It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Exo-planets discovered by WASP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

These extra-solar planets were seen to pass in front of, or transit, their host star. Studying such planets outside of our Solar System allows scientists to investigate how planetary systems form. WASP is the first team to detect planets in both the Northern and Southern Hemisphere using this technique

This is awesome. If these planets are like ours, then there is definitely life on them. Our technology is spreading so fast. I'd be shocked if we didn't make public first contact by 2020. I mean, this is just so interesting, I hope the kids today are inspired by astronomy. There isn't much about it in mainstream.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The article you linked states that the planets are not like ours, but that there may be smaller planets further from the host star where life is a possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
For a planet to affect its sun and be detectable from Earth, it has to be something the size of Jupiter or bigger. Smaller Earth like planets aren't detectable from here yet.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They are a little bigger than Earth, but they can still be earthlike, size is not essential for life. The anthropic princiiple doesn't say anything about size of a planet.

top topics

join