It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come there are a lot of murders in cities of LA, Detroit, New Orleans, Washington, etc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's like as if the murdering has somewhat became legal.

Or is it normal, just for population control? Has the government done anything in this case, or at least commented on this issue?

What do you think about the issue?

But one thing I know though, is that if the population gets out of control, the difficult situations can arise.

Any comments appreciated.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I work within the Detroit area. And yes there is a pretty high crime rate. You see many police in the Downtown area but in the outlying city area's not hardly at all.
Lots of jobs sent overseas and little too no Fed govt help for individuals and cities/communities alike is the biggest reason and why Drugs and Gangs and the like illegal but money making operations thrive. And with those activities we get the horrid crime rates.
I thought the Govt. was supposed too Serve the People and their problems first.
But a war overseas and corporate welfare is all our US GOV seems too be about. Hell so many folks cant afford their houses and or cars,apts,etc... anymore its No wonder there is so much crime.
And instead of rehabbing offenders of certain and non violent crimes we put them in prisons instead.
Brillant.
IMO Its time we vote for folks who are gonna build up "for all the people" programs again rather than the GOP cut it all for War Chests and "let the poor fend for themselves" attitude.
Im sure many will disagree with me but oh well.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ah yes, I almost forgot to mention - I heard the Michigan government was shut down, and then...

I think it was shut down because of the murder rate being out of control, that's probably why.

No offense, but are the people not enough educated in Detroit? Why is all the murdering for?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Detroit is just one big cess pool really, I hate going there. Once I had to switch greyhound buses there and was offered to buy drugs by no less than 5 people at the bus terminal. Plus, it's pretty well known that most inner city schools have the countrys worst teachers. It's just a never ending cycle. Why go to school when you can make 5000$+ a week selling drugs. Most people are lucky to make 300$ a week in Michigan(poor economy).

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Influx of hand guns, drugs, non existent local economy, welfare state, are all factors in the violent culture that creates itself due to the pressures of everyday life. No conspiracy at all, just the nature of the beast. However, I do believe the police have taken a backseat because the local authority is literally exhausted from the day to day occurences in such areas. It's easier for them to retain the violence than to combat it. We live in quite the intricate and depressing world.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Know what makes me laugh? (There is nothing funny about murder)

Everyone screams and yells get out of Iraq or Bring home the troops....because our boys are getting killed over there.

More people are murdered in each of the named cities daily, than soldiers are killed in Iraq daily.

How hypocritical it is that we all want to stop the killing of our citizens defending our lives, but do nothing about our citizens getting killed in our own back yards, by other citizens.

Now, unless you want to bring home those troops to protect us from each other on the streets of those cities, then I would stop worrying about the heros defending us around the world.

We all know if they brought those troops home to do just that, defend us, that would create a police state, quasi martial law. Now, wouldn't that put all the conspiracy people up in arms????

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There is no PC way to answer this question. There is an answer, it is just not very popular. Specifically there has been an exodus of people over the last 15 to 20 years for political and social reasons. It doesn't take much research to find the answer, you just may not like the answer.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There are a lot fewer murders than there used to be. Violent crime of all kinds has been steadily decreasing for some time now. The reason is apparently due to the slow demographic shift toward middle age in the population.

Violent crime is frequently committed by young males and centers around attempts to gain money and power in environments with limited resources. There's also a personal component having to do with testosterone and mating opportunities. They're young, and often don't have a lot to lose by doing something dramatic and violent.

Naturally, as we get older, we tend to build and maintain broader social structures that are important to us. Even thugs generally want a safe home and kids. So they eventually have more to lose, and take less risks. Murder will never completely go away, but at the moment, less risky opportunities in society are more attractive than violent action.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Detroit is a victum of itself and until the polices change and people learn respect nothings going to change. The want what they have the people have worked hard to destroy the city and make it homey.

mikell

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Can't speak for the other cities but Detroit just has seen the collaspe of neighborhoods. Sure Downtown has been developed but at the expense of the outlying parts of Detroit. There is not much in the way of Businesses, Schools ect. Even the houses are going.

Take a look at my neighborhood where I grew up. Here it is in Google maps: Zoom in and look at all the green spaces bewtween the houses, those used to be full of houses. Just down the road there used to be 5 fast food places, now there is one. That image isn't even recent, there are more houses torn down. Look at it with the hyrbrid view.

maps.google.com...,+H amtramck,+MI+48212,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

I went down there for a funeral last year, I swear my old neighborhood looked like a warzone. So many houses just gone. Very weird.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
murders in what parts of those cities lol

come on now think of the gangs in any major city, think of the crime, think of the drugs AND how easy it is to get a gun illegally and more importantly legally

i dunno why you think it's a conspiracy that major cities with gangs,drugs, and guns have lots of murders

if you had a statistics with a trend then maybe something is going on, but as for just murders its what goes on in those cities how how most of the people in that city value human life (their own and others)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I used to live in Detroit, now I live in Warren right outside of Detroit. Its sad to see Detroit go down the way it is. Basically if you get killed in Detroit the cops dont really go to lengths to investigate. They will assume you did something to deserve it and just close the case. If someone gets murdered and there on drugs, they basically feel since you did drugs your not worth investigateing.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
...How hypocritical it is that we all want to stop the killing of our citizens defending our lives, ...

That's weird. I don't remember Iraq ever threatening to invade the USA. I don't recall Iran doing it now. For that matter, I don't remember North Vietnam threatening it, nor North Korea. Japan and Germany? Ah, now we have a different story.

What's hypocritical is us screwing around in other countries political processes, and saying "Hey! You can't do that to us!".

Tell me, Mr traderonwallst, The Iranian Republic was a first world country and PRO-USA until about 1953. Did we do anything that year to cause them to hate us?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

top topics

join