It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Dog in Photograph

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

Yes! Thank you! You said what I was thinking all throughout reading this thread--that whatever it is, we instinctively see it as a face, as we are all pre-programmed to respond to faces, and generally see them first. I am reminded of many things I learned in my psychology college career, like the cognitive optical illusion, the Rubin vase (or figure-ground) vase where you can see either 2 faces or a vase--both are valid. more about Rubin Vase

I'm sorry if someone has already said this; I haven't finished the entire thread, but here's my thoughts:

In my psychology classes we were taught that what we see first in such "ambiguous" pictures is a projection of ourselves--this has been used in therapy for children who have trouble expressing their problems. Its almost all subjective of course.

So if this is true, and he interpreted this as a "demon dog" behind him, then he probably have somewhere known he was doing something he felt was wrong, maybe even by extension a sin. The "dog" portion was something easy for his mind to cope with, so for him it became a demon dog, and it inspired him to stop doing whatever he felt was wrong/sinful/demonic.

I am choosing to see this picture and its causes as proof of the projection theories/testing/therapy methods (like Rorschach and Thematic Apperception Tests).

Or maybe its paranormal. I can't see it as a photo manip. I entertained the idea of someone standing behind them and holding something up.

Whatever it is, it helped not only the gentleman in the video, but me dig up and apply some of the knowledge I gained from my bachelor's degree, thus making it not completely useless. Thousands of dollars have been put to good use today.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by purple girl

Sorry that other thread you are referring to is now closed. I actually had a hand in that. I appealed to the OP about how the thread had just become people flinging poo back and forth at each other so to speak. It certainly was interesting, but had gotten out of hand. She agreed with me and had it closed via WorldWatcher. Thanks for posting though. It seems this thread is slowly dying as well. Had a good run though, and people brought up many good points.

Thanks again Osiris for stepping in and requesting that my thread be closed! I agreed because things were starting to get nasty again.. that's for sure!

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itamirisse

In my psychology classes we were taught that what we see first in such "ambiguous" pictures is a projection of ourselves--this has been used in therapy for children who have trouble expressing their problems. Its almost all subjective of course.

I can't believe that we would all see the same thing and not be able to debunk it. I know that I came in here thinking it would be that but for the life of me I cannot see anything that would make the face of whatever it is. I think we are all calling it a demon dog as that is what the guy says it is. Personally all I see is a dog with yellow eyes who knows if it's evil or not.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Even after this many pages I still see it as a dog as well. Many good points have been brought up to at least consider it to be something to the contrary, but in the end none of them can fully explain what we are seeing. I agree, and thanks for sticking around for the entire thread sandman.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

You're welcome.... and thanks for posting on my thread.
As well as adding me as a friend, it is appreciated. As long as you showed up here however, what do you think of the demon dog pic? What's your opinion, fake, real, or somewhere in between?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok call me paranoid weird whatevere you want but when you watch that video hit play press the forward skip button 3times and when it is zooming in you notice the dog of course but whatevere that object is next to the man and dog when zooming in looks alot like a ghost-like creature, like what people put over there heads for halloween

Thx for readin

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by sandman441

Even after this many pages I still see it as a dog as well. Many good points have been brought up to at least consider it to be something to the contrary, but in the end none of them can fully explain what we are seeing. I agree, and thanks for sticking around for the entire thread sandman.

haha hey no problem I'm just trying to hit 200 posts so I can get into the chatroom. It is a interesting thread though as nobody can really debunk the picture.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
well, I still think it's some type of dragon. I don't know how he got into the picture. he could have been moving from one parallel universe to another and decided to take a peek at what was going on during the wedding. he looks confused and maybe he was just being playful with the couple. dragons are funny that way.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
After looking at the picture for a few minutes, I think that I see the couple standing in front of a table. Is this correct? If so, then the dog in question could have been sitting on the table in just such a position to have his head just over this man's shoulder, which would have allowed him to get lucky enough to get into the photo.

It doesn't have to be anything paranormal to make an impact on a life. If he believes that it was a demon, then it was, whether a dog was there or not. "Perception is reality" as they say.

Bravo on an excellent thread though!!

More to come??

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
dragons don't need to stand on tables. that's why i'm saying he's a dragon. he could have been standing on his snakelike body and just looking up. think of a cobra standing up on his body and taking a peek. that would explain why he has no ears too. and a snout.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Or it could be as simple as a dog with his ears pulled back because it's straining to see over the guy's shoulder?

Before we rush to such extravagant ideas, maybe we should completely debunk the more reasonable ones first.

And before anyone gets offended, I'm not saying that any of these ideas are bad; I'm merely saying that we should exhaust all simple explanations first before we jump to the other more radical ones. In this case, I don't think the dog explanation has adequately been explained away.

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
but borg, the guy has said there was no dog there. it's in the video. two people have claimed that there was no one behind them. and real dogs don't like to get pictures and they never look over someone's shoulders in that manner. so that scracthes that idea right?

it's not a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It possible that because its a wedding, it was very busy, many pictures got taken, therefore it would be very likely they wouldn't notice or remember a dog around, the dog is not exactly as close to the shoulder as one may think, so he wouldn't have noticed it.

Also with it being a busy day the camera man might not remember.

I can imagine them seeing this picture days after the event, and because of the unique position right behind the shoulder, it startles them because they don't remember the dog. Because of this and the position the dogs in, this makes them believe its something paranormal, if the dog was anywhere else in the picture it might not have the same effect on them.

I'm not saying its not paranormal, I'm simply stating a possibility that cannot be ignored, and yet again other possibilities cant be ignored either. Therefore this can NEVER be solved without contact with these people.

But its a good thread and makes a good discussion.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
No. The last dog I had loved to get his picture taken. He actually would pose for them with other people. Plus, how do you explain so many similarities between this "thing" and the appearance of a dog? To my very untrained eye, this appears to be a dog sitting behind this couple, looking over his shoulder at something/someone. There's nothing here that suggests otherwise. Besides, they were getting their pictures taken. For all they know, the dog could have hopped up there long enough for the pic, and then hopped away before they saw it.

Just some food for thought. I'm just seeking a rational explanation to this photo.

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I been to many wedding...never saw any dogs running around. if there was a dog in the wedding people would have seen him. it's impossible that no one saw this dog in the room. it was a reception in a small room. how can you not see a dog on top of a table. there was no dog there i'm sure from what i've heard from his interview on George Nori's show.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
It possible that because its a wedding, it was very busy, many pictures got taken, therefore it would be very likely they wouldn't notice or remember a dog around, the dog is not exactly as close to the shoulder as one may think, so he wouldn't have noticed it.

It was his inlaws? some type of a family thing so I would think they would remember there being a dog. Though I'm not entirely sure where the reception was held if it was a house with a dog I would think they would have known there was one there. It could be a dog but I think it's unlikely and especially where the dog was near I would think people would remember seeing a dog.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well, then we have to call into question the validity of those making these claims. Perhaps they have some ulterior motives for making these outlandish claims? Maybe they are looking to boost local business by drumming up support for a local ghost story?

All in all though, the story is only important as it is for me because the man in question had his life changed by it, or so he claims. If what he says is truly so, then it doesn't matter WHAT it was; it worked. As I said before, if he believes that it was a demon, then it was. It's as simple as that. Whether his perception is accurate for the rest of us, however, remains to be seen.

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441

It was his inlaws? some type of a family thing so I would think they would remember there being a dog. Though I'm not entirely sure where the reception was held if it was a house with a dog I would think they would have known there was one there. It could be a dog but I think it's unlikely and especially where the dog was near I would think people would remember seeing a dog.

Like I said its just one of many possibilities.
I also said, we will never truly know.
"I'm not saying its not paranormal, I'm simply stating a possibility that cannot be ignored, and yet again other possibilities cant be ignored either. Therefore this can NEVER be solved without contact with these people."

Therefore I don't know and you don't know, and we will never know unless we meet and investigate these people, anyway its still fun to speculate.

Hey Osiris I just noticed that the dogs eyes remind me of Shinigami Ryuk in Death Note lol.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
well, the couple thinks it's a demon..I don't think it's a demon at all, but they took that road and went along with it. maybe it helped them move on and be happier in their marriage..but knowing these things, I never saw the creature as EVIL at all, like I said before, he actually is having fun and he seems to have a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
well, the couple thinks it's a demon..I don't think it's a demon at all, but they took that road and went along with it. maybe it helped them move on and be happier in their marriage..but knowing these things, I never saw the creature as EVIL at all, like I said before, he actually is having fun and he seems to have a sense of humor.

Yeah it looks mischievous at worse, seems playful.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join