about banning?
Tell me you didn’t enjoy banning this guy www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

imho, cops don't become cops to tell the citizens how awesome it is that they are being wonderful citizens. lets be real here.

You are so wrong here as well...

I, like most Police Officers, became an Officer in order to help people...

I understand that there are exceptions to this, and I have known some, but they, never last long...

Just saying....

Semper

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Nope - nothing in the past few days that wasn't warranted. And that was because I over external qouted, so it was my fault.

So like I said, I'm being honest and have no agenda, just curiosity.

I realise you get a lot of stick, but that isn't the case from me in this particular instance.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by budski]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Sorry man, the link didn't work. That being said, yes, I have felt some satisfaction removing a serious problem from the board. Not from a personal standpoint but the fact that the board just got better.

That's what some just don't get. We are NOT paid to do this. We do it for the board, the members and future members. We are ALL building something special here.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

That was really strange.
What was that guy on?

I have to admit, pretty funny too.
I realise it can't happen on ATS, but if it were another site, I'd keep him in for pure comedy value.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

If anything I would say the mods don't get to use their opinion enough -- not saying in punishment or applauds or anything, but being so busy with mod duties are less entitled to partake in actual conversation -- and when they do are more prone to being declared one way or the other and then if they punish someone that comes back into question -- which is sad.

I have not seen very many, if any at all, "baised" punishment, and would have no clue as far as applauding as for some reason that is not publicly noted (I think a thread that has been applauded should say so!)

Anyways, they work for free so give em a break. Or SO could give them a salary!!!
Not likely eh?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Not likely eh?

Once membership goes up to a Billion in 2012 because everyone wants to know what those saucers are doing hovering above cities, ATS will start paying mods.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

there are other ways of helping people. you must get some satisfaction from putting the "bad guys" away.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There's an awful lot of truth in that.

I mean the bit about SO and the salary

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Once membership goes up to a Billion in 2012 because everyone wants to know what those saucers are doing hovering above cities, ATS will start paying mods.

If it's retroactive I can live with that.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

*Now if i could just get out of this white jacket tied in the back...*

The white jacket just might be thinking "how can I get this crazy human out of me", ok back to subject...sorry for the hijack.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

there are other ways of helping people. you must get some satisfaction from putting the "bad guys" away.

See, that is the problem...

Lack of knowledge...

"I" don't put bad guys away...... That is what the courts and "you" as the jurors do..

It is simply my job to enforce the law and YES.. Help people...

And yes there probably are better ways, but I follow the path laid out before me... That and I seem to be fairly successful in my chosen profession...

Well that and I have never found a better way of helping people.

Semper

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If it's retroactive I can live with that.

So, who should I complain to about the one-liner?

Uh oh, not a one liner.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I've deducted 20 points from myself. Er, make that 40.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
...Ya know its gotta give ya little charge to put that tiny warn label by someones name.... i know... i used to be a mod on a board.

Are you kidding me???

Personally, I get No joy from having to reprimand members. My motivation stems from helping out.

-Helping out the site that brought me so many (free) hours of enjoyable reading, and comradery.

-Helping out the newer members, just as I was helped.

-Helping by adding my tiny voice to the collective, that is, ATS.

For me being a mod is akin to picking up the neighbors mail,
pitching in to repair the local school kids ballpark or lending your expertise
to a friend for free.

You help where and when you can, and expect nothing but fairplay.

Playing the 'hall monitor' is the least appealing part of this position, IMO.

And frankly, I resent your broadbrush insinuation that I, (or any of us) as a mod would be

governed by the aberrant intent, you seemingly succumbed to.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

You know, this is a form of Herzberg, satisfiers and dissatisfiers, or hygiene and
motivators.

satisfiers describe a person's relationship with what she or he does, many related to the tasks being performed. Dissatisfiers, on the other hand, have to do with a person' relationship to the context or environment in which she or he performs the job. The satisfiers relate to what a person does while the dissatisfiers relate to the situation in which the person does what he or she does.

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Jbird

You know, this is a form of Herzberg, satisfiers and dissatisfiers, or hygiene and
motivators.

satisfiers describe a person's relationship with what she or he does, many related to the tasks being performed. Dissatisfiers, on the other hand, have to do with a person' relationship to the context or environment in which she or he performs the job. The satisfiers relate to what a person does while the dissatisfiers relate to the situation in which the person does what he or she does.

www.abovepolitics.com...

Well you're going to have to spell that one out for me. I can't understand jargon.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, We're Biased

Keep us honest.

(This is not a two-line post.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join