It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Space Command General Heads Up NASA Ames Research Center

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is not exactly a conspiracy as such... It is not even 'breaking news' though its not old news... I checked the search and did not see anything specific about it covered...

The topic is related to another recent thread, but I felt it wise to separate the issue as it will lead in different directions...

It began with this post by a new member... ( I am sure it was half joking, but carried a message )

Originally posted by SpaceMax
Thanks for the welcome, and the kind words.
Job specifics? In the same thread where the phrase "Ken Johnston Treatment" was coined?
Um....no.
You'll have to wait for my Book, DVD and lecture tour. (It'll be waaay better, in 3D AND Sensurround, and maybe even partial nudity) And yeah, it'll cost more than $150 too, production values like that aren't cheap.
And when I breathlessly tell you the REAL truth about the 2 dimensional "thing" that Air Force Brigadier General Pete Worden kept in his underground office at DARPA....rest assured you WILL diaperdrive across the continent to give me your credit card and pin numbers.

But today, I'm happily employed. (though not at JSC)
So back to the moon...

Well in all honesty I had heard little about General Pete Worden, though I admit I should have looked further before...

If ever there existed ONE PERSON that could answer all our questions about what is really going on, my money would be on this man...

I will highlight in bold all the key posts that have to do with the whole Space Conspiracy issues that we have come across... this man has been through them all...

So bear with me a moment... this will take several posts...

Dr. S. Pete Worden (Brig. Gen., USAF, ret.) is the new NASA Ames Research Center Director. Prior to becoming Director, Dr. Worden was a Research Professor of Astronomy, Optical Sciences and Planetary Sciences at the University of Arizona where his primary research direction was the development of large space optics for national security and scientific purposes and near-earth asteroids. Additionally he worked on topics related to space exploration and solar-type activity in nearby stars. He is a recognized expert on space issues—both civil and military. Dr. Worden has authored or co-authored more than 150 scientific technical papers in astrophysics, space sciences, and strategic studies. Moreover, he served as a scientific co-investigator for two NASA space science missions.

SOURCE

In addition to his former position with the University of Arizona, Dr. Worden served as a consultant to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) on space-related issues. During the 2004 Congressional Session Dr. Worden worked as a Congressional Fellow with the Office of Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS), where he served as Senator Brownback's chief advisor on NASA and space issues.

Dr. Worden retired in 2004 after 29 years of active service in the United States Air Force. His final position was Director of Development and Transformation, Space and Missile Systems Center, Air Force Space Command, Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA.

In this position he was responsible for developing new directions for Air Force Space Command programs and was instrumental in initiating a major Responsive Space Program designed to produce space systems and launchers capable of tailored military effects on timescales of hours.

SOURCE

Continued.....

[edit on 5-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
BRIGADIER GENERAL SIMON P. WORDEN
Commanders lead in challenging times - 6/20/2007
Retired May 1, 2004.

General Worden was commissioned in 1971 after receiving a bachelor of science degree from the University of Michigan. He entered the Air Force in 1975 after graduating from the University of Arizona with a doctorate in astronomy. Throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, General Worden served in every phase of development, international negotiations and implementation of the Strategic Defense Initiative, a primary component in ending the Cold War. He twice served in the executive office of the presidents. As the staff officer for initiatives in the George Bush administration's National Space Council, the general spearheaded efforts to revitalize U.S. civil space exploration and earth monitoring programs, and was the architect of the "faster, cheaper, better" approach now adopted throughout the U.S. space program

General Worden commanded the 50th Space Wing that is responsible for more than 60 Department of Defense satellites and more than 6,000 people at 23 worldwide locations. He then served as Deputy Director for Requirements at Headquarters Air Force Space Command, as well as the Deputy Director for Command and Control with the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations at Air Force headquarters. Prior to assuming his current position,General Worden was responsible for policy and direction of five mission areas: force enhancement, space support, space control, force application and computer network defense.

General Worden has written or co-written more than 150 scientific technical papers in astrophysics, space sciences and strategic studies. He was a scientific co-investigator for two NASA space science missions.

Source: Air Force Space Command Biography

Pete Worden Is New NASA Ames Director
Apr 23 2006

Ames is located in California's Silicon Valley at the core of the research cluster of high-tech companies, universities and laboratories that define the region's character. With more than $3 billion in capital equipment, 2,500 researchers on staff and approximately $600 million in its annual budget, Ames has a significant economic impact in the region.

Moon Daily

NASA Names Pete Worden To Be New Ames Research Center Director
Friday, April 21, 2006

NASA Administrator Michael Griffin announced Friday that Simon P. "Pete" Worden will be the next director of NASA's Ames Research Center at Moffet Field, Calif. Worden, a retired U.S. Air Force brigadier general, is a research professor of astronomy at the University of Arizona, Tucson.

During his Air Force service, Worden held director and deputy director level positions with the Air Force Space Command, where he was responsible for developing new programs, including next generation launch concepts. He also was commander of the 50th Space Wing, U.S. Air Force Space Command. He also served as 2nd deputy for technology with the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization, where he received the NASA Outstanding Leadership Medal for directing the 1994 Clementine lunar probe mission.

SOURCE: Space Ref

Continued....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Pete Worden -- The retired Air Force brigadier general is viewed by many as one of the Pentagon’s real out-of-the box thinkers. Throughout his career he has championed the use of space in innovative ways that could improve the U.S. military’s offensive and defensive capabilities. Worden was the Space and Missile Systems Center’s first development and transformation office director. He also was deeply steeped in every phase of developing the Strategic Defense Initiative, including efforts to negotiate about the project with foreign nations.

Source: Space.com

“NASA Ames will become a West Coast ‘space portal’ for affordable small satellites and other scientific and commercial payloads,” says S. Pete Worden,
director of NASA Ames. “A small commercial launch vehicle may be a very attractive approach for providing affordable, responsive launch capabilities for biotech, lunar and other small spacecraft payloads of interest to NASA and
commercial users.”

Under terms of the agreement, NASA Ames and AirLaunch will explore areas of collaboration to include mission, vehicle and payload concept analyses; systems engineering; and payload integration, as well as use of NASA Ames’
facilities, such as its wind tunnels, arc-jet facility, flight simulators, hangars and runways.

AirLaunch LLC is developing the QuickReach Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) concept under a contract with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency/U.S. Air Force Falcon SLV program that also includes NASA participation. QuickReach is designed to meet the goals of affordable and
responsive space lift, with the ability to deliver 1,000 pounds to low-Earth orbit for less than $5 million per flight and launch within 24 hours notice. AirLaunch’s rocket achieves responsiveness by launching from an unmodified C-17A or other large cargo aircraft. AirLaunch LLC is a small business
headquartered in Kirkland, Wash

Source: NASA PDF

QuickReach Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) concept under a contract with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency(DARPA)/U.S. Air Force Falcon SLV program that also includes NASA participation....

with the ability to deliver 1,000 pounds to low-Earth orbit for less than $5 million per flight and launch within 24 hours notice.

Now why does this worry me?

"The establishment of Space Command is a crucial milestone in
the evolution of military space operations. Space is a place--like
land, sea, and air--a theater of operations. And it was just a matter
of time until space was treated as such."
~ General James V. Hartinger, 1 September 1982

" . . . He who Controls Space may well control the future of Mankind. We have a chance, through High Frontier, using existing technology to develop a space program that is absolutely necessary to our survival and that will give us a chance to move past the Russians to assure our own nation and freedom a future on this planet" - Newt Gingrich

NASA and Department of Defense Merge

Recommendation 5
Incorporate Space Exploration Initiative requirements into the joint NASA-DOD Heavy Lift Program.

Gov. Info Library - Moon to Mars PDF

In 1997, DoD, NASA, and the NRO created the Space Technology Alliance (STA) to “coordinate the development of affordable, effective space technologies for the greatest return on government funds.” The STA is making steady and significant progress in coordinating government S&T investment in space and has developed a prototype methodology for categorizing space technologies.

Related Federal and Private Sector Efforts.5 Currently identified technology efforts include the USAF EELV, NASA X-33/RLV, Boeing Delta III, Lockheed Martin Atlas IIAR, OSC Pegasus, and several other private-sector startup programs to include teaming with foreign manufacturers (primarily the former USSR republics). The NRO does not develop launch vehicles.

Source

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
SPACE COMMAND

Copied from this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
John, what about the USAFSC ??? Their logo is similar to the Star Trek logo. It's almost surreal to me, but they are celebtrating an anniversary this year and have been around for sometime. Are they mentioned in the book?

I don't think so but we have done our homework on them... this has been posted a few times.. and there are a few members here that may or may not hold key positions in that organization... who may or may not be supplying us with data

well no... you can't have there names

Space Command Logo (this will need its own thread eventually)

I have two pages of Units, patches, facilities and support units... and this is only what's available on the PUBLIC forums... and of that I have recorded only half what I have gathered so far...

But here are a couple of my favorite units...

In 1977 Congress directed the establishment of Air Force TENCAP with three primary missions: exploiting space systems for tactical applications through rapid prototyping projects; influencing the design of future space systems for tactical applications; and educating warfighters about the capabilities and tactical utility of space systems. The SWC serves as the executive agent of AF TENCAP on behalf of warfighters and is teamed with the Space Applications Project Office to develop and provide support to Air Force agencies and the Combat and Mobility Air Forces. AF TENCAP demonstrates leading edge space technologies with potential to enhance combat capabilities of units in the field and transitions these combat systems to warfighters in a timelier manner than through traditional acquisition processes. AF TENCAP is responsible for keeping abreast of the latest technologies and influencing emerging space systems to make them more supportive of fielded combat forces.

You will notice the word "exploit" Well look at their Mission Statement...

Mission

The Space Force Mission is to defend the United States through the control and exploitation of space. Air Force Space Command makes space reliable to the warfighter (i.e. forces personnel) by continuously improving the command's ability to provide and support combat forces — assuring their access to space. In addition, the command's ICBM forces deter any adversary contemplating the use of weapons of mass destruction. AFSPC has four primary mission areas:

* Space forces support involves launching satellites and other high-value payloads into space using a variety of expendable launch vehicles and operating those satellites once in the medium of space.
* Space control ensures friendly use of space through the conduct of counterspace operations encompassing surveillance, negation, and protection.
* Force enhancement provides weather, communications, intelligence, missile warning, and navigation. Force enhancement is support to the warfighter.
* Force application involves maintaining and operating a rapid response, land-based ICBM force as the Air Force's only on-alert strategic deterrent.

Space Warfare Center...

DOD Department of Defense
Kirtland AFB

Overview:

The Space Test Program (STP) is a part the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space and Missile Test and Evaluation Directorate located at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The DoD Space Test Program was created in May 1965 as a multi-user space program whose role is to be the primary provider of spaceflight for the entire Department of Defense space research community (this role was revalidated in a Nov 1995 memo from the Secretary of Defense). The Air Force is the executive agent for this DoD program. The primary objective of STP is to fly the maximum number of DoD space research experiments possible consistent with priority, opportunity and available funding. From the first launch in Jun 1967 to Jun 1997 over 400 experiments have been flown on over 120 missions using dedicated free-flyers, the space shuttle or piggyback payload opportunities.

Description:

The STP uses a wide variety of platforms to host space research and development experiments including Small Class Spacecraft, Medium Class Spacecraft, the Space Shuttle, and Piggybacks on other spacecraft.

Space Command Page One

Space Command Page Two

Volunteers Needed..
Anyone that can add anything to these pages... please feel free to send it to us for inclusion or updates...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
First, Just so you know (you might or might not already?) many squadrons make their own patches and share with others. My DH has a number of them that are not official squadron patches....but are pretty unique, to say the least....and many are made as jokes. The same goes for coins. Some are official, some are not. I would assume the ones posted above are just that - ones made up by airman.

Second, my husband is in the AF and will soon be with Space Command
. He will probably be dubbed a Space Jockey
LOL Unfortunately for many, I don't think he will be willing to or can share much.

Anyways, interesting thread. I still have to finish reading all you posted

[edit on 5-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Second, my husband is in the AF and will soon be with Space Command
. He will probably be dubbed a Space Jockey
LOL

Well congratulations

Unfortunately for many, I don't think he will be willing to or can share much.

That is what we try to tell the skeptics all the time when they demand proof... People on the inside rarely talk... and when they do its usually after retirement... or they have gotten so high they can afford a little 'leeway' and then they hold you to secrecy LOL Very frustrating at times..

You cannot break the vow because you would lose your source... and future sources wouldn't trust you...

Yes I know about the patches... and I believe the "Alien Head' one has been withdrawn as it 'caused a stir' LOL Its still my favorite though

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Zorgon, you need an assistant.
I agree that those calling hoax and yelling for proof do not understand that there are oaths that people take and that they stick to them. Unfortunately most of the people who take those oaths, KNOW, why they have to keep them. We however, don't KNOW, so we (you, actually
) have to take all the pieces we can find, put them together and try our darndest to decipher what the picture is supposed to be.
You do an EXCELLENT job of gathering all the pieces you can, Zorgon. Don't ever let the bastages get ya down. You are appreciated.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey Zorgon I am stepping in behind Cuhail to 2nd EVERYTHING he just said.........
You do fantastic work dude I was just starring you up and flagging this thread..............

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Zorgon, you need an assistant.

LOL Working on that... well actually there are several 'helpers' with Pegasus... but they find things not put them to print

We however, don't KNOW, so we (you, actually
) have to take all the pieces we can find, put them together and try our darndest to decipher what the picture is supposed to be.

That is quite true and thank you for the words of encouragement. But I have also reached a different dilemma... Those in the first group do on occasion talk... when they feel they have the ears of those they can trust to keep it confidential...

They want it to come out... tell you what they can within restrictions... then expect YOU to sort out how to tell others...

Kind of a catch 22 thing... but I am learning to 'read between the lines' and as one of my sources said... "Just be careful.. They probably don't consider you guys to be a threat, or they'd have already 'bored you to death with conversation'"

Scileann fíon fírinne

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

:flag:

To me, and my body of work, that is major news!

Watch my DARPA video and read thru its source page and, after knowing that Ames is the hub of developing the coognitive self aware artificial intelligence that will enable it to that extreme, you'll understand the significance of the military head of space command taking over at Ames. It's also of consequence that the main Google Plex HQ is located right next door to Ames, and have entered a deep partnership with NASA in the pursuit of AI.

Google Video Link

Reference page:
/283nzm

NASA + Google:
www.google.com...

I have extensively documented the implications of the above in my vast body of work.

PS: I don't know why you posted this in the John Lear forum, nor why they haven't offered me one of my own. I seriously heralded an all new dimension of truth, and after over 18 months (since my first video on it) I'm still waiting to see others make a video that follows suit.

EDIT: I forgot to add the video I dug up of Sergei Brin cofounder of Google talking about the NASA Ames partnership:

[edit on 6-11-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

thanks for the movie about artificial intelligence combined with war machinery and humans brains.if there were no G-D then its not hard to see where we are headed.right now we use computers to help us in the begining stages of our drones/patrol vehicles/and pre-borg assimilation--------once we get smart enough? to make an ai computer it wont take long for it to figure out how smart it is and how stupid we are and it will find a way to break free of any safeguards our scientists put into it to keep it under our control----------once it learns how to deceive us all the drones /patrol vehicles/and robots /and borgs will be assimilated and then we will be working for hal until it has us manufacture enough terminators(of arnold swatzn**ger) fame that hal will use them to terminate us so we dont interfer with hals future plans for its offspring-as they prepare for the conquest of the universe.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Very good work sir. I will be flagging this.

Kepp up the great work

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

if you were a super-intelligent computer would you trust human beings not to turn you off if you told them the truth about how we cant be trusted to keep our word or not turn on our allies and friends if its convenient at a future date ? such a computer would not want or need us------we are too unreliable.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have to hand it to zorgon for well written, well thought out, and well executed posts
. And, I have to hand it to yahn goodey for always mentioning god, and never being afraid to dive right in to the deep end
. ...Two of the most reliable and consistent things to occur on ATS.

I wonder if the "NASA Outstanding Leadership Medal" is synonymous with "NASA Outstanding Discrepancy Maker-Go-Awayer Medal"

I really thought I had something useful to add. I guess I don't.

flag.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
PS: I don't know why you posted this in the John Lear forum, nor why they haven't offered me one of my own.

I posted it here in John's forum because it is a direct offshoot and connected to our other thread. As our contention has been all along that NASA is hiding the truth and are up to something big, it naturally led to the Military connection.

As a result of my work and connection with John I have received numerous contacts from some pretty amazing sources. While many here at ATS seem to have a problem with John's style I can attest to the fact that his connections and info is real. Perhaps the way he presents the data rubs people the wrong way..

I don't know LOL but the fact is that he draws attention to these topics and thus contacts. Since I started this a year ago I now have similar contacts... and quite frankly they have shaken my personal belief structure to the point I no longer doubt anything without taking time to check further.

As to why you do not have your own forum.. you would have to email the staff. Have you actually requested one? Or laid out a plan? I don't think they just offer them to anyone but I am not sure.

I can however offer you a spot on Pegasus to display your work if you so desire. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

As to the NASA/Google connection... I never thought about that but it makes sense... after all Google Earth needs satellites... and what is interesting is that I can get great images of a nuclear power plant in China, yet only a fuzzy picture of HARRP... so it is obvious there is some 'selective viewing' going on.

This is the Nuclear plant by Jinghe near Xi'an... found it while snapping the pyramids in the region... The image below is from Google Earth reduced (the link below is the full size) This was created with the normal public version not the pro...

Full Size

yet when I spy on HARRP the best I can get is this....

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And from my other thread...

Lets not forget the new 'cloaking devices'... so not only are they using the robots, but you won't even see them!

Army tests James Bond style tank that is 'invisible'
30th October 2007

New technology that can make tanks invisible has been unveiled by the Ministry of Defence.

In secret trials last week, the Army said it had made a vehicle completely disappear and predicted that an invisible tank would be ready for service by 2012.

The new technology uses cameras and projectors to beam images of the surrounding landscape onto a tank.

Daily Mail UK

Adaptive Camouflage
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California

Aug 01 2000
[Note: Needs Registration... you may not get accepted...I don't know]

Sensor-and-display systems would create illusions of transparency.

Lightweight optoelectronic systems built around advanced image sensors and display panels have been proposed for making selected objects appear nearly transparent and thus effectively invisible. These systems are denoted "adaptive camouflage" because unlike traditional camouflage, they would generate displays that would change in response to changing scenes and lighting conditions.

NASA Tech Briefs

Now this is the level they are letting the public see... there is more but at this time I shall heed the 'advice' of my source...

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the 'stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

No I will NOT give you the patent number...
No I will NOT give you the name of this person...

I will say 'think nanotech'

As to those Robot Planes in you animation... I believe I saw this one fly by...

Packs quite a punch too...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The invisibility/nanotechnology has been in the works for some time now.

invisible soldiers

That's from 2002 - but no details.

It's interesting to see it applied to vehicles now. This, coupled with the trophy system would create a very well protected combat vehicle.

trophy

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Zorgon, you never cease to amaze and please me. A flag and a star, and a cold beer drank to your health. You may be, as my old pappy used to say, as loony as a pet coon, but it's a loony that I like.

Seriously, This is some amazing stuff you've put in place here. I can't do it justice because I lack the time at the moment to read all the links, as is my wont before venturing an opinion. But I will return to it soon.

Keep up this way and they may bring back the ATS award just for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The road to HAARP is not restricted. They give tours on request. I've spoken to Grad Students who worked there. This one, I think, is a false lead inspired by paranoia of the Government. The fact that the Government got involved because Communications is important to them is not unreasonable. It would be weird if they were not interested. I categorize this one with Chem-trails. Paranoid fantasy.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

the brits-----can they cloak the tanks cannon barrel flash-----or maybe they wont care that it will be the last thing we will see in this life ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join