It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for Jesus Christ to return in 40 days, or for a great sign in the sky signaling his return.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Is it?

The flawed system of man is doomed, the constantly reaching government of mankind, stretching it's collective hand towards perfection, peace, harmony. If man is divided against himself in his own mind, which we all are, we all have conflicts, he can not band together as a single organism and hope to survive and live on in perfect peace.

edit: unless Christ is the king of this man kind. Which he is. Thus, the cancer that plagues creation will be cut off. Sin will cease to be. If you sin, you become sin, Christ is the true saviour, accept his sacrifice, and you are made anew.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by depth om]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
35 days to go on this...

so what are we going to do when this little prediction doesn't come to pass?
will it be "too many nay sayers"?
or "our faith wasn't strong enough"?
maybe "i shouldn't have tested god" would work out...

hmm

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If there's blame it won't come from me. I won't think anything of it if it doesn't come to pass. It is as I stated, a prayer not a prediction and was made with sincerity and faith, not as a test.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

ah, so you're going with the "i'm not making a guarantee" defense.
fair enough, but it's a bit odd that you'll sing enormous praises if it comes to pass but there's absolutely no negative point to it NOT coming to pass...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by sexysadie

ah, so you're going with the "i'm not making a guarantee" defense.
fair enough, but it's a bit odd that you'll sing enormous praises if it comes to pass but there's absolutely no negative point to it NOT coming to pass...

ODD!!! You say It’s a bit odd that I’ll sing enormous praises if Jesus Christ does come back, or gives us a massive sign in the sky? I don’t think that’s odd at all, I think a lot of people would be singing praises.

No negativity if it doesn’t? I’d be sad, but not faithless.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexysadie
ODD!!! You say It’s a bit odd that I’ll sing enormous praises if Jesus Christ does come back, or gives us a massive sign in the sky? I don’t think that’s odd at all, I think a lot of people would be singing praises.

No negativity if it doesn’t? I’d be sad, but not faithless.

i'm saying that it's odd that you're not giving equal weight to both possibilities.
it's actually the entire premise of the "power" of prayer and how anyone can possibly support the concept.
if something appears to go right, it's an enormous plus
if something doesn't go right... it's no problem at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well it could indicate (to certain people) many bad things if it doesn’t happen. Perhaps I’m not worthy of a response, perhaps god isn’t real. But being committed to ones faith is up to the individual, and I’m sure I’ll continue to believe as I’ve already had a religious experience, that's where the optimism comes from.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join