It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That appears to be a doorway or an alcove behind them. Notice the large potted plant? There is obviously an open space there or the plant would not be there. The dog is a dog. From the angle, I'd say it is standing with its front paws on the table the cake is on trying to do a BAD THING! BAD DOG!!!!!!!!!!! You will also note its tongue is out aimed toward the object of its desire.

I don't have sound but if that couple is does not remember the dog that went after their cake they must of had a little too much Champagne

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greywolf73
Personally, I don't think it really matters one way or the other what the "dog" really is since it seems to have had such a positive effect on the man. He turned his entire life around after seeing this photo so be it dog, demon or strangely arranged flowers more power to him.

Great point!

We're all so busy trying to figure this out that we forgot the most important thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Remember - the man did not say the image of the "dog" had a profound (and positive) impact on his life.

The thing that got him thinking about his addictions was the fact that he felt the dog to be "evil" and self proclaimed it to be a "demon".

His gut reaction told him "this thing is bad" and that got him to turn-around his ways. In essence then, it was "fear" that got him to take some action on his addiction, not a warm loving, sloppy kiss from an old pet...!

Also, I might add that if he had a pet in the past, he did not mention this in his video. If you watch the video, the man seems to be as perplexed as anyone, and shows a level of concern that is genuine, not some ad-hoc, hoax-like pre-planned speach for the media. It seems he was really frightended by its appearance.

Think about it - many of us have had pets or still do. If one showed up in a picture once it was dead we would recognize it - this is not the case in this situation. The man said the dog was a "demon" based on his impression.

Food for further thought....

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
First of all...great thread. Very perplexing indeed.

The first thing that came to mind was that this is in fact a spirit of some kind taking a canine like form. Then after looking closely at the image the nose does not appear to be so much a nose as it is a snout.

Remember the Amityville house, the little girl who had the imaginary friend who was supposedly a demon, has a strange face with glowing eyes and a pig like snout? I believe the thing was called Jody.

Not sure what this thing actually is, but the creepy factor is through the roof

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have no doubt that this photo was not manipulated. My biggest question is whether or not that dog could have actually been there.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It could just actually just be a dog.
Looks like a happy one to me, and fond of the groom.

Let's just say this is a spirit for arguments sake.
Let me ask this...what makes anyone think it is a demon?

Because it doesn't look like Claudia Schiffer with wings, wearing a robe, and playing a harp?

The dog image has had a positive impact on his life...in spite of being labeled a "demon"...superficial judgments keep most of us from something similarly empowering I bet.

Most people may need one of those invisible "Demon Dogs" to help sort out their mess.

Kudos to the pup.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ok,I have just squinted at the pic again,and can anyone else see a kind of dark line coming down from the left hand "dog eye" ?
It is starting to look as though maybe that eye is in fact a flower,the dark line being the stem,which goes into the nose/mouth area-which may just be a strange shaped and out of focus vase.
Still does not explain the dark coloring on the "head" of the dog...
The flowers,if they are flowers look like the sort which are yellow in the centre and violet on the outer part.

I still want it to be his spirit guide dog really though.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just my two cents,

If it is real. I would suggest Mr. Coyote from Native American lore. This seems trickster like in behavior.

On the other hand something about it reminded me a Hyena, which could mean a Djinn. It may not be good or bad. It could be something having fun at another's expense. Alot of Fortean and Anomalous phenomena seem to point to someone or something having a laugh at our expense.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Let's just say this is a spirit for arguments sake.
Let me ask this...what makes anyone think it is a demon?

I think it's mainly because the guy said it was a demon. But it could go either way. Whatever it is did a good thing either way by showing up in the picture.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Ok,I have just squinted at the pic again,and can anyone else see a kind of dark line coming down from the left hand "dog eye" ?
It is starting to look as though maybe that eye is in fact a flower,the dark line being the stem,which goes into the nose/mouth area-which may just be a strange shaped and out of focus vase.
Still does not explain the dark coloring on the "head" of the dog...
The flowers,if they are flowers look like the sort which are yellow in the centre and violet on the outer part.

We've all looked at it and haven't seen anything else that it could be. I think by now one of us would have seen something it could have been. I'll look again at the flower thing though.

That "ear" I saw before is actually part of a pattern in whatever is back there. I'm also not seeing that flower thing.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here's some links for further research:

Were-hyenas in Folklore and Mythology
www.jh-author.com...

An African tribe reputed to be Were Hyenas
en.wikipedia.org...

A demonic hyena or wolf creature from medieval bestaries.
en.wikipedia.org...

Dog headed beings and even a dog headed Saint
en.wikipedia.org...

Dogs: God's Worst Enemies?
www.psyeta.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's obviously Sir Didymus from Labryinth.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Going with the couples initial feelings of this image as evil. Ill have to take that at face value. I do think it was possible for positive forces to have lifted the veil to allow this force to be seen (be it negative or wanted).
Power animals often can show up in photo's, such as dolphins or cats even snakes. But they are normally surrounded in some sort of light and no doubt would be placed on the intent of such creatures.

This photo seems to have many purposes in life. One is allowing us to come together talk about strange and unusual sighting.

5snaps!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it definitely appears to be legitimately in the photo. However, it looks 2 dimensional to me (not just in the sense that it's a photgraph), almost like it's a cardboard cutout or something that's propped up behind them.

I'm doing some photoshop work with it to see if I can figure anything out.

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD:

[edit on 6-11-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That second picture looks creepy now. If it was a 2d image why does it look like the entire face is there?. Wouldn't make that 3d?. On the second picture to me it looks that it's now see through. It might just be whatever you did to the picture but I can make out some of the pattern and colors in the background in the dogs face.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Could it be this thing? its the closest ive found at least.
Ancient Coyote

images.jupiterimages.com...

www.grassyhollow.net...

POWERFUL NATIVE-AMERICAN IMAGES

Canis Latran aka coyote
www.aquariumofpacific.org...

www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

Im giving up =p

[edit on 6-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm not gonna say its a demon or "satan incarnate" But if that was me I would be scared, its prolly just a dog that went for the cake and someone grabed its tail or something, (looks like that don't it) And even if it is only a dog think about how close it was to him, thats what would scare me. Next time it could be manbearpig

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
like others pointed out. I also would like to see a photo of the same exact area without the people there. To see if there is a painting behind them, a tapestry, anything that has any type of "dog-like" image on it.

But I'm at a loss now.

I know photo expets analized it, and said it is an actual thing in the photo, not a double exposure ect. so my wording was off. What I meant was maybe it is something in the photo, that is giving the appearance of a canine head.

I dunno the mouth and togue area doesn't look that clearly defined, especially as it gets closer to the guy, it becomes more distroted, and could be a simple pin on flower type thing. I see reds and whites, the nose also looks funny in the color pic, when in negative it looks clearer. Also the eyes, and bridge of the snout are extremely well define and can only be seen as a canine to me. So I'm pretty much stumped.

Forgotten misplaces stuffed animal of a small jack russel on the stairs?

Or perhaps a painting in the backround.

I'd like for them to revisit the spot, but this picture was taken many years back correct? I wonder why it's come out now???

Maybe they have some archived photos of the crurch and we can look through them and see if we can spot any painting , tapestries, any art in general depicting a dog like that.

Take more detective work than I have time or the resources, and the know how for, but that would be one direction to go.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh also, one area I don't think anyone has explored is. The wife is marrying this guy who is struggling with some serious drugs. Now I've been around the block, and I'd say he's useing heroin(could be wrong), but I've seen many an addict and can usually peg their drug of choice just by looking at them, listening to the way they talk and their manurisms.

All that aside, the wife knows the man is very religious, and perhaps has tried everythihng, includeing a full scale intervention to get him off this terrible Drug.

Who's to say this is not a hand puppet on her left hand which is around his back and could be easily up near his shoulder. I've heard of people trying to scare love ones straight......, ya never know. I know it's a long shot, but hey, it's just something that crossed my mind as I was staring at the photo for a while.

Gotta cover every angle ya?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Definently an odd photograph, the dog almost looks like a stuffed animal though, like a very real looking one. But the odd thing is the height and the way the dog doesn't seem to have any ears present; sort of like there laid flat back or it doesn't have any ears at all. Very very strange good post.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In the video interview at the picnic table, this couple looks YEARS older
than they do in the photo. I'd say that this was a slow news month
wherever that Fox station is located. This guy probably sent in the
photo in the 1990's and they (fox 31) dug it up and interviewed the
couple. Too bad it didn't look more like a FOX than a dog. The Fox
network nationwide would have probably picked up on it and gave
the local affiliate a pat on the head.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join