It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just about done with ats, just to far out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i have been a member since 2005, i thoroughly enjoyed spenting some time here every night, reading threads, responding, pondering

but in the last year that has changed for me. i dont think i can deal with another smoking gun, or undeniable proof thread. not another repitilian, shapeshifting or grey thread. the wackos have taken over.

dont get me wrong, i love a good conspiracy theory, but the well thought out threads are few and getting fewer. what ats is lacking is substance. instead, its seems to have been reduced to a name calling, sensationalist, over the top blog. anyone else with me?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Too far out where, exactly?

Please be more specific.

Also i feel that the more experienced posters here more than compensate for the 'wackos' you allude to.

Who exactly do you mean anyway?

EDIT: It may be the case that i'm relatively new to the board, but i do feel you're being rather negative.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I completely and whole heartedly agree.

I am here in 2004 when I was 13. After being paranoid after reading some things on ATS, I left to browse aviation, computer game and computer hardware forums. Came back. 15. Managed to get an applause every 25 posts.

Then, I saw some really 'strange' theories, and realised many people here were 'strange' (to say the least). I would definately say the post quality has dropped and is continuing to drop... That's why I don't bother anymore.

Read my posts. Last 50 of them are crap. I guess the only real reason I'm staying is a beleif that something good will actually happen.

[edit on 5/11/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That's why I've retreated to mostly one or two forums, with the occasional foray back into the places I used to stick my nose into.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Every website has it's good moments and it's not so good moments. There's still some good posts made in between the nonsense of others. Feel free to just lurk for awhile if needed.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Adiós, zoso28, maybe you should move on because it's only going to get weirder.

A new logic, a new physics, that takes into account quantum mechanics and it's relationship to the paranormal and high strangeness is on the horizon.

As Dylan said..

The old road is rapidly aging, get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand, for the times they are a changin.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i am not saying there aren't some good posts, just that i feel the number of quality post has dwindled

i think that the quality of the newer members is lower than those who have been here awhile. it seems most of the "wacko" posts are from members who have registered in the last year or two, with the exception of john lear, of course

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Agreed.
I come here, still, almost everyday.
I rarely post. I read and sadly over half the time, laugh.
Its makes for good reading but that is all. People are so angry and arguementative for no reason other than they can be that way. You try and keep a level head and they throw out some six syllable word thinking it makes them smart and you stupid. Heaven forbid I should bring up the I am a Federal employee...

I can get my labels in real life, who needs them here or anywhere else in cyberspace. The burden of proof lay on the one making the claims, yet somehow, lately, it falls on the none believer, or skeptic to explain why they refuse to believe in, insert far fetched theory here.
Then you get the, why do you come here if you refuse to believe? I refuse nothing but if it is a lie and you are full of it, why can I not say so?
I won't go away though.
I wait in the wings.
There are things that are true and worth discussing here. There are a lot of nice people here. It just seems like I have to wade through all the BS threads to find it nowadays.
Just my $2 . . .

But, in the end, I stay. I like it here.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So what your saying is that once you arrived on the scene the next 2 years it all went down hill? What quality posts have you subscribed to in those two years that aided in the deterioration as you see it? Why then did you not take the bull by the horns and start laying out some threads that could be enjoyed by people of like mind? No instead you grapple fo4r a last ditch effort to take down any and all you can on your way out the door. I find that incredibly egoist and self serving. It is always difficult to watch your small community grow and to see new people come in with opposing ideas to your comfort zones. This is what the Owners wanted, a larger group that could make change unlike any other ever experienced. When this happens no doubt there will be millions that will miss out on what you will have to teach them or share from your experience. For every % of people you cannot relate with you have the chance to find the gems that you will. I suggest that you reconsider leaving especially if you feel you have a voice of reason. There are people that posted here on your thread that I respect very much and always read when I see their names pop up occassionally on threads. I am sorry I am not familiar with you, but you see another missed opportunity. Best wishes in what ever you decide but I for one would love to hear what you might have to say one day on a subject that we both enjoy.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is what I don't get.

If you are getting tired of ATS and things are getting a bit "over the top for you" (this alone I don't understand since this IS an alternative theory site), why not just leave?

Why make some post about it asking if others are in agreement?

Can you not leave without some kind of approval from others that you are doing the right thing?

I don't get the point of this thread.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think one of the wonderful things about ATS is that you can stick to topics that interest you.

If you find certain topics to be too weird for you, there are dozens of other topics on here that are being discussed.

Clearly certain topics are not for everyone. Many people find the whole UFO topic to be "nutty". Many people don't want to ever ever ever talk about anything relating to politics. Some have no interest in talking about religion. But that's perfectly fine! There are so many topics here to talk about.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i notice that the replies that are negative toward my post are from members since 2007, while the ones who agree seem to be older members. this kinda proves my point.

my reason for posting this thread is not to critisize ats or its members and staff, but just to point out a trend i have observed and see if others agree

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Perhaps that's because the newer members don't have preconceived notions of what ATS is "supposed" to look like.

I find several topics to be annoying and ridiculous -- the reptilian craze, for instance. I don't read those. Nobody makes me look at any topic I don't like.

Antar has a point; if you don't like the caliber of articles, why not write some yourself to bring up the average?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You know, as long as this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

is the top-flagged story on ATS, I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining about post quality.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So I guess now would not be a good time to bring up the six headed reptilian in my closet.
Lighten up homes. A forum is a mish mash of a Motley Crew. You certainly don't have to 'believe' everything you read. The Mods do an outstanding job weeding out the riff raff. Including myself from time to time. I promise I'll do gooder!

top topics

join