It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitbull kills 4yr old girl "owner"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is there anyone out there that still disagrees that these stupid animals should be hunted down and killed for the sake of humanity???

kvoa.com...

Mod Note: Starting threads in the News Forums- Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I pitbull breed is not dangerous. It's taught ferocity by the dangerous humans and they are the ones that should hunted down. Don't you agree? I have friends that own them they are very friendly and very luvable like any dog brought up in loving household.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know, it's really our fault that the Pittbull is as vicious as it is. The breed has been overly interbred. My dad always thought it was breed that should be exterminated...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There have been numerous attacks in the San Antonio area this year.

I think owners should have some type of monetary fund to cover personal injury, damages and pain and suffering. There should also be a legal agreement that the owner will do mandatory jail time if someone is injured or killed. I suppose this would be unconstitutional though.

To many irresponsible people are handling these dogs in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

Yeah, lame. I do infact.

The bull terrier is a beautiful animal. They have an obvious instinct that is common with ALL terriers, not really "breed specific." Your lack of understanding for the matter, especially on animal behavior leads to jumping on the bandwagon of hating what you do not understand. I've fostered two pitbulls this year, eight total. Out of the eight only one had a slightly aggressive demeanor, and another had a behavioral problem and neurotically chewed things. I had fostered a beautiful brown pit with green eyes that I fell in love with. This dog came off the streets and into my home. It slept on the bed with my shi tzu, my cat, with my lab on the floor and was THE cutest thing I've ever seen.

Just because they're dogs, doesn't mean they're not a product of their environment. It's common sense why certain dogs are bad and others are not. This is more mankinds fault than it is the animals that we are responsbile for.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Yeah, lame. I do infact.

The bull terrier is a beautiful animal. They have an obvious instinct that is common with ALL terriers, not really "breed specific."

it is a kill instinct that overtakes them and no one knows why. it is ignorant to have that type of animal playing with children. the damm thing had to be shot before it let go of the 4yr old baby.

The dog doesnt scare me it is people that feel they are safe with children that scare me.

these normally predatory dogs should be outlawed as pets just like wolves, tigers, and lions are outlawed as house pets.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Kill 'Em All, I say.

Tired of hearing, reading and watching about children and elderly people getting attacked by them.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Kill 'Em All, I say.

Tired of hearing, reading and watching about children and elderly people getting attacked by them.

I'm gonna make a wild guess here - I am really sure far more kids are killed here (UK) by these superbugs in the hospitals, or by poor supervision around cheap toys, or by accidentally swallowing medication / illegal drugs than are killed or badly injured by poorly humanized dogs.

Should I bring traffic accidents into the equation?

It's irresponsible people who put the animals into the wrong situations.

How could any one bring themselves to put that dumb Human down for it's actions.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

All terrier breeds have a "kill" instinct, and I don't know if you noticed this but all predatory animals have a "kill" instinct. It's called inherent nature, brosif. That nature is determined by the environment in which the animal was raised with. Good dogs don't just "go psycho," as you're implying.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It isn't the dogs. There are other dogs that can act in the same ways, Rottweilers, Rhodesian Ridgebacks. It very much depends on how the dog is handled as a puppy and treated. If it is treated rough it will be vicious for the most part. We have friends who have a Poodle, of all dogs, and it was treated rough and if it was as big as a pit bull it would be JUST as vicious and one would read - "Family of 5 obliterated by a Poodle."

We need to EDUCATE people not ERADICATE dogs!! We will eradicate Pitbulls and then there will be another breed that will be used for dog fighting etc. Hell, why don't we just destroy all the dogs on earth to make people feel better. There will always be something that will take the place of an eradicated animal. Remove the lion and the Hyena will be king etc.

It is ignorance like this that pisses me off to no end when people are just too damn stupid to see that it is not the dogs. I have a neighbour that has 11 pitbulls and they are like pussy cats. They are all trained and are 100% obedient. They are not viscous mutts. It is people. It will always be people.

It's like guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill PEOPLE!! People are by nature stupid and we do stupid things. When we do something absolutely stupid we have 20/20 vision after the fact and go "DUH, that was dumb"... See Darwin Awards.

Animals have instinct but we have had dogs domesticated for hundreds of years. WE make them viscous. They don't go out and buy books and CDs on "Learn how to be viscous in 10 minutes" or "Dummy's Guide to being viscous". WE teach them how we want them to be. They do as has been done to them - period. If you treat them cruelly when they are puppies they WILL be unruly and be "cruel" back!!

I have had many dogs through my life. My uncle bred Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I had dogs from him. He had neighbours who treated a puppy badly and that dog was one MEAN MUTHA!! But it was how he was raised - he wasn't born that way.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I guess, following your logic, that any animal that poses a danger to humans should just be exterminated?

Perhaps the morons who get these dogs and abuse them incessantly (fueling their defensive/aggressive nature) are the ones that need to be exterminated.

It's like the idiot who goes swimming with crocodiles and then, when one kills him, people want the croc found and killed.

The logic makes absolutely no sense.

jasn

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

ABSOLUTELY!! Why tempt fate and then hunt an animal because of what it does as a natural survival tactic. If a croc is hungry and you walk into his river he is going to EAT you. He isn't going to go "AH, it's a man - i must leave him alone." He just sees another animal being dumb enough to test his instincts.

If that were a buffalo, he will eat it. He makes no distinction and why should he? After all, we are just intelligent (and i use the term loosely for some) animals. He is going to eat you.

It's like being hungry. You walk past McDs or BK and you will eat what you find on the menu. You are not going to stand there and say, "well when they have caviar on the menu i will buy something because i shouldn't eat burgers cos they are bad for me" Nope, you WILL buy a burger and chips.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by shearder]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

You make a good point within your post about animals being unaware of this social caste that humans are so arrogantly proud of. They don't see you as a human, therefore superior. They view you as a different variation of animal, and act according to your demeanor. As we are aware of those dividing factors that seperate "us" from "them," making us ultimately responsible for their actions.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

For sure. We need to respect that we are just a variation of food for animals - especially predators. Animals that rely on us, i.e. cats and dogs, look to us as part of the pack. We either lead or be led. Yes, dogs and cats can fend for themselves but have become very dependent on humans. If one constantly treats a dog badly from pup then he will see this is "how it is done" and he will eventually want to lead the pack and he will fight back to gain leadership. I never blame a dog that attacks people i blame the owner.

If i had a dog and i know how it was raised and suddenly, for no known reason, he attacks a member of my family i will have to access his actions and determine why he did that. It is also not unusual, though rare, for dogs to become psychotic. Dogs also suffer from neurological disorders and if a dog acts out of character they need to be checked not destroyed! Strangely enough, dogs also have brains and can be prone to this "breaking" like their human counterparts.

If we look at this - let's say a dog is very vicious and we don't know the reasons or just does weired things - is it not possible that the dog has some mental instability? I think so. But then we want to destroy all dogs of the same breed.

Yeah, that's the human thing to do, destroy anything and everything because we can.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
Is there anyone out there that still disagrees that these stupid animals should be hunted down and killed for the sake of humanity???

kvoa.com...

i disagree very much...
nothing wrong with these dogs...it's the tards that train them to be mean..ALL dogs can mess you up...the pit bull propoganda machine is working...

up here at the city kenel, any pit or pit mix gets put down...i was very pissed off last week cause they wouldn't let me take one...i didn't want em to get put down.

for every insane, salivating killer pit out there, there is a loveable, family dog that is also a pit.

know whats happening? in the areas where you can't have pits anymore, people are starting to get into presa canario's and other dogs that are much larger/stronger than the pitt and are teaching them to be mean and fight, then they're breeeding them...

want to ban canary dogs too?
akitas?
dogo's?

meh

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Little FYI for Wikipedia

Pit Bull and Bull Terrier Info

Under the care of an overly-permissive or uneducated owner, pit bulls (or any other large breed) can become very dangerous dogs. [6]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think that some dogs need to be handle correctly and have the proper owners, while other dogs have perfect disposition for small children because of the temperment.

I do feel sorry for the loss of a small child, but it is the responsibility of the adults to be in the know of what type of dog will best work into the family.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We had a situation here in Minneapolis by my moms house a few months ago where a pitbull attacked the 5 year old son of his owner and killed him. The father had to shoot the pitbull to get him off his son (with an illegally owned gun I may add).

There was no doubt in my mind that this dog was used and bred for dogfighting. The family had two pitbulls, male and female and the female had just had puppies. The father had a long criminal record, the dog had attacked other neighbors in the past few years. So I definatly think that was a case of irresponsible pet ownership.

My best friends have a dog that is half pit and half lab, and she is the sweetest mose lovable dog ever, however she is protective of her family.

Also, I have toy poodles. Poodles are known to be strong willed and very protective of their owners. My dogs are loveable yet when a visitor first walks through the door, my older poodle will bark ferociously at the person until he gets a chance to sniff them out. Even if it's someone he has seen before.

I definatly think that a regular sized poodle could be a vicious dog in the wrong hands. Heck I saw an episode of animal cops where they caught a guy beating his weiner dog with a hammer...trying to make him vicious.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
They don't see you as a human, therefore superior. They view you as a different variation of animal, and act according to your demeanor.

So according to your statement, this dog acted according to the 4yr old girls demeanor, so the dog felt threatened by this child? if that is the case it proves my point that they should be outlawed as family pets.

As we are aware of those dividing factors that seperate "us" from "them," making us ultimately responsible for their actions.

this was their family pet dog, raised from a puppy, the dog had known the little irl since he was a pup and yet it killed her. there is no rhyme or reason to who/when they will attack, that is why they are "animals"
same as a serial killer would be considered an animal.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
hey icy, for what it is worth, i bet more parents kill their own kids every year than dogs or pitt bulls do.

just sayin...

no bad dogs. just bad owners.

with all breds, a lot of it comes down to training. not justifying the attack but did they teach this girl to play nice with the dog, or was it like the family where i got my basset from, and the kids were yanking up on her tail, trying to ride...

was the kid like that to the dog?

did the parents free feed? did they feed it raw? lot of owners do both.

free feedign really does not establish your human hand as 'the hand that feeds' and that makes a difference.

our dogs know the food comes from us..it's not always 'there'.

just saying homie, it sounds like you're all down on this breed and i am thinking the parents are at fault...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
All dogs have the capability to do that. My family always had labs growing up and we had a nearly 90 pound gentle giant named "Deuce." I was little, and hardly remember, maybe five or six at the time.. He was sitting down and I came up behind him and sat on his back and grabbed him by the collar. He spun around and bit me in the face. I had some deep puncture marks, but didn't require stitches... We had him for 11 years after that with no problem.

Just like animals, kids are unpredictable too. They don't know to take an action as a threat, and if instinct tell them to do something and they do it, there's probably more to the story. Deuce was as docile as they get, and I can tell you right now, that it was entirely my fault.

So before you go exterminating a lot of amazing animals because you heard something on the news, maybe you should consider how human behavior conflicts with that of nature's.

Oh, yeah... and..

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join