It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa a bad role model for kids??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Forgive me for this, but I am still trying to find a link for this article. I was listening to the Rush Limbaugh show on my lunch break today and heard an interesting article out of England I believe.

Apparently there is a group there who believes Santa is a bad role model for children. Why you ask? They say because he is overweight. That's right….Santa….overweight.

They are implementing a new rule that all Santa's in stores and other venues must be "fit and lean". They feel that since kids look up to Santa so much, they may have an unconscious desire to become overweight like he is.

I wish I was making this up...

I'll keep trying to find a link for this. In the meantime, I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Personally I think it's bordering on insanity.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know if the real(yeah, I know) Santa is a bad role model but this one sure is.

Seriously, it isn't Santa, it's all the damn video and computer games.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You're right.

Kids...with their darned MTV and hula hoops.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I can't wait for a fat tax. It's likely in the works, as every other "sinful" action and product is taxed. Oh, and most of the tobacco tax isn't going to help ex-smokers, it's used for a lot of things the politicians want in their home state. I can see a tax at Micky Ds because it's unhealthy.

Skinny Santa, huh? Well, he needs to have a blue suit too, as someone must have realized by now, he is advocating the "Red Menace" by handing out toys in the one he uses now. And we can't have the idea put in little heads that communists give presents to children.

new topics

top topics

join