It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 35 – LIVE From IRAQ With ADVISOR – ATS MOD SQUAD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
ATS MIX:

Show 35 – LIVE From IRAQ With ADVISOR – ATS MOD SQUAD

The ATS MIX Team finally connects with one of AboveTopSecret.Com’s own MOD SQUAD TROOPS who is serving somewhere in IRAQ. With the time difference between Dave and Johnny, it was almost 0200 hrs. (2 a.m.) the following day when this show was done. Unlike the previous Mod Squad shows, Dave and Johnny get into the personal side of being in harm’s way in IRAQ and ask about the ups, downs, friendships, laughter and tragedies. It is as up close and personal as Dave and Johnny have ever gone. Once you have listened to the show, please come back to this show thread on AboveTopSecret.Com and ask questions or make comments as ADVISOR will be responding personally as his war zone commitments and time allows.

To DOWNLOAD This Program, WINDOWS ONLY, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Consider Creating A Folder Called ATS MIX since you can get them for FREE.

length: 44:55
file: atsmix_2640.mp3
size: 21059k
feed: atsmix

NOTICE - It Takes A Few Minutes For The Shows To Integrate & Play After They Are Posted To The Site

NEW SHOWS will be posted TWICE A WEEK.

If You Enjoyed The Show – FLAG THE MUTHA!

There are over 200 different bits of VIDEO COMEDY, AUDIO COMEDY, RANTS, SKITS, BITS, GAGS and MUSIC SHOWS on our Pod-O-Matic Podcast Home Pages.

Dave's Pod-O-Matic Home Page is located at:

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

Johnny's Pod-O-Matic Mondo Bizarro Home Page is located at:

johnnyanonymous.podomatic.com...

WARNING - SOME EXPLICIT MATERIAL (Dave's, of course
)

PLEASE USE THE Pod-O-Matic SEGMENT TAGS AS YOUR GUIDE FOR APPROPRIATE LISTENING TASTES

[edit on 1/15/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Good show guys and good to know your keeping well ADVISOR I have a family member in the army whos just come back from Afghanistan and just before that he was in Iraq and he to mentioned some of the things you covered. when he's been back home for a week or two one thing I have to say is $100 for internet what a ripp! stay safe keep up the good work.

Se7

[edit on 08/10/2007 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
SE7EN

I did have fun with the show, and would love to do another one.

If any of you who have listened to it, have questions for such, please do post. With luck and good timeing we might be able to do another, and follow up on those questions.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to us, Advisor stay safe

I really enjoyed this segment, and i hope that we will here more from you in the future,

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This was a great podcast, all around guys!

Advisor, stay safe and know we're here for you! Can't wait for the sequel podcast!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Fantastic show.

I do have a question: has there been a time while deployed that you truly feared for your life, as in I'm not sure that I am getting out of this one? What did it involve?
I listened to the stories of mortar's and suicide bombers but I didn't hear you mention that you were fearful of your own safety. If you did, I aplogize. It was late while I was listening.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

My own safety was the last thing I was ever thinking about. For me the priority was the man to my left and right, or even front and rear. Safety is a big issue and it is always stressed, but when it comes time to do our jobs, it's all reactionary.

Thinking just seems to go out the window, and stuff just happens the way we trained for it. Not to say no one has never locked up and froze, but personally, it hasn't bothered me being in some "high intensity" situations.

Maybe I'm more well suited than others, but so far no, I havn't been fearful for my own safety. In fact, the buddy I mentioned, when that happened I wasn't out there with them. That bothered me more than anything else, because I wasn't there, I could do nothing, and it sucked just listening to every thing over the net/radio. That is the worst feeling.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ADVISOR thank you for a great interview (I'm still listening to it).

How do you feel about those in your own country - and mine - who disagree with the Iraq War and who think you guys shouldn't be there ? Does the relative lack of support for the war give you any concerns ?

Be safe.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

My own safety was the last thing I was ever thinking about. For me the priority was the man to my left and right, or even front and rear.

I salute you Sir.
What a great post.
You SIR, are a hero.
THANK YOU!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Your thoughts sound very much like my younger brother's. He always says that isn't so much about him but his buddies around him and that the training just kicks in when the SHTF

Take care and come home safe.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I listened to the show and I thought I would ask you this since no one else has asked yet.
How and why did you choose to become a Mod for the Research forum.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
ADVISOR thank you for a great interview (I'm still listening to it).

Your welcome, and thank you for listening.

How do you feel about those in your own country - and mine - who disagree with the Iraq War and who think you guys shouldn't be there ?

I feel they have a right to be that way, if they want to. Just like I have the right to ignore them.

Does the relative lack of support for the war give you any concerns ?

Not at all, there is more support than the media leads on. For example many folks back home contribute to a care package program. Also those of us here know we have the support of our family and friends, which is more than enough.

Lombozo

I wouldn't say that, just doing my job. The real heros, are those who have gone on to Fiddlers Green. They are missed and derserve to be remembered. Why, because all gave some, some gave all.

Originally posted by tormentor
How and why did you choose to become a Mod for the Research forum.

Well, the previous forum mod for research had taken leave of the site. The now owners asked who would like to take over and fill in. After a bit of time passing by and no takers, I stepped up and said I could do it if they wanted.

Besides, I love research and finding out new things. Learning some thing new every day is a goal for me, it is some thing I really enjoy.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great interview. It helps to put these things in perspective. There must be times when you just want to pull your hair out, kinda like when you're talking to the Rabbit.

Be safe man.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Lombozo

I wouldn't say that, just doing my job. The real heros, are those who have gone on to Fiddlers Green. They are missed and derserve to be remembered. Why, because all gave some, some gave all.

But I DID say that. And more importantly, I meant it.
I can only argue with half of your post. Those that fell are heroes.
So are you. You had the stones to join and serve, during a time when there was no doubt you would be on the front line.
Dude. It's an honor to be an ATS brother of yours.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Sure, we are entitled to our own opinions.

Looks like nottoo many people have questions, I'll check in on this thread occasionally to see if it gts further replies. Again thanks to every one who listened, and if your too shy to post a reply here with a question, feel free to u2u and when another interview is arrainged, I'll be sure to addess it anon.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

advisor...
love the show. about time you let us know what youve been up to.
lived in escanaba hey, doesnt it get kinda cold up in the northern mich.
glad to know you and your guys are doing well.
you said your closer to the men in your squad. than your family.
does that mean your not close to your family.any more..
do they know .you did this show. bet theyed be relly proud of you .sounds like you got alot going on .
got your head together,, oh by the way. keep doing and making the great progress you do. more people in the world. should be aware of the good all of you do.. hopefully abc will pick this up.. and you could do alive news cast with charles gibson.
that would be nice.
and very informended,,
will be looking for your relpy.
may the moon&stars guide us all to peace.
invisible mom.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

speaking of doing more shows from iraq.
that would be a great thing.then the world can relly know whats relly going on/ iam very new to ats. so please pardon me if i do something different, ok.
i read alot. or slucking. so much to read and to learn,
your lucky to have such a great gift as to know what your doing and be able to show such progress thats going on in iraq.
read that there are women in the police force. if so how is this working out.
are they reaching there goal. how do you like working with them.
what do you think of the michael yon web site. seems hes in the thick of things over seas.
just wonder what you think of it all.
hes done some good work and has some great photo.
well dont want to keep you to long.
god bless keep safe.
invisible mom.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, it can get cold in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, quite a bit.
Closer is just a descriptive term, if you can imagine how close tight knit families are, then being closer than that, is pretty dang close. As for woman in the Iraq Police, havn't seen any, not very common.

Who is Michael Yon?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

this is michael yon...
michael yon magazine @hotmail.com
hes a indepent.jouralsit.. with his own money to do what hesdoing. hes been in iraq alot. with different plattoons. ha a great list of photos you all mite like.
so check it out for your selfs.
i rely enjoy reading his stories and seeing the photos hes taken..
so check it out...
invisible mom.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thanks for getting back to me on that, I'll check it out and see what he is all about. Don't get much time to keep tabs on everything I would like to, so tids bits from the ATS members is always a help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join