It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot In Mountain Biking Video??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Check out this mountain biking video made in Britsh Columbia. Go to exactly 3:10 in the video, and watch what seems to step out of the bush BEHIND the biker...

Theories?

video.google.com...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Looks fake to me. But then again I'm no expert. If I were taping my buddy in his bike no matter how into his trick I was, something like a big ape walking behind him would cause me to zoom in on the big ol' bugger. Thats my opinon and im sticking to it!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good find whatever it is.

Could be a play of light, but hard to tell. Possibly a shadow.

It defininately changes shape or motion, but as mentioned, it could be a shadow.

The reason I say shadow is it seems too good to be true. I don't have the skills to freeze it and blow it up, but after stopping it at different intervals, I can see 'something' moving across the bush.

Incidentally, I see it on 3:11 / 3:12.

I don't see any listings describing it as a BF sighting... which in itself is good as it shows as less of a hoax atmosphere, I am just amazed that someone ( you, if it was you who noticed this ), came across this by accident.

Good find whatever it is, nice to see people are taking a second look.

Wig

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well spotted, I watched it all then came back to check at what runtime you saw whatever you saw.

There's 'another one' at 2:57 - 59 to the right of the biker (our right), standing in the woods.

They could be onlookers, other bikers, the 3:10 one though does a classis bigfoot type walk and comes from behind a tree, immediately the camera comes past.

It could be an intentional joke, it could be a real BF showing itself to camera on purpose. Who knows. Interesting nonetheless. How about contacting the video producers.

Update:EDIT: I'm just adding my latest observation, 3:10 BF might be riding a bike.

The 3:10 BF appears as a shadow on or through what appears to be a netting, or curtain of some sort tied to the curved pole to the right of the biker (our right).

Is it coincidence that the BF shadow comes towards the biker as the biker comes closer to the BF? i.e. if you run at a mirror the reflected image will run towards you at your exact same speed, this is what appears to be happening here.

Also BF has in one frame what looks like a bar (handle bar) between his arms.

The only thing I don't understand yet is why the shadow of the biker is facing towards the biker - like a mirror - if it were a shadow it would be facing the same way as the biker.

So I'll leave it there for others to work on my idea further.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

Thanks. I found it on a BC (Canada) Bigfoot website. Looks like a physical object to me. The forests are enormous around BC, with plenty of sightings. Maybe the guy filming was simply concentrating on his subject, the biker, and didn't notice the 'creature' until much later - if at all...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Well spotted, I watched it all then came back to check at what runtime you saw whatever you saw.

There's 'another one' at 2:57, 58, & 59 to the right of the biker, standing in the woods.

They could be onlookers, other bikers, the 3:10 one though does a classis bigfoot type walk and comes from behind a tree, immediately the camera comes past.

It could be an intentional joke, it could be a real BF showing itself to camera on purpose. Who knows. Interesting nonetheless. How about contacting the video producers.

More of them??? Thanks - I'll check that out. Yes, looks authentic to me as well - it's that 'classic' Bigfoot loping walk. It also looks like it's trying to mve away from the mtnbikers asap. Probably pretty spooked.

Cheers,

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is an obvious shadow. It is way too close not to be more defined.

SLPEXE

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I really doubt that this is bigfoot. People have been looking for bigfoot for a LONG time. If anything, mountain bikers 'thrashing' through the forest will scare any creature away.

But what do I know. Maybe bigfoot is a mountain bike junkie. Could explain how he gets from place to place.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by testrat]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Cool video. I lovved the biking in it. Not sure on the Squatch, but it does seem like the traditional BF walk. And does come out just at the right time. Fun, anyway you look at it. Cool post

[edit on 6-11-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how Sasquatches are well-known to be huge mountain biking fans, it seems reasonable that they would come out of hiding to watch some dudes crashing through the woods.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hmm, interesting indeed. It could be another camera man as well. They dress in black to avoid being seen by other camera's. But this has an ominous feel to it.....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Cool video. A shadow & or reflection of a spectator or the rider. Just something that showed up while taping and they didn't comment on it to give the video that extra little kick. Oh well, it was fun anyway.

Besides Bigfoot would never come around with all those people running around. If you want to really see them you have to go into their territory alone. With a quiet mind and an extremely high level of awareness it is possible. Once you can hear the bugs move, the birds breathing and the trees growing they might just relax enough to allow you to catch a glimpse. They will know your intentions, so you must be clean.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Hmm, interesting indeed. It could be another camera man as well. They dress in black to avoid being seen by other camera's. But this has an ominous feel to it.....

I agree...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Cool video. A shadow & or reflection of a spectator or the rider. Just something that showed up while taping and they didn't comment on it to give the video that extra little kick. Oh well, it was fun anyway.

Besides Bigfoot would never come around with all those people running around. If you want to really see them you have to go into their territory alone. With a quiet mind and an extremely high level of awareness it is possible. Once you can hear the bugs move, the birds breathing and the trees growing they might just relax enough to allow you to catch a glimpse. They will know your intentions, so you must be clean.

Thing is: many of these trails in BC are very quiet - very little traffic. And a MTB rider can suprise many creatures, as it travels fast and quietly compared to most forms of transport. MTB riders are always 'bumping' into bears around these parts - sometimes with hair-raising consequences. So why would it be any different with our friend the BF?

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
From the still frames, at first i was going to dismiss it as a camera man holding the camera near his knees to get that 'looking-up shot'... but when i saw the video... it looks like a shadow of a monkey walking or a person ducking to get out of the way.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Apparently practical jokers (jack links jeky) and mountain bikers get on bigfoots nerves too bad a biker didnt get ripped in half

[edit on 22/11/07 by The Exiled One]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My instant reaction to this when I watched it was, a group of guys hanging out in the woods doing some mountianbiking messing around like guys do, one probs dressed up as a bigfoot to walk around in the background as some sort of joke, if the camera man didn't notice it other people would have. The movement just reminded me of the classic bigfoot video too much.

I dunno though thats just my thoughts

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Cool Video, fun to watch. I don't know if it's a BF, but it appeared that whatever it was was moving away in the opposite direction. Does anyone know if the course curves back into that area? If so, could have been another cameraman getting ready for a shot.

It's also possible that no one saw anything because their attention was on the biker. Heck, who hasn't had someone walk right up against them while their attention was focused on some other event. This shadow appeared to being moving away from the direction the biker was moving in. Cats in my neighborhood first freeze, then move the opposite direction all the time when I walk out and catch them off guard.

Again, no way to prove it's a BF, but could be. Thanks for posting.

top topics

join