It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE REVOLUTION! highlights

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
If I pronounced the "c" I did not mean too...but I was drinking all the free "Alien Abduction " drinks.

If you don't mind me saying so, I could see that! No biggee anyway. "Sch" is as in "school" It was very cool to see you--and the others--and 'particpate' kinda if only to say, "Gee, Springer is the shortest one of those guys, isn't he?' Maybe scooter1 and I just shouted at the same time. Hmmmmm. Conspiracy, you think?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My comments here.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the link, Bill. I posted my comments there.

To other members: it's probably worth a few minutes of your time to read Bill's comments. Gives this all some useful perspective.

Mike

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Jasn's unneeded 2 pennies:

While I didn't get to watch the "event" last night (crappy net connection...grrr!), I did get a pretty good play by play from the guys/girls in chat (thanks all!) and I will admit that I'm neither excited nor disappointed by the happenings of last night. As a matter of fact, from what I was told, last night was exactly what I expected it to be.

That being what it is, let me say that I am indeed happy for SO, Springer, Simon and the other guys for the success of ATS and the 10 year anniversary. It's hard work getting a forum started and even harder to actually keep it as densely populated and active as ATS is for even a year, much less 10. The fact that you guys have been able to do so definitely says something for the quality of the site.

However, ATS is not the first site I have heard make the claim of "revolution". The "popular" 9/11 sites of yesterday (Letsroll911.org and others) all made this claim only to falter under the weight of responsibility and ego. I hope the same fate doesn't befall ATS as it is, by far, the best online community I have found to date.

What worries me is, the whole business side of things possibly conflicting with the "soul" of the community. ATS, while the best place on the web for alternative topic discussion, IS, first and foremost, a business. That being what it is, I have to wonder if the business side of things might end up hurting the purpose of the site. I have to wonder if certain subjects rubbing the sponsors the wrong way might put a damper on what content we are and are not allowed to discuss here at some point. It has been my experience that sponsors love to try to interject their own feelings as to how a business that they put money into runs things. If the day ever does come when an outside interest gets a creative death grip on ATS and it's content, that could easily spell doom for the community. The sponsors know that they can put the owners of the site in a catch-22 if they find issue with something that is done on the site just by denying their funding if things are not "made to suit". When it comes down to sticking to the "heart" of ATS and risking losing the money that helps run the site or giving in to demands to ensure that the bills get paid, I have to wonder what would happen. From a business sense, either choice could be devastating. Hopefully, an issue such as this will never arise.

Either way, I want to congratulate you guys on the decade and here's hoping for at least several more.

Praying for the revolution,
Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Stephen...I so can't believe you did that....
I'll get you back donkey boy...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I suppose i should have just said...Michael...
and I wasn't that wasted...OK perhaps a wee bit.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
However interested these major news outlets may have been, though, a simple search of Google News for Above Top Secret demonstrates how much impact your meet and greet actually had.

You do realize that the gathering ended only about 12 hours ago, right?

Fair enough, there, Spork - but I've had another look and there's still nothing today - how long should I be looking to leave it?

As for all those now saying I shouldn't care about mainstream media - I don't, in any field of life, ATS-related or otherwise. But you can't have it both ways, hyping the value of an event on the basis that there were loads of mainstream media there, and stating that ATS "rocked their world" (direct quote) - and then dismiss their value when they're apparently too shell-shocked by what they saw to contribute anything to any of their newsdesks.

But generally speaking, as I said before, I have nothing against any effort to find new ways to bring the contents of these boards to a wider public, or to increase the pressure on authority to release more info. If you read Skeptic Overlord's comments, linked earlier in this thread, you will see a very well-reasoned evaluation of the event and its consequences. All quite fair enough. Like I said before, it's over my head, but that doesn't make it not worthwhile. And even if nothing changes, "if at first you don't succeed..."

LW

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well, I wasn't really expecting any indepth profiles in the MSM to show up immediately. But, we'll see how many mentions we get now that ATS is in their radar.

I've subscribed to Google News to have them send me items that mention ATS as they happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Stream of the event presentation
Richard Belzer
Mark Allin
Simon Gray
Jim Marrs
Bill Irvine

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
thanks. i'm watching it right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
more pics coming your way.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hmmmmmm............ I bet you could have picked a worse photo to post.....

By the way the people in the previously posted photo are:

From left to right.
AccessDenied, SimonGray, lombozo, The Duckster, Skeptic Overlord

[edit on 7-11-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lombozo looks cool in the middle, but what the hell is up with my face.

Come on Stephen, you can show some of the better ones... like getting your makeup done.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Lombozo looks cool in the middle, but what the hell is up with my face.

No offense simon, but I did mention to my wife that you looked a bit, well... Wasted in that photo. Any chance that the Exotic Saltine picked that photo for a reason?

Hmmm... I smell a conspiracy!

As for the makeup shots...
He did seem to need a bit more time than either You, Mark, or Bill. He says it's because she wanted to establish a reference for handsomeness, but I'm not too sure I buy into that one...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ahem guys..I believe we all have photos that are less than glamorous from Monday Night... Hmmm???

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur?

uhhhh...jeese..burn that pic!

It's a well known fact..."I don't like my pic to be taken."

OMG...

I tried soooooooooooooo hard to stay to stay outta the limelight.

Crakeur?

You BRAT...YOU ARSE......

Crackeur?... You are a dear heart...Love YOU.

YOU, Posted the pics.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

You know what LOMBOZO?

It's probably the first pic...in a long while...'where I smiled'. I was having a great time...and I want everyone on ATS, to see ME, enjoying the night.

I know that I'm some-what of a 'quiet sor't on the ATS/BTS forums...lololol....this is AD's thread. I'm very proud of her.

'This is HER LIMELIGHT!...I stand back....She worked EXTREMELY hard with the contest. I'm just the side-kick... on the side-lines.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok so the start of the "Revolution' has been and gone so what happens now.... One would think after all the hype surrounding this event that something would be going on or started this week or in the very near future...??? If so what is it... Very interested to actualy see where ATS is heading without all the corporate jargon and sybolism in the way...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
maybe we should actually start a revolution at least in the US the people have sat around for far too long letting politicians do what they should and are taking our freedom little by little we need to retake it if we are to maintain a free country

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Did SkepticOverlord say Clifford Stone?

BTW, Congratulation guys. You guys really deserve this.
You all looked great!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join