Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If I squint my eyes it just looks like it may be a head mounted on the wall, like those hunters trophy heads if that makes any sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rapturas

Yes ... great close up work. I inverted the picture in paint, scared the bajesus out of me. But I must say something does not look right with it. The eyes look both are looking forward but then my eyes focus on just the left one. Very odd and spooky!

***Foot note***

I too thank you for the recipe. In fact I made that chicken recipe tonight, minus the msg though. Turned out far better then I hoped. Thanks again rapturas.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I see how it could be similar to both a classic demon, and/or a hunter's trophy. The latter being something that could almost be some sort of explanation if it were just a dog head attached to his shoulder somehow, but what kind of wacko would have a dog head. Not that I'm suggesting you were implying that rapturas, but I figured I'd entertain the idea anyhow.

As far as the cartoon reference, I can't, for the life of me recall what shoulder the demon is on generally. Could have a bearing on this as silly as it may sound. Even goofy cartoon pop culture often has some basis in real life.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Belive me, i could really belive in many odd things...and i belive, but in this case, i just can think in a kind of stuffed animal behind the man, on a shelf!!
It is just a case of prespective (i think it's spelled that way, sorry if it is not)!

The animal could even have ears, but due to the prespective we can´t see them.
The yellow tone of the eyes are also used to see in same aged stuffed animals, especialy birds.

I also think strange that in so many opinions taken, even with foto experts that no one rise the question "what was on the shelf behind you in that foto, in that day?!!

It look's a kind of stuffed ferret.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Yeah I see what you are saying, and it does resemble a ferret to a certain extent. The thing is with this particular picture even if we all agreed that it was nothing more than a stuffed animal, I'd still wonder about this photo. I can't discount what you are saying whatsoever but I'm still leaning more towards the unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
After a closer look on the zoomed foto posted by Rapturas, i am now sure it is not a ferret, but some herbivore animal, all the nose/mouth "design" of it points for that.
Carnivores need larger jaws then that ones, and for a insectivore it looks too big to be one, so it could be some kind of small herbivore.
But i mantain my ideia of the obvious stuffed animal as a explanation.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

There certainly are a hell of a lot of whackos out there, i wouldnt put anything past mankind these days (not saying that is the case with this though, that would just be wrong).

re: the devil and saint in cartoons, thats a metaphor for the characters conscience isn’t it? im sure the devil appears on the left shoulder but I cant find any images to support this, it may well be that it appears on either side depending on whom is doing the illustrations (don’t hold me to it though)

ps. seriously, if you want all the kfc recipes, i can send by u2u no problems, just give me the word =]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Thanks again for posting... we'll see what everyone else thinks as we go. You may be onto something. You suppose it's a hoax to get on the news. He seemed pretty honest. Or do you think that someone did it as a practical joke? If so, and the joke was meant for him, they sure let it go pretty far. Though he did turn his life around because of the photo, so who knows, maybe that's why no one in the family ever came forward in saying "Yeah I propped that up there"

I still say it looks real.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Osiris1953]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yeah it is a metaphor for the characters conscience.

Though the stuffed animal is a good theory, I'm still stumped on this one. Who knows what people will or will not do anymore.

I may just need those KFC recipes at some point, I will let you know.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I am pretty sure all images i saw in my life about Good/evil cartoons, games, movies, the evil one is always on the right shoulder.
But remember that we can´t atribute a goodness or a evilness just because of the way they look!
Even the Devil is a Angel of light, remeber that

It could look like a demon and be good entitie, or it could look like a angel and be evil!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You are absolutely 100% correct there. It could go either way. I mostly titled the thread based on what was said in the video and how it appears. If it is in fact an entity it could certainly be good or evil... it all depends on the motive of the entity in question. If it was to scare him straight as was suggested earlier, it would make sense to appear as something demonic even if it was something of pure intention.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't think it's a mounted animal. It's hard to tell where the picture was taken but usually heads will be mounted atleast over your head so probably about 6 feet. But that depends on how high the roof is. Just for me it doesn't look like a mounted head. It could be a full mount but I don't think those are too popular and even then it's not going to be shoulder height. And yeah the devil/angel thing is for conscious but I would think if you were kind of asking yourself if you should get high at the wedding or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
it *would* be cool to see other photos of that night from other participants at the wedding.
one would think he would have asked others to see their photos to check and see if the dog image showed up in others cameras as well.

interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Thanks again for posting... we'll see what everyone else thinks as we go. You may be onto something. You suppose it's a hoax to get on the news. He seemed pretty honest. Or do you think that someone did it as a practical joke? If so, and the joke was meant for him, they sure let it go pretty far. Though he did turn his life around because of the photo, so who knows, maybe that's why no one in the family ever came forward in saying "Yeah I propped that up there"

I still say it looks real.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Osiris1953]

You are welcome mate, it is a pleasure to contribute to your topic.
I do not think the guys want to hoax nobody, i just see they'r faith in this "demon" due to simplicity of character, or they can be too naif.
What troubles me in this event is why the so called experts and the TV guys never thinked before about the "stuffed animal behind them"!
It can cost's them reputation.
If you see better the zoomed foto, you will notice also that are other object between the man and the animal...It looks some kind of white flowers. They are exactly above the houlder's man, and a very small part of the animal face it's behind it, what proofs it is not a paranormal show up right above the shoulders man.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

lol maybe i was subconsciously thinking good equals right =/

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yeah I see the object in question it does appear to be flowers or something, which does take away some believability. I think it might be a jump to say it's proof that it isn't anything... but you are certainly putting some major cracks in the theory that it is something paranormal.... at least in my opinion. Keep thinking man; I enjoy discussing this either way.

I'm just happy I found something that makes people think as opposed to so many pixelated videos that are supposed to prove something that get posted around here.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think I can make out a ear. If you look at the figures nose and go up about an inch or two you should be able to see it. The other thing is that whatever it is it's solid as you can see it's blocking something white. I can't visiualize where they are at so that's kind of making it hard to see if it's a mounted head or something else.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yeah good and evil can be very relative, especially if we assume that the entity in question is that of a ghost or spirit type.

If it were a demon or angel in regards to classic Christianity than the whole good/evil thing tend to be a little more clear cut.

If in the end it is the general consensus that this is paranormal, then I don't think I would necessarily go with the angel/demon route. At least not in the classical sense, but hey that's just me.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I noticed that it somewhat difficult to notice the relative position of certain things in the photo, they seem to be in front of a table though.

Yes I did notice the ears, to me, they look very greyhound like.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by sandman441

I noticed that it somewhat difficult to notice the relative position of certain things in the photo, they seem to be in front of a table though.

Yes I did notice the ears, to me, they look very greyhound like.

yeah sorry I keep looking at the posted picture and that was just a cropped version of the picture. If it was real it looked like it was between the cake and something else and I don't think the bride,groom or their family would want something there that could potenially fall into the cake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join