It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on Adam Eve and how things came to be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've always wondered if Adam and Eve were the first humans and they gave birth to Caine and Abel...Where did Caine and Abel's wives come from then? Did they just appear? As far as I know the bible doesn't explain this.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Definitely Adam and Eve had more than three children during their lifes , and I guess there must be a girl among them.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by nanoha]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Naturally attain immortality? I don't think that is possible. And for the reasons I mentioned earlier (overpopulation, wars, etc), I don't think it is wise.

Who's to say it's impossible? Besides, advances in understanding and knowledge should parallel social advances. Wars and overpopulation will be eliminated or they will elminate us. Either way the system should balance out.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
If we all came from Adam and Eve in the Middle East, and were not able to cross the oceans until 1400 A.D

Look at a world map, I believe that a long time ago it was one land mass. Looks like a jigsaw puzzle to me, give or take some erosion. Just a thought to ponder.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have to tell you the ol'story about ADAM AND EVE:

~Scientists in Siberia, have just descovered 2 ice-blocks.

The Story goes: The scientists have discovered two ice-blocks9/b] These scientists have discovered that there is nothing entaieled within these ice-blocks. YET...these same scientists..have declared..... that these '2 ice-blocks' - contain the reminants of Adam and EVe.

How do these scientists know that these 'ice-remenants' are of 'Adam and Eve'?

link   

The Story goes: The scientists have discovered two ice-blocks9/b] These scientists have discovered that there is nothing entaieled within these ice-blocks. YET...these same scientists..have declared..... that these '2 ice-blocks' - contain the reminants of Adam and EVe.

link   

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Apologies for the double post./

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I say the world would of been better off if Adam hadn't been so pigheaded and just did what Lilith asked because then I'm sure that their children wouldn't kill each other like Adam and Eve's.

"But though Adam's lips said Eve, his soul always echoed Lilith."

A Hell of a Woman
by Jonelle Maison

You gotta give it to Lilith,
she was a hell of a woman.
Said she'd rather # demons on the beach
than lie under the belly of that whiner Adam
& flew from paradise.

Told God's angels to shove it when they came to get her
said
Listen to me now, while you still can.
The original sin was rape and God has chosen Adam.
From here we begin.

This wound unhealed between man and woman
draws out the world.

I am the first woman.
And the last.
My children may be sterile as raisins,
die each evening with the sun,
but I continue.

You will see me soon,
looking with the eyes of
sweet-faced Eve when Adam breaks another covenant
as easily as teeth break the fruit's skin.

I am always here.

Justice owed and justice withheld.
I see my place in history:
the forgotten metaphor
living with the beasts in the desert.

You'll try to erase the sound of my name,
call me Witch,
Queen of Ghosts,
Mother of Terror.
Then you come here, wanting assurance
that I will not harm Adam's seed,
will not steal from another woman's cradle.

Go ahead.
Write your names over doorways
if you think it will keep them safe.
Sanvi. Sansanvi, Semangelaf.
The syllables curl and fade,
grow old as children.
And what do you ask of me after
the eight days have set?

I am the Night Hag.
Patient as memory,
I wait at the crossroads,
visit your men in the dark.
They have reason to fear.
I bring them a sleep restful as my own.

Go back now.
I'm through talking.
Tell God for me,
this fight goes on as long as it must.

Let him make Eve,
thinking to undo this treachery.
Let him make laws declaring the mud's mistake.
In every generation there is a woman
who belongs to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Remember my first question:

How do we know that the ice-remenants are 'ADAM AND EVE'?

Theoretical question.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Who's to say it's impossible? Besides, advances in understanding and knowledge should parallel social advances. Wars and overpopulation will be eliminated or they will elminate us. Either way the system should balance out.

The system should balance out. That is why it is not possible. We are living tissue matter. Our cells have to die. We have to die.

And TheDuckster, I'm not quite understanding your insistence on the question, or its relevance here. Nobody here claims they are the 'ice-remenants' of Adam and Eve. Nobody here said that. To find out why, you'd have to question the people who claimed it was.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
jensouth31-

Look at a world map, I believe that a long time ago it was one land mass.
Looks like a jigsaw puzzle to me, give or take some erosion. Just a thought to ponder.

Yes a good thought but I was questioning how this came to be assuming the world began 6,000 years ago like the Bible says. Although, even if we don't take the Bible literally then let's say Adam and Eve came to be around 3-4 million years ago, which is when many evolutionists feel the first offshoot of humanity came from apes. A few million years still isn't enough time for continents to move around.. I think that happens on the order of hundreds of millions of years. So whatever happened in Africa must have spread throughout the world via those landbridges which were caused by the ice age 10,000 years ago?? So I guess the evolutionists are just as weak as the creationists except on some genetic diversity argument?
>>>

TheDuckster-

Remember my first question:

How do we know that the ice-remenants are 'ADAM AND EVE'?

What else could ice-remenants possibly be? It's obviously Adam and Eve.. those scientists were very uh scientific in their conclusions.

babloyi-

The system should balance out. That is why it is not possible. We are living tissue matter. Our cells have to die. We have to die.

Well why do cells have to die? Why can't they regenerate themselves? I'm guessing that if it were an evolutionary advantage for cells to regenerate vs. us making babies then it would be so. However as our intelligence evolves maybe we'll have more control over our environment including the cells in our body.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hey again, Scramjet. Our cells DO regenerate themselves. But there has to be a limit. I'm not really sure what to say to your assertion. Everything HAS to end, there is no way out of it. Grasping at immortality is just pointless desperation. Like I said, everything is in balance- everything is conserved. To take an example from energy: there is only a fixed amount of energy in the universe. When transferring energy from one system to another, you can NEVER had 100% efficiency, so something is always lost. Keep transferring energy from one system to another, and then at one point, you'll run out of energy.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Hey Babloyi,

you can NEVER had 100% efficiency, so something is always lost. Keep transferring energy from one system to another, and then at one point, you'll run out of energy.

Very true. You would have to find a way to break the laws of thermodynamics. People have been trying to break those laws for a long time without the slightest success. But even if success never comes, effiency could produce something that, relatively speaking, seems immortal to the mind of a mortal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join