It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
nice foto..

I recently heard that dogs have a spirit,too, not only human .so, after death they can haunt ,too.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
So a dog ran in the reception area, jumped up on the table with the cake, and paused long enough to give a big ham shot in a pic...

and nobody noticed.

I'll mull that over a bit if you don't mind.

you just made me giggle!

anyways, you can see by the photo that its peering over the shoulder of the guy, the angle of the shot makes the "dogs" head very close to the shoulder. And wtf is up with its eyes??? Since when do dogs have yellow eyes?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by porschedrifter]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

It looks way too realistic to be a pinata though. Unless they have changed, they usually have an animal shape and are multi-colored in stripes that are not normal animal colors.

Yeah that's true. I would also think that he would have atleast seen it or remembered it. It was just a interesting theory and atleast something other than it's paranormal. I would like to see the guy or coast to coast publish a quality picture of it and then maybe we can see what's up with it.

Originally posted by porschedrifter
And wtf is up with its eyes??? Since when do dogs have yellow eyes?

Tha's because it's eeevvvvvviiiiiiillllllllll

[edit on 7-11-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
nice foto..

I recently heard that dogs have a spirit,too, not only human .so, after death they can haunt ,too.

Dang. That really sounds credible. I heard from myself that none of us have spirits including the canines, and when we die, we rot in the ground, if we are found. Care to elaborate more?

At this moment, when I croak, I promise to stay and haunt all you, in ways you will never know.

Too bad there is not an emoticon that has trash being thrown in the dump. Blahh.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

Thank you! This seemed like a good topic for my first post. Some of the other threads seem so harsh, but I liked the topic and the ideas that everyone has had to say about this photo. I'll definitely be following it!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Years ago my mom went to California for one of her sisters funerals.She took a lot of pics of everybody but the weird thing was my uncles wife showed up in two of the pictures.....and she was still in Memphis! To this day we have no idea how she showed up in those two pics. But to be on topic though, if it is a demon, showing itself is incredible.Someone said that they wouldnt know why it would choose to show itself. If 3 demons appeared in a pic with you its because they want to and there's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I gotta say this does look real...but before I lose my mind trying to figure out the authenticity- it could have been a dog behind him- you never know....demons? c'mon....This guy did drugs and took one picture and got it...this dog never showed up behind hitler or anyone evil like him. Im not denying that its fake- im just saying maybe he had no idea the dog was behind him...notice theres a table there....you just can't assume whats being told to you- you have to question it...and theres something fishy about this....however I did notice it had no ears (noticable) but its ridiculous to think that theres a dog demon following this ex-druggie....i'll believe it when it pops up in one of my family albums...hell or anyone elses...this guy is the first- there should clearly be more...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Regarding the demon dog, at first I thought it was a dog, and I thought maybe a small child could be standing behind the man holding up the family pet. But this dog or demon does look evil. Take a look at the lower jaw. It is too wide and too round to be a dog's. I agree with one of the other posters who said the nostrils are not in the normal place for a dog. Someone else also pointed out that the nose looks more like a snout. The nose is too square at the end.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That is unquestionably an extraordinary photograph, however, let me try to put an alternative interpretation on it and see if anyone else can follow my line of thought.

The problem we have is that there is a deep instinctive response in humans to recognise a face from the most basic of data to the extent that young babies will respond positively to just two large dots on a piece of paper because they resemble eyes in a face. I suspect that this image is demonstrating that effect because of the prominence of the two "eyes" despite the fact that they are actually in the wrong places on the "dog's" head.

If you look at the picture you will see that the colours in the "dog's" face are very very similar to the colours of the background through the doorway, (or whatever it is), and I am sure that what we are seeing is something entirely normal which we are misinterpreting. If you look at the light coloured areas around the eyes you will see that they are actually extensions of the background patterns above the "dog's" head.

Now, I cannot for the life of me take the next step of logic and see what it is that is actually in the picture I can still only instinctively recognise the "dog's head" but can anyone else see what I am getting at?

Some of you may very well say that I am working pretty hard to try to avoid accepting the obvious fact that the picture shows a dog, and I'll take that criticism if necessary, but like many others early in the thread I believe that if we only had a picture of the area without the couple in it all may become clear.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It might be a demon that looks like a dog but not a dog demon. (ie a dog that is a ghost haunting the place)

BTW ghosts appearing in photos is a pretty common thing in the paranormal acitivty area. There is a section for it on about.com

Eg the space turtle

It might be a bipedal doglike race of alien from another world or dimension that resembles a dog. Doesn't even have to be from our world but something that came from another planet.

The pic is very creepy. Maybe the being in the picture was a dog he ran over and it's haunting him but he forgot about the day that he was drugged while driving and couldn't remember killing the dog. So it appears to him with a deformed face to say: remember me? He doesn't remember, maybe either because he was on drugs that day or he is blocking the incident from his memory because it was too traumatic an experience to deal with.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Some of you may very well say that I am working pretty hard to try to avoid accepting the obvious fact that the picture shows a dog, and I'll take that criticism if necessary, but like many others early in the thread I believe that if we only had a picture of the area without the couple in it all may become clear.

It's because you are scared to admit ghosts are real so you try to rationalise how something like this could be possible because it remains a mystery that current science can't or won't ever explain. (yet to some cultures these kinds of things are 'normal' and taken as matter of fact, not fantasy)

Take the Aboriginals and the "Dreamtime" for example.

I think it is just a case of strange beings from other realities could enter our reality/world and just come out of nowhere, lost and looking for something to do but are just trapped or stranded here. Maybe someone who deals in channeling spirits could try to communicate with the demon and figure out what it is? That stuff freaks me out personally and these entities need to go back from the hell where they came from. But if it is found that the spirit is a good one, then there is no need for the guy to be freaked out so much.

I personally would be scared of something like that appearing like that behind me.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Snake Plisskin

I can take the idea of ghosts seriously because of personal experience and I am prepared to consider the concept of "strange beings from other realities" having a presence in our world, but I am seriously struggling with why they would take the form of a whippet.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There is also a submission for this dog demon photo in the paranormal section of about.com here

It's a hell hound, just accept it already!
Maybe a variation of the black shuck aka the "doom dog".

Although as others mentioned he prayed to god that he couldn't do this himself. It possible that if the dog was sent by god to scare him out of drugs, it's appearance was a blessing in disguise. ie God working in mysterious ways?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wow great photo but it is interesting how the dog is in perfect position for a photo. If it is a demon why a dog ?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah BTW the reason I gave the suggestion of a "supernatural being from a parrallel universe" is because it reminds me of other "magical monsters" like "bigfoot" or "the big black cats" that every farmer or person living in a remote area claims really exists (even captured) but to date has no evidence to show of them because of some kind of supernatural ability of the creature to magically disappear at will.

So that's why I think this thing in the photo could possibly be something similar. It can just phase in and out of existence like a ghost, play tricks on people by choosing to attach itself to a photo as if it were there on the day. (but its traveling dimensions and even time? think of the changing photo in the movie "Back to the Future" whenever some event in the future affects the past or a past event that has been changed affects something in the future which then results in the photograph being magically altered to reflect these effects on the present timeline as it created a new 'reality' when the time was tampered with in some way?)

Anyway, the original poster asked for comments so I gave those suggestions.

click here for an example of the mysterious black cats - another type of animal 'spirit' that although seen, seems more mythical more than anything. Perhaps this "hellhound" should also be categorised into the "magical monster" box?

Like the big black cats or bigfoot, it looks REAL and SOLID in the photo, but like a ghost can disappear or reappear. (ie like bigfoot who may even leave behind some trace like fur? but still be magical and ghostlike without having the glowing or transparent appearance of the typical "ghost")

also look up beast of bodmin for example of creatures that are really there but never long enough in our reality to study, confirm they are real, prove to others they are not mere ghosts etc

just a little quote from the article under the section "ghostly origins":

Ghostly Origin

There has been some speculation as to whether the animal is of ghostly origin. The creature makes the usual hissing and growling sounds of a large cat such as a panther or mountain lion, but also has made what sounds like a woman screaming. The creature haunts one of the most popular sites in the world for ancient magical practices. The area is home to ancient stone circles and burial mounds. There are also said to be giant tracts of land, shaped like figures of the zodiac that make up the area.

Miners who used to mine cobalt in the area for years reported that the mines were full of demons, this is where the names 'kobolds' and 'mine goblins' came from. Soldiers from the British army tracked and had one of the creatures surrounded in a barn. The soldiers moved in toward the barn, forming a circle as they neared it, but when they entered the barn the creature had vanished.

The story about the creature vanishing after it was trapped inside a barn could be a sign that it may be a spiritual or folkloric being. It could be possible that the creature found another way to escape, such as a mine shaft, since the area is a source of many old cobalt mines. It seems very strange though, that this creature has been documented many times on video, has left tracks and multiple dead animals, has been tracked by soldiers, and sharpshooters, and still not one has been captured or killed.

So like bigfoot, chupacabras, loch ness, Black Cats, etc I think the "demon dog" (is this going to be its official name from now on?) is a monster that just jumps to another dimension, but allows itself to be photographed when it wishes. (demonstrating some alien intelligence similar to how you can't just think of BigFoot as a dumb ape, but more like a humanoid creature with brains and animal-like fur and features)

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Weird indeed.

It looks like a pissed dobermann.

Strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
wow. looks like a dog came up right before the picture was taken. maybe he wanted some cake and then felt lonely and wanted to be in the picture. that's one take. could very well be just a regular dog.

or. could be a real tazmanian devil.

or. could be a small demon.

since I have two polaroid pictures of a ghost as well. it could very well be a demon. but why just show his face and tongue? lol. well, those demons have a sense of humor, i know. so it could be him, just getting a laugh, saying. "This wedding is going to suck" and "i'm here to make sure". or it could be someone who has come back and wanted to show himself as a ghost dog form. the place could have been haunted.

the possibilites are endless..so i'm not sure what to think..but it's certain the picture is real.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn

Husband: You know honey, that there dog might be a demon.
Wife: Nahh, you really think so?
Husband: Maybe I should stop doing drugs?
Wife: Sure, sounds good to me.
Husband: I might even have to start believing in God, cuz if I saw a demon, there might actually be a God.

Wait, I don't think it went like that, I think it went like this:

Stoner: HOLY MOTHER OF F*** THERE'S A DEMON DOG IN THAT PIC!
Wife: Get a life.
Stoner: No, serious! Look, they're after me!
Wife: You know, if you'd get cleaned up you wouldn't be so damned paranoid all the time.

...30 days later.

Wife: Welcome home, honey,
Ex-Stoner: Thanks, glad to be back.
Wife: I'll make some coffee.
*Ex-Stoner sits down on the couch and starts looking at the pics on the coffee table*
Ex-Stoner: SWEET BABY JESUS IT'S STILL THERE!

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
George Nori talked to this guy on the show today. he was very sincere.

I was looking at other images of things and I came to another conclusion. this looks very much like a dragon. has anyone heard of small type dragons that protect? I have no images to show, but they are really not evil creatures. so this dragon type demon could have been protecting them.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well here are my thoughts on it

Yes I agree it does look remarkably like a dog but I can just make out the mouth is the ladys hand and the nose looks to be the top of a vase or something (maybe even a bottle). I'm not sure about the eyes I was thinking maybe flowers but it's really hard to see.

While I think it is cool how it all came together to make that effect I am pretty sure its just a lot of seperate things creating the overal image.

I put it down to pure chance.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join