It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware That Insect! It Could Be A UAV Spying On You!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Courtesy: Aero-News Network

Careful what you’re doing in the park next time or remember to draw the curtains of your bedroom! You could be framed by a UAV taking pics of you! Now, there’s nowhere to hide!

A Dutch company DelFly, has developed the DelFly II that weighs just 16.04 grams, can fly for 15 minutes at 30 mph or can hover for eight minutes, and has vision-based stabilization for its onboard camera. While government agencies are not admitting to using such things, you can see how this hovering electro-insect with a camera on board might come in handy for eavesdropping. Imagine this technology miniaturized even further; its makers are now developing the DelFly Nano with a wingspan of just two inches, making it nearly invisible.

And that’s not all…

Many attendees at a recent anti-war rally in Washington, DC believe they may have seen top-secret, high-tech, highly-miniaturized flying robots sent by the Department of Homeland Security to spy on them during the rally. No government agency admits to having insect-sized UAVs... but, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they'd tell us if they did.

So beware! Big brother’s watching you!

Cheers!

Ref:
www.aero-news.net...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Strangely enough, i was thinking about insects being a cover for spy robot drones (and there was me thinking I was paranoid lol). I live in the country so there are a fair few bugs roaming about. Obviously the average joe would just hit whatever it is with a news paper. Nano spies, now thats a whole other ball game.

edit. oops forgot to say when i was thinking the above, about a month ago =p

[edit on 6-11-2007 by rapturas]

new topics

join