It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW- Bright object next to the moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i also saw this bright object a few nights ago but when i looked there where 2 objects thinking to myself i knew that one was a planet and not sure what the other was the second object then moved and flew out of sight and that really freaked me out. so at night now i have my telescope and camera ready at the hope i will catch somthing.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Image 1 from the OP is without a doubt jupiter, it is out of focus, and looks like the pictures might have been taken from behind a double paned window. Image 2 looks like jupiter but at a different angle from Image 1.

You can see the bands and the giant storm.

api.ning.com...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by raj9721]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

wrong venus is south west of the sun in broad daylight

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
On 11 July the Moon just happened to be in tha same visual location as Jupiter. As we perceive them they 'passed' each other in their orbits. Tonight they'll be much further apart. Here's an image to show the paths. This is from my location. Your vertical will be different depending on latitude. Notice the invisible Neptune lurking 'behind' Jupiter. You'll need a big 'scope to spot that!

Moon & Jupiter

WG3

[edit on 12-7-2009 by waveguide3]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have noticed a bright object near the moon too perhaps we saw the same thing. I don't know what it is. But the objects behavior is quite strange

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Come on now, no offense, but it becomes tiresome of everything being called Venus.

A little boy exclaims, "Hey look its the sun in the sky!"
Drunk guy says, "No, its not the sun. It's just Venus."
edit on 15-11-2010 by helix1776dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just a question maybe someone knows the answer to. Every night when I leave work I look up and see the Moon and Venus which is a very bright blue light on the right hand side of the moon. For the past couple of days there has been a smaller bright light on the left side. Its brighter than the surrounding stars but not as bright as Venus. Any ideas what it could be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join