It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paycheck the Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I watched Paycheck a few weeks ago, maybe during winter break, can't remember. If you've seen the movie you should no what I'm talking about. I don't want to spoil it for the others that haven't seen it yet so I'll try to keep it as vague as possible.

Near the end of the movie, two scientists were talking to eachother, one of the scientists was commenting on the powerful microscope that was invented by Affleck was it?? From this microscope lense, it was so powerful that he could see his future, now the scientitst said to the other one that kids shouldn't be peeking into their future because then they would not have hope for their future. This got me thinking, would you want to see your future, even though you wouldn't have any hope left? You would then know everything that is going to occur and life would then become boring.
I personally wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
well if u know whats gonna happen in the future, couldn't u change it at the present to make it a little more interesting?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

From this microscope lense, it was so powerful that he could see his future

Apparently the scriptwriter and the director have never taken any physics or had a good physics teacher.

I believe that time is an concept and doesn't actually exist.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

well if u know whats gonna happen in the future, couldn't u change it at the present to make it a little more interesting?

no because the future that you foresee takes into account all changes you have made in the past to make it that way. There is nothing you can do about it, it's your future that you have seen and whatever you do to change your future after seeing what it looks like has already led to the future you see.

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by insite]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

From this microscope lense, it was so powerful that he could see his future

Apparently the scriptwriter and the director have never taken any physics or had a good physics teacher.

Or they decided that the velocity of a brick dropped from an airplane travelling at 100m/s doesn't make for good storytelling

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Or they decided that the velocity of a brick dropped from an airplane travelling at 100m/s doesn't make for good storytelling

Would you offend you if I say that I have no clue what you are talking about?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If everything in space is moving toward a certain direction,then how could you possibly see into the future?I can understand looking into the past because we have passed that point already.Maybe I just don't grasp this time thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

no because the future that you foresee takes into account all changes you have made in the past to make it that way. There is nothing you can do about it, it's your future that you have seen and whatever you do to change your future after seeing what it looks like has already led to the future you see.

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by insite]

but then couldn't you see which changes u'll make and NOT make those changes?

top topics

join