It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments now pushing future pilots to disbelieve UFOs ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Today I was talking to my friend for about an hour who is a 2 - 4th year trainee pilot. Then I brought up Unidentified Flying Objects, he said "They can't be real, they simply can't be".

He went onto explain to me that every minute thousands of planes take off and land. Therefore every minute theres thousands of objects in the air that may be mistaken for UFOs.

I asked him if he has ever seen something a bit out of the ordinary while flying, he paused for about 10 seconds and then said "Yeah once, about six years ago when I was living in Chile" he didn't go into explain it in detail and just said it was a weather balloon. Then I asked if he had seen any of the many videos on the internet. He said "Yeah but they are fake, I was shown a video on how to fake one" so I asked how and he said "Dangle an object in front of the camera". I had to laugh when I said "Well I know this website with quite a lot of photo/video analysts who prove some to be faked but can't prove others and I could quite easily look at the footage and say it was fake and I'm not too good with that sort of stuff" and all he could do was say "mmm well.." sort of like he was going to say something but decided to stop.

I asked him if he believed in aliens and he said no. I asked him if at all in the time he was learning to become a pilot if the instructors had ever mentioned anything about UFOs and he said quite quickly...'No!'. So quickly it got me thinking so I said "well who showed you the video ?" He went quite and said "they did but thats all they said about UFOs" he then admitted to me that one kid had asked about them and they gave them a physics lesson for 3/4 of an hour on how UFOs are impossible no matter the number of "What ifs" you throw in.

I could be making a mountain out of a half interesting convosation but they don't call this the skunk works for nothing

BTW He had a lot of say about 'A planet outside the orbit of pluto' but thats another story

[edit on 6-11-2007 by eRauzed]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thats a nice story. The pilot seems to have been told what to think, which I guess is something that happens during all "education" in these matters.

Civilian pilots get ridiculed and fired if they report and persist in arguing it was a UFO, so they dont. They will rather keep their career, naturally. Many airline pilots have seen them all over the world. They have also been picked up on radar and other instruments.

Here is a clip of what the mexican military released to the public:

They did not see these objects in the sky with their eyes, but they showed up on the FLIR equipment on their military jets. Every jet in their formation saw these objects.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hmm lol I just asked if they have ever told him about UFOs and such he goes they have never ever seen one. Maybe I should show him ATS

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
They did not see these objects in the sky with their eyes, but they showed up on the FLIR equipment on their military jets. Every jet in their formation saw these objects.
[edit on 6-11-2007 by Copernicus]

I saw the explaination for this. The explaination was it was simply an oil refinery.

If you're in a plane, the camera is IR and pointing downwards towards the ocean, the plumes of fire from the smokestacks will appear to be "moving in formation".

It was rather a rather compelling argument when you see it reproduced against other known derricks with hot machinery and flames.

*shrug*

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I suppose the obvious question that needs to be asked is: why do the instructors care about UFOs or not? If they are, in fact, not real, why bother teaching ANYTHING about them? I mean, I was never taught anything about the tooth fairy in grade school.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
leave them wanting more is the old expression
leave them fearing more is the new.

a negative impression is
better than no impression.

new topics

top topics

join