It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of the Final Testament -- "Jesus of Siberia"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Russian 'religious' group's info. Found a statement from one of them here. Which reads like a strange Russian manifesto from 1996.

Here's the 101 about them:

Church of the Final Testament Started in the early 1990s by a former Russian police sergeant named Sergei Torop who was dismissed from the force after he had a series of religious visions, the group holds particular fascination for former Communist Party members.

Torop, who took the name Vissarion, rejects prohibitions on suicide. He tells his followers he is Jesus Christ, and looks the part with flowing dark hair and wispy beard. Currently building a "City of the Sun" on Siberia’s Mount Sukhaya, the Vissarionites are estimated to be the largest cult-like group in Russia with thousands of followers.

www.bible.ca...

Pre-2000 certain 'authorities' thought they'd pull a mass suicide. they didn't, like that last paragraph said, he's against suicide. So, I found this Guardian News article from 2002.

It's all very complicated," he starts quietly. "But to keep things simple, yes, I am Jesus Christ. That which was promised must come to pass. And it was promised in Israel 2,000 years ago that I would return, that I would come back to finish what was started."

Meet the Messiah of Siberia, Vissarion Christ - the Teacher, as he is known to his thousands of disciples, who are convinced that he is the reincarnation of Jesus of Nazareth, come back to earth to save the world.

"He radiates incredible love," sighs Hermann, 57, a Bavarian engineer who is now selling his home in Germany to join the self-proclaimed messiah...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
this crap is garbage.
i'll pray for you all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I see this is an old thread but you have lot of information about this cult allready here. So this is a bit like update..

I like documentarie and VICE makes exceptional ones, so i stumbled upon this subject with one of their documentaries.
My Question is if this Vissarion is what he blaimes to be a Messiah, why would Messiah go undercover in rural part of Russia and take just a few members with him, when in NT Jesus promised new Heaven and new Earth, would you really think that Messiah would change his mind and take just a few with him. This is not the Messiah what NT revelations promise...

edit on 13-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

join