It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of Lost Library of Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
you're misconstruing the truth from claims made by pseudohistorians by the sound of it.
all seismic surveys of the sphinx have to be authorised by the Egyptian antiquities commission so any information you have heard is because of them. here is a credible site which tells you about all the surveys seismic or otherwise carried out on the Sphinx, but as it only contains real information and not pseudobabble i doubt you should read it. The truth may scare you a little. theres more chance of a spaceship being hidden in hollywood if you ask me, at least no one there would pay any attention. In fact its probably on the best planet guide at severl local star systems

www.touregypt.net...

if you're going to go the pseudo route then how do you suddenly get from apache helicopters and lightbulbs in tombs to high tech spacecraft. didn't you guys ever hear of a timeline ?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Howdy JadePhoenix

Limestone tends to have water eroded holes in it, there probably are some holes under the Sphinx - as is much of that limestone plateau. What Zahi found was that there were holes but with no connection to the surface (I'm doing this from memory so I'll stand by to be corrected if anyone can come up with the actual report).

As to the link you provided some comments about the blatantly false story about Hibbens.

I

n a 1936 expedition in Sandia Cave, a cave in the Sandia Mountains, experienced archeologist Wesley Bliss excavated the Sandia Cave and reported his findings to University of New Mexico project head Dr. Brand. Another student Frank C. Hibben who was not involved in the initial excavation, but rather later work in the cave; he later reported to have found the famous Sandia spearpoint beneath a layer of material dating greater than 25,000 years old, along with the bones of camels, mastadons, and prehistoric horses. However the bones (carbon dating from 14,000-20,000 years ago (16,000-14,000 BCE) and together with his incacurate identification of the historical sedimentary layers and the published notes of Bliss and others in reference to the poor layer integrity and contamination associated with rodent burrowing, the supposed spearpoint from the suggested 25,000 year old sedimentary layer was erroneously reported by Hibben. Ref. A Chronological Problem Presented by Sandia Cave, New Mexico. American Antiquity, 1940a 5(3):200-201. Ref. Sandia Cave. Correspondence in American Antiquity, 1940b 6(1):77-78.

Frank Hibben's publication of the Clovis point as dated older than 25,000 years ago is used as some of the strongest evidence for the existence of a pre-Folsom culture in North America (as contended by the authors of the controversial Forbidden Archaeology). However, his papers were false representations of the initial excavation work of Dr. Wesley Bliss, who noted the proper layers, and the poor layer integrity in areas, among other findings that were erroneously misconstrued and reported by Frank Hibben to meet his theory. Dr. Bliss did not find any of the spearpoints in the layers reported later by Hibben. It is now believed that the spearpoints were not as old as was originally reported by Hibben, and it is believed that Hibben's sloppy work and false testament to man's history in North America has greatly hindered the accuracy of our understanding of prehistoric North America. Frank Hibben's was generously rewarded for this false work, which assisted him greatly in starting his famous and impressive career, supported by the University of New Mexico. However a coverup of the errors in Hibben's work ensued for 60 years, until it has finally been openly acknowledged and reported. Ref. The Mystery of Sandia Cave. New Yorker, 71(16):66-83

As noted above Hibben's career wasn't destroyed at all

Hibben's honored at University of New Mexico

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Greetings Kerkinana Walsky

as it only contains real information and not pseudobabble i doubt you should read it. The truth may scare you a little.

lol truth does not scare me

if you're going to go the pseudo route then how do you suddenly get from apache helicopters and lightbulbs in tombs to high tech spacecraft. didn't you guys ever hear of a timeline ?

so do you follow the status quo of the hunter gathers walking out of the bush and developing a highly advanced society basically overnight?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
so do you follow the status quo of the hunter gathers walking out of the bush and developing a highly advanced society basically overnight?

err no I don't
and neither do any orthodox historians either
maybe you should find out what they are saying before you attempt to say they are wrong

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

neither do any orthodox historians either

I was not talking about orthodox historians, I was talking about Egyptology.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
neither do Egyptologists

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Greetings Kerkinana Walsky

So what theory do you believe in Kerkinana Walsky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join