It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Is Coming!!!!! Who Else Is Getting Excited? -- Trees, Lights and Mini Candy Canes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't really have a whole lot to be happy about this year, but dammit, I'm still getting excited as hell for Christmas.

Maybe it's all the lights and music or maybe it all just reminds me of my childhood (which was GREAT), but even in the midst of a bunch of B.S. I am still excited as hell.

In a few short weeks, people will actually start to sway a bit from that typical cynical attitude and actually get smiles on their faces again, if only for a short while. And there is NOTHING better than a kid anticipating Santa.

So who's with me? Is anyone else getting excited yet?

Just because you don't believe in Santa anymore, it don't mean he doesn't believe in you!

Jasn

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ah yes the smell of pine, fresh cookies, and relentless cold were ever you go. I am getting a little exited for the season, but it is still so long away! But I will take up "arms" and be exited with you Jasn.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I am SO looking forward to it. The season, being with family etc. The MOST important part of it for me is that it is my daughters first Christmas and this time last year she was but a promise to us.

Oh i know that she will probably love the wrappings more but that's fine hehehe

I can't wait!!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Athiest or not, I'm always happy during the holiday season. It gives all the idiots a reason to be nice and respectful to people for a whole 2 months. Not to mention the disfunctional and hilarious family to get together and get sauced, which is always fun for me to watch. Always good #.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The only thing that would make it better would be some snow and two weeks off form work like the schoolkids get. I like the season rather than the actual day. After the day arives its over man. All the radio stations imediately stop playing christmas music right after lunch it seems like.
No more... Its the most wonderful time of the year... Its over, but I do love the season and kids add a lot of excitement as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The holiday season starts with halloween for me. After that I begin preparing to cook a feast for my family for Thanksgiving.

The highlight of the season is Christmas which is my favorite time of year. This Christmas day our family is going to cook Christmas dinner for those that have no where to go or can't afford to cook. We plan to use the parking lot of my son's business to set up tables and fry turkeys. We'll cook all the goodies that go with a good turkey dinner at our homes so we'll be cooking for a a couple of days to get it all done.

Daughter and I did that at her restaurant last year.

It is good to give back what God has freely given to us.

My SO and I will then head for the mountains and spend New Years in front of a sizzling fire watching the snow fall. Hopefully we won't have to drive too far to find snow.

Oh yes I am excieted about Christmas. Hope everyone has a good one.

Dizzie

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

another month of abuse from customers
who have decided to leave their shopping to the last minute and cant get what they want as its sold out,

Christma is great

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
yes, jolly-old-Saint~Nicholas~is~coming.......................................
youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. I like shopping for bargains and finding that perfect gift either to make or already made for those you love. This year I know what I'm making for my daugher. She fell in love with a black fitted jacket I made for me and since I have enough fabric to make her one and I found the perfect pair of black heels she likes to go with seems perfect to me.

I'm going to start checking cooky receipes and of course make fudge to give to friends. I'm already working on my brother's care package that must get in the mail this week to get to Iraq on time. I hope he like the homemade stocking. The best gift of course, would be him coming home along with all the troops.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Too early. Much too early.

when I was a kid, we didn't have to deal with Xmas until after Halloween and Thanksgiving. It's not Thanksgiving yet.

Do I like Xmas? Not really. All that enforced consumerism, enforced good will to all humanoids, having to explain to my kid -- again -- that Santa is just make believe.

I like getting presents for my kids, but I don't get much out of the holiday but a bigger credit card bill. And more toys I don't have room for.

Because of the visitation order my ex has, I can't even take the kids down to my family's for the holiday, which would make it a lot nicer. He'd never allow it.

I've never been a big fan of this particular holiday, but the mood I'm in, I think this one is going to be the worst one yet.

Whoopee. xmas.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
in short, christmas blows and i can't wait till it's over.
i started seeing christmas decor this year before halloween was even here. you go to the mall and it is already christmas central.

my wife and i don't buy gifts for each other. we usually do something for both of us or this year, we are saving the money till the thaw so we can get our privacy fence.....

i don't even enjoy getting gifts for my son anymore. he is 11 and lives with his mom. i don't get to see him enjoy his things or whatever...he usually comes over for an hour or so or we go there and give him his stuff. then we leave and the stuff just sits there.

i feel like this is just a reason for my wife and i to have to come out of our pocket and honestly, i get angry round this time.

i'm gonna toss the boy a fat stack again like i did for his birthday..i REFUSE to buy for anyone else...nothing...my little brother just turned 14 and i told him last year that he fell off the list...

i hate all the commercials...'want your wife to REALLY love you?' buy her this diamond or uy her this bmw, then you see the car with the bow..

gimie a friggin break.

know what christmas means to me..
physical pain---cold makes it worse
freezing balls for 3 months----gotta love that right
trying to hold my wife back from buying somethin for every damn one
not seeing my son very much
having to go have some lame christmas dinner(at 1pm) with my inlaws..
phone calls from people i don't care about...
and on and on and on...

i hate it

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I can't even take the kids down to my family's for the holiday, which would make it a lot nicer. He'd never allow it.

I've never been a big fan of this particular holiday, but the mood I'm in, I think this one is going to be the worst one yet.

Whoopee. xmas.

hey major, we'll be miserable together k?

i know a couple years back when my dad was still alive, she would not let me take him 6 hours into indiana to see him...

it's nothing for me to call him on a saturday and ask him where he is at"oh, mom and dave and me are in kentucky"
or something like that...

oh, guess my son is out of state....nice to know...

this really is a miserable holliday....if everyone had the happy television 50's beaver cleaver family it might be better but this is the real world.

it's all about spending money....give give give and get get get.

i just want to be left alone

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh yes, we definitely are excited in my house. My wife is probably the biggest Christmas fan I've ever known. We started a few years back putting up our tree and indoor decorations right after Halloween. As I sit here typing this, my wife and daughter are at home putting the finishing touches on our decorations. The way we figure it, why take all the time to put up such beautiful stuff if you're only going to have it up for a month? So we put our stuff up the first of November and leave it up until after new years.

I love Christmas!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im a fool for Christmas.
I like the lights,snow,presents,atmosphere,everything.
Looking around my city,its beginning to look alot like Christmas,no pun intended,
Stores all decked out already,some houses beginning to put their decorations up,snow beginning to fall.
A great time,im excited.

Heres a few things to help get into the spirit of things......

Budweiser,Christmas sleigh ride

Folgers Christmas Commercial

Christmas Lights

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I love Christmas. Cannot wait to go out driving and see the homes decorated. It is a beautiful time of the year. Getting to see family members that I haven't seen in year. I'm excited.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Meh, too commercial for my liking, plus work is getting way too busy and stressful.

On the other hand, it gives me a reason to get obliterated and I get to spend time with my family.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ok Simi..you say I never contribute to your threads...
This year I renounce Christmas.Bah Humbug.I need nothing from the mall.No chocolates, bubble bath, or mixed nuts thanx.
I do not need to buy gifts for my family to show my love for them. That is BS.
Iam saving up for a cross the US road trip next year.I need to save all the money I can, not stock my house with holiday bobbles, and dust collecting trinkets.
Don't even get me started on the paper wasted on wrapping and cards...
GRRRRRR!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Like all holidays, I like it because of the buffets. Food! Yumm!

Candy canes are sexy.

Speaking of holidays, today is the Indian (the real one, not Native Americans) holiday of Diwali/Deepavali -- the festival of lights. Buffets tomorrow!! Wooohoo!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I Love that holiday for more than one reason ... won't state 'em 'cause I don't want my bro Simi to start a thread on it ...hahahahaha....

top topics

join