It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington supports the PKK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
At least, as far as I am concerned there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the current American administration is supporting the Marxist terrorist group known as the Kurdish Workers Party, an organization labelled both by the USA and EU member states, along with Turkey, as a proscribed terrorist organization.

And how would I know that? Because I followed the serial numbers. US manufactured weapon serial numbers, to be precise, shipped to Iraq, allegedly for the largest Shi'ite militia there, the current government. While the Feds are laying the blame at the feet of Blackwater for the weapons getting into the hands of the Kurds, its unlikely they would do anything of sort without direct orders from higher up. Especially when we consider over 1,260 weapons have been seized by Turkish forces from the PKK so far. BlackWater just happend to have those spare, did they?

And of course, the good old “few corrupt officers” in the US military are the ones supplying the weapons, according to Foreign Minister Gul of Turkey. Funny, how all these corrupt officers always seem to have connections with the political and intelligence establishment, should they ever be charged or bought to trial at all. Not that I'm suggesting this is a standard MO for the USA to covertly fund organizations. I mean, after Iran-Contra, that would just be silly. And we should totally ignore the fact that a certain little known General called Patreaus didn't bother to make a working system to track US weapon shipments to Iraq.

And the fact we are supporting the Iranian wing of the PKK as one of our allies in the upcoming war on Iran should also be entirely ignored. The idea that the Kurdish Party of Life, Pejak, would smuggle its US supplied weapons over the border into Iraqi and Turkish Kurdistan is preposterous.

Indeed, asking questions about why the PKK, an organization which suffered a string of catastrophic losses in the 90s (from sponsorship by Syria to the capture of various leaders) could suddenly unleash a campaign of violence is just not worth our time. I mean, it could just be a glut of weapons from the Iraqi warehouses, 'liberated' by various criminal entrepreneurs, right? And their sudden transformation from vanilla terrorist organization (planting bombs in public places) to a guerilla organization deploying large numbers of irregular forces in single operations...well, perhaps they felt it was time for a change. That's plausible, right?

From where I sit, it looks like the powers that be have decided even Turkey, a NATO member state, is expendable in the attack on Iran. Turkey's tacit alliance with Iran over the Kurdish issue is a problem for an administration intent on using said Kurds to spearhead their attack on the country. Now, chances are that the US is not directly providing support to the PKK, that it is a side-effect of supporting Pejak. But it seems to be a price they are willing to make Turkey pay. It was hardly unforseeable that any Pejak support would eventually flow over into the PKK.

Or maybe it was accounted for. Stratfor always has a good handle on how the administration is thinking, and their latest brief (not available on site) suggests that Turkey as it stands is less willing to be a NATO state as much as it wants to be a regional power. Now, this may be true, and it may not be. I don't pretend to know. But how would an administration whose guiding philosophy involves the elimination of any threats to US hegemony, view such a move? In a hostile light, of course. If their own analysts are coming to similar conclusions, it may be that this was entirely expected and in fact the arming of the PKK is government policy.

Some links for you to read.

www.jamestown.org...
www.cnn.com...
freedom4um.com...
www.mcclatchydc.com...
www.newyorker.com...
jamestown.org...
www.philly.com...
newsblaze.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/10/27/wturkey227.xml

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Kaliayev]

join