It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for Ryan Mackey NASA Scientist: Was he paid govt dis-info?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
NASA scientist Dr. Ryan Mackey wrote a rebuttal to David Ray Griffin's Debunking 9-11 Debunking.

My questions are:

When he wrote his rebuttal to David Ray Griffin's "Debunking 9-11 Debunking" did he spend any of his work hours at NASA doing so on the expense of the American Taxpayer?

Did Mr. Mackey ever spend any time on the JERF form either surfing the site, posing questions or responding to questions during his work hours at NASA on the American tax payers dime?

Did Mr. Mackey ever spend any time responding via email or in direct responses to members of the ATS form on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... to pose questions or to answer questions during his work hours at NASA on the American tax payers dime?

If the answer is yes to any one of the above questions please explain if you did this on your own intuitive and free will or if not, were you directed to by a higher authority in the US government or NASA to do so?

If you did spend your free time writing a paper debunking David Ray Griffin's "Debunking 9-11 Debunking" or posting on the JERF form or responding via email or in direct response to the above mentioned ATS thread while not on the dole of the American tax payer then please provide your evidence that you did all this in your own free time while not at work at your government job!

[edit on 5-11-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

Jeezus pleezus! He doesn't have to prove a negative. It's up to you to show he did spend work time goofing-off.

Honestly!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Jeezus pleezus! He doesn't have to prove a negative. It's up to you to show he did spend work time goofing-off.

Honestly!

Please show me how its a negative?

All he needs to to is provide his work schedule cross referenced with his post on JERF or email replies to ATS.

The time he spent writing his paper will be harder to prove but thats the whole point of my questions.

A government employee should not be spending tax payer money writing rebuttals to 9-11 conspiracies on the dime of the tax payer. Unless they were directed to by a higher up. Which brings up a whole host of other questions.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Try doing some legwork of your own. Dig. Find your own specific 'evidence' and confront him with it. As is, you're implying he did posted on the government nickel. That's for you to prove, not him to disprove.

Geddit?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Seems Mr. Mackey spends quite a bit of time while at work posting on the JERF form debunking 9-11 debunking.

Joined April 21, 2006
Post Count 2,598
Average post a day 4.60

forums.randi.org...

He even uses some of his own post on JERF as a reference in his publicly released paper on David Ray Griffin.

911guide.googlepages.com...

forums.randi.org...

forums.randi.org...

[edit on 6-11-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Seems Mr. Mackey spends quite a bit of time while at work posting on the JERF form debunking 9-11 debunking.

Joined April 21, 2006
Post Count 2,598
Average post a day 4.60

forums.randi.org...

He even uses some of his own post on JERF as a reference in his publicly released paper on David Ray Griffin.

I'd like to see his .6 of a post. Honestly, 5 posts in a day? And from that you surmise he MUST be doing this on the government nickel? Good thing you aren't a P.I. With 'logic' like that, you'd be laughed-out of business in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Posting 4 or 5 times a day on a form and researching and writing papers debunking 9-11 conspiracies while at work on the taxpayers dime is not what he is being paid to do!

He's a NASA scientist spending his work days on chat forms debunking 9-11.

Look at the dates and times of many of his 2500 plus post are during business hours.

forums.randi.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Posting 4 or 5 times a day on a form and researching and writing papers debunking 9-11 conspiracies while at work on the taxpayers dime is not what he is being paid to do!

He's a NASA scientist spending his work days on chat forms debunking 9-11.

Look at the dates and times of many of his 2500 plus post are during business hours.

forums.randi.org...

And, of course, you know his work schedule well enough to state for a fact that he was at work at the times he posted?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What's the JERF forum? I've never heard of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Good Luck trying to correlate my post history against my work schedule. Sounds like a whole lot of work. Have fun, paranoid idiots...

forums.randi.org...

Paranoid idiots? Please grow up and show some maturity of an adult Mr. Mackey.

Since you chose to market yourself as a NASA scientist debunking 9-11 conspiracies, every American tax payer has the right to know if you are doing this on the taxpayer dime!

Whats paranoid about asking if a paid govt employee spends his or her working hours posting on chat forms on the tax payer dime trying to debunk 9-11 conspiracies?

The frequency and distribution of hours that Mr Mackey posted on JERF sure make for an interesting work schedule if he is in fact posting on his time off?

Ill grant you this Mr. Mackey. Even if you did not use govt computers to post or write your paper or do it on govt time you sure did play up your position as a NASA (Government) scientist to try and add credibility to your paper.

About the Author
Ryan Mackey is a research scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, specializing in vehicle autonomy and Integrated Systems Health Management for aircraft and spacecraft.

Although, Im not sure how researching "Integrated Systems Health Management for aircraft and spacecraft" makes you an expert on the physics of the WTC towers collapse.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What part of

"Posting on forums with Government resources is expressly forbidden by our policies. I never have. No point. I have my own computer, so why would I?"

isn't unequivocal enough for you? Unless you're saying he's lying. Are you?

Or is this just sour grapes on your part?

And BTW? Do try not to be paranoid.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I dont know if he is lying or not since he has not provided any proof of his work schedule and working hours.

The point is lest you forget, Mr. Mackey is posting on a chat form trying to debunk 9-11 conspiracies and has also wrote a paper he has made public trying to debunk David Ray Griffins paper and using his credentials as a paid government scientist for NASA to try and add credibility to his paper.

Now when you look at is 2500 plus post on jerf and the various times his post occur and his claim he can work any time he wants and his claim that he answers to no one.

I work on salary and my hours aren't fixed. I run my own tasks and answer to no one

forums.randi.org...

Mr. Mackey in on the payroll of the American tax payer yet he can state he answers to no one?

Complete and total arrogance by Mr Mackey and a total disrespect for the American tax payer who pays his salary.

Please tell what other government employee has the luxury of answering to no one from the President on down other than Mr. Mackey?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I dont know if he is lying or not since he has not provided any proof of his work schedule and working hours.

What part of the flex-hour concept is eluding your sieve-like grasp?

Now when you look at is 2500 plus post on jerf and the various times his post occur and his claim he can work any time he wants and his claim that he answers to no one.

As your initial post pointed out, that works out to a stunning 4.6 posts/day. Hardly the stuff of Internet legend. You've nearly exceeded his daily average on this one thread alone. See how easy it is?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Please tell what other government employee has the luxury of answering to no one from the President on down other than Mr. Mackey?

I work on salary and my hours aren't fixed. and answer to no one
emphasis added

Implied in Mr Mackey statement quoted above is that he does not even have to answer to the President of the United States of America.

That is either ignorance or arrogance on Mr Mackey's part, or as I suspect its combination of both.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Implied in Mr Mackey statement quoted above is that he does not even have to answer to the President of the United States of America.

Do try to keep your stick on the ice.

Here's a notion: why don't you go over to JREF and ask him yourself? I don't pretend to speak for him. However, I think your OP has been answered and now you're just digging-in for a nitpick.

Enjoy yourself

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Why are you so concerned with someones work schedule?

etshrtslr... you failed to list all of Mr. Mackey's credentials. You also failed to list Dr. Griffins credentials.

Hmmm... A rocket scientist or a Dr. of theology???? Tough pick on who I would listen to.(sarcasm)

I bet it's an easy pick for you though.... pick the guy that supports the dying truth movement.....

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

emphasis added

Chopping quotes is a no no!!! But is typical behaviour of a truther.

I work on salary and my hours aren't fixed. I run my own tasks and answer to no one, relatively speaking. Last night I was at work until about 2100, after spending two hours at home over lunch intercepting a contractor.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Please answer why Mr Mackey states.

Why is he entitled to answer to no one being on the payroll of the American tax payer?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Its not about chopping quotes its about what was said.

Mr.Mackey said he answers to no one and implied in his statement is that it does not matter what hours he works he answers to no one when ever he works.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join