It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
Ok since noone seems to be seeing what I am I've tried to quickly point them out in paint (no expert as you can see sorry). I'm not claiming to be 100% correct in my identification of the objects for instance the glass bottle type object could easily be a vinegar bottle or something similar.

I didn't see the plant at first but can see it now. I think this is why we need a good scan of the original picture. Maybe we can debunk it if we had that picture.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
May have been already brought up, but may it be a 'ghost' of a dog?

Some people have seen or even photographed dead pets thoughout history, could it possibly be just that, a ghost of an pet that belonged to someone at the wedding.

Of course, that in itself makes the picture paranormal.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
May have been already brought up, but may it be a 'ghost' of a dog?

I don't think that has been brought up. It could be though.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So why would one call it a "Demon Dog" if it might just be a ghost of a dog?
If there were a mysterious human being standing there instead of a dog , would they call that mysterious human being a demon too? In that case they would have said it's a Demon Man or a Demon Woman... a Demon Little boy and so on?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
So why would one call it a "Demon Dog" if it might just be a ghost of a dog?

Because that's what the guy in the story referred to it as.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In my opinion, I don't know what exactly to make of this photo.

And on a less serious note, I believe I found the culprit sitting on the man's shoulder....Its..

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, I've put some thought into this Demon Dog image and the bottom line is they had a photography expert analyze the photo to see if it's authentic and he says that the photo has not been tampered with. And because we here have not been able to analyze the original photo, I think the prudent thing to do is to trust the photographic expert's analysis of it and leave it at that.

So coming from this perspective, this demon dog is one of the best photo's I've ever seen of a ghost because it looks like a fully materialized spirit that's been captured on cam!

And even though I'm still thinking this couple went on tv with it to convey the message to the public that demons do exist and here's one in our photo showing one that's posing as a dog ... after watching the movie a couple of more times, they do seem to be sincere in their belief that that's what that dog is but it still does not take away from the possibility that it's a paranormal photo.

.. and because they had it analyzed by a couple of professionals, my final call on this one is that the dog is paranormal.
Just my .02 worth... what a fascinating photograph! Great find!

PS.. also, they are a lovely couple and after I brightened up my computer monitor, they didn't look as old as they did when my monitor was darker when viewing that tv news show. They only look about 5 to 10 yrs older than how they looked in that photo..

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

To be honest - I think it's simply a dog. I've had more than a few, and in some photos they can look evil alright
but it just a human perception. Probably a dog that was actually at the reception; they just don't remember it, that's all..

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Yep - I'd say that's the most likely answer. Right-wing christian nuts trying to push thier wierd agenda.

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just want to also say that I might have believed their story but when I watched this couple being interviewed and hearing them talk about this photo... there's just no way I can believe their story. They sound like brainwashed fanatical bible thumpers. lol

The problem with that though is they took the picture in I think '99 or '00. Why would they hold onto this for that many years then 8 years later contact the news about it?.

Who knows? You want logic from religious wackos??
Maybe someone saw the photo of them and their dog in the family album recently, and commented on how 'demonic' pooch looked in the photo? Then, suddenly a cunning plan began to materialize in their heads...

J.

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Who knows? You want logic from religious wackos??
Maybe someone saw the photo of them and their dog in the family album recently, and commented on how 'demonic' pooch looked in the photo? Then, suddenly a cunning plan began to materialize in their heads...

J.

Jimbo

They said they saw it after looking at an album with the picture in it. Could they be religious wackos?. Yeah but nothing in that clip suggested that to me. Unless there is a longer clip out there that you saw I didn't see them advertising or a church name mentioned in the article.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I'm sticking with paranormal on this one as well. As I've stated there are many things about this that can be explained away, but on the whole I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that can debunk this in a logical fashion. Parts of the dog's head, etc, can be attributed to other things, but in the end there is no suitable explanation in my mind besides paranormal.

As far as your post concerning why it was labeled as a demon dog... it is simply because that is how the couple in the photograph labeled the entity. I'm not discounting a slew of other preternatural critters that could have caused this apparition. In fact, I kinda doubt it's a demon, but something creepy and paranormal, definitely.

Could there have been an actual dog there? Certainly, but someone would have recalled, and only people that were out of their friggin minds would let any type of dog hang out on the table next to a presumably expensive cake.

All the rational explanations in the world can't fully explain this. We may want them too, but during the course of this thread reading the many possibilities I have been convinced that this is an authentic unexplainable photo.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

I'm sticking with paranormal on this one as well. As I've stated there are many things about this that can be explained away, but on the whole I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that can debunk this in a logical fashion. Parts of the dog's head, etc, can be attributed to other things, but in the end there is no suitable explanation in my mind besides paranormal.

Yeah I have to agree some of the stuff can be explained but not everything.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I was almost hoping someone would have some explanation that would make absolute sense, and we could all say, "Oh that's what that is." We could dismiss it and forget about it. I just don't see that happening, I'm officially filing this one way in my mind as proof of something paranormal. What? I don't know for sure.... good, bad, indifferent... I don't know. Angel, demon, spirit, avatar of a deity... don't know that either, but it is something.... and for the time being that's good enough for me.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Maybe the camera itself was cursed with an evil spirit?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I was almost hoping someone would have some explanation that would make absolute sense, and we could all say, "Oh that's what that is." We could dismiss it and forget about it. I just don't see that happening, I'm officially filing this one way in my mind as proof of something paranormal. What? I don't know for sure.... good, bad, indifferent... I don't know. Angel, demon, spirit, avatar of a deity... don't know that either, but it is something.... and for the time being that's good enough for me.

Oh come on now.

If you have ever had a terrier of some sort (I have had 4), you would know its a dog. This hell dog/demon dog is text book terrier. You can see the teeth, tongue, features in face and forehead that resemble your ball loving terrier with endless energy. I still don't know why everyone thinks he/she looks evil. Come play 30 mins with a tennis ball in my field and my dog will look down right like the devil, tongue and all flopping/drooping. But you will love him.

Do yourself a favor before writing this off, go to your local doggie shelter, and go check out the terrier family. It IS a dog, and it surely isn't a ghost dog either. No room for Forest Whitaker. Haha! Love that movie tho.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i just think its creepy how the dog or watever it is appers to be looking directly into the camera as if he wanded to be in the picture

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, this is definitely a creepy video! It made me look over my left shoulder.

Excellent message, excellent photograph and I can honestly say that this is 100% authentic in my book.

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by Osiris1953

To be honest - I think it's simply a dog. I've had more than a few, and in some photos they can look evil alright
but it just a human perception. Probably a dog that was actually at the reception; they just don't remember it, that's all..

Jimbo

Ahaha, I hope you're joking.

Why would a dog be at a wedding reception? Especially with the couple completely oblivious to it? Don't you think that if there was a dog that looked similar to that one at the reception, the couple would've dismissed it as that dog instead of thinking it was Satan? Why would it be floating in mid air with its head by the man? For a dog to be standing on its hind legs tall enough to be at the man's shoulder, the head would have to be massive. Why would the dog show up in only 1 picture and not the other pictures taken in the same place?

And you can see that the eyes are yellow. Regular dogs do not have yellow eyes but demons are often portrayed as having yellow eyes.

Excellent find! I strongly believe this is a demon.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Reading the comments on what is in this picture scared the sh*t out of me. The link on the post lead me to an error message on the fox website, so I decided to read some comments before I tried again. I just had to search for it and I found it, and I have to say, the dog didn't strike me as scary as some of you described. It doesn't feel evil to me, but that's just my opinion. I do believe there is something in this picture, it just doesn't strike me as "evil" or a "demon". It is quite strange, though! Awesome post!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The picture originally linked in this thread no longer works - does anyone have an updated location for the story/link?
Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join