It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs ARK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
has anyone heard about this article
www.wnd.com...

The us government sent researchers to investigate an object on top of a mountain that could be noahs ark. What I want to know is why the govt is so interested in finding this thing, is their something hidden in it>?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
to hold the remains of Adam, though I can't see how a several thousand year old dead guy is going to do the government any good.

I would guess the govern would like to find something of significance... just like the Indiana Jones movies, ancient religious items were reputed to have some sort of mystical properties.

It is odd, though, now that I think about it... people only here how the Turkish government is keeping people away, or how the US has had aerial photographs of the Ark kept under lock-and-key for decades... but never anything about a Vatican sponsored expedition. Why wouldn't the ones who would benefit the most from its discovery keep quiet?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Umm adam had been dead for 357 years at the time of the flood,(he was born 1287 years prior and lived to the age of 930) with primitive burial methods I'm guessing
not even his bones would have survived 350 years.

but if they actually found the ark it would PROVE that at least part of the story is true and factual...then I expect they would pay closer attention to the book of revelations...IMHO

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Anything placed on top fo the mountain that many years ago would have been dragged to the bottom by now, due to glacial movements. Fragmented along the way, also.

Not to mention a wooden boat of that size would never have been seaworthy.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Since he had two of every animal on the boat maybe they are looking for unicorn bones. The horn is suspossed to be better than spanish fly.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Since he had two of every animal on the boat maybe they are looking for unicorn bones. The horn is suspossed to be better than spanish fly.

It's part of their plan to cross-breed Arnold Schwarzenegger with Janet Reno to make the ultimate fighting machine.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It's part of their plan to cross-breed Arnold Schwarzenegger with Janet Reno to make the ultimate fighting machine.

Janet Reno? I can see where little arnold would need some help.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
those damn yanks have got to be FIRST at everything...that's the only reason they want it.

chris

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't ya love rumors. Where did you hear that one?
Its certianly a doozy

BTW the article is old, from 2002...

Originally posted by soothsayer
to hold the remains of Adam, though I can't see how a several thousand year old dead guy is going to do the government any good.

I would guess the govern would like to find something of significance... just like the Indiana Jones movies, ancient religious items were reputed to have some sort of mystical properties.

It is odd, though, now that I think about it... people only here how the Turkish government is keeping people away, or how the US has had aerial photographs of the Ark kept under lock-and-key for decades... but never anything about a Vatican sponsored expedition. Why wouldn't the ones who would benefit the most from its discovery keep quiet?

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Chris...we dont HAVE to be first at everything...we just are.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There is more to the story of Noah in the book of Enoch. It is much more revealing than what is shown in the bible.

65.1 And in those days, Noah saw the Earth had tilted and that its destruction was near.
65.2 And he set off from there and went to the ends of the Earth and cried out to his great-grandfather Enoch; and Noah said three times in a bitter voice: "Hear me, hear me, hear me!"
65.3 And he said to him: "Tell me, what is it that is being done on the Earth, that the Earth is so afflicted and shaken, lest I be destroyed with it!"
65.4 And immediately there was a great disturbance on the Earth and a voice was heard from Heaven and I fell upon my face.
65.5 And my great-grandfather Enoch came, stood by me, and said to me: "Why did you cry out to me, with such bitter crying and weeping?
65.6 And a command has gone out from the Lord against those who dwell upon the dry ground that this must be their end. For they have learnt all the secrets of the Angels, and all the wrongdoings of the satans, and all their secret power, and all the power of those who practice magic arts, and the power of enchantments, and the power of those who cast molten images for all the Earth.
65.7 And further, how silver is produced from the dust of the earth and how soft metal occurs on the earth.
65.8 For lead and tin are not produced from the earth, like the former; there is a spring which produces them, and an Angel who stands in it, and that Angel distributes them."
65.9 And after this, my great-grandfather Enoch took hold of me with his hand, and raised me, and said to me: "Go, for I have asked the Lord of Spirits about this disturbance on the earth."
65.10 And he said to me: "Because of their iniquity, their judgment has been completed, and they will no longer be counted before me; because of the sorceries they have searched out and learnt, the Earth and those who dwell upon it will be destroyed.
65.11 And for these, there will be no place of refuge, for ever, for they showed to them what is secret, and they have been condemned; but not so for you, my son; the Lord of Spirits knows that you are pure and innocent of this reproach concerning the secrets.
65.12 And he has established your name among the Holy, and will keep you from amongst those who dwell upon the dry ground; and he has destined your offspring in righteousness, to be kings, and for great honours. And from your offspring will flow out a spring of the Righteous and Holy, without number forever."
66.1 And after this, he showed me the Angels of Punishment, who were ready to come and release all the forces of the water, which is under the earth, in order to bring judgment and destruction on all those who reside and dwell upon the dry ground.
66.2 And the Lord of Spirits commanded the Angels who were coming out, not to raise their hands, but to keep watch; for those Angels were in charge of the forces of the waters.
66.3 And I came out from before Enoch.
67.1 And in those days, the word of the Lord came to me, and he said to me: "Noah, behold; your lot has come up before me, a lot without reproach, a lot of love and uprightness.
67.2 And now the Angels are making a wooden structure, and when the Angels come out from that task, I will put my hand on it, and keep it safe. And a change shall take place so that the dry ground may not remain empty.

Continued at:
THE BOOK OF NOAH

Notice that in this version of the story it is the angles that are building the Ark.

If you have not read Enoch you really should. Whether or not you are a believer it is very eye opening when you consider how old it is. The things described could only be advanced technologies, or God. It is hard to not think it is aliens are an advanced civilization.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have the Book of Enoch, but was using it as a reference to the Watchers... I'll actually have to sit down and read it now.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

the answer to your question is both simple and painfully obvious. it would prove them wrong, and shatter the faith of many of their followers

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Theres 2 enochs in the bible, so who do you attribute the book of enoch to and why?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Chris...we dont HAVE to be first at everything...we just are.

NOT....The southern hemisphere (That's me,chook,alien, kano in fact all aussie/kiwi posters)is the FIRST to see the next day.

GOT YOU BY THE SHORT AND CURLIES THERE BOY!

Chris

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.exchangedlife.com...

anchorstone.com...

Here you can see many images of the speculated location of ark in Turkey, along with images of supposed anchor stones. Aluminum, and titanium steel alloy rivets in petrified wood are found in an order consistant with a buried structure that resembles a large ship.

BTW: Stories of an ancient flood are in many cultures around the world.
NINE FLOOD STORIES

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gollwog
Theres 2 enochs in the bible, so who do you attribute the book of enoch to and why?

Not the firstborn son of Cain.

The son of Jared, father of Methuselah, and Grandfather of Noah.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Waste of time and resources.
Any rational logical mind could stipulate the fact that its just a simple story.
This money could easily be directed towards other more needed fields of study and research.

Deep

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If an old boat is found on top of a mountain why does it have to be Noahs ark? History is full of stories about ships and arks and floods. Fortunately for us all the records were not destroyed as planned.
Most people know that alot of the bible is just compilation of previous recorded events with a twist.
Maybe the ship on the mountain is the original ship that the priests who wrote the bible stole their story from.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Oz..I capitulate...you see the sun first...but we invented electric lighting so we could be the best 24/7...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join