It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for Jesus Christ to return in 40 days, or for a great sign in the sky signaling his return.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As the millenniums pass, even the most devout Christian has to wonder just when if ever Christ will return. There has to be some point at which we say, “either god loves us, and will return to us his only son as the bible promises, or god is not real, or he enjoys watching us suffer.” Throughout history men have tried in vain to predict the day of Christ’s second coming, but alas the masses are left with only silence and questions such as; How many tyrannical leaders will god allow to rule? How many greedy men will be allowed to make their fortunes on the backs of the poor? How many government’s will god allow to rule by deceit and terror? How many lies can be told, how many acts of violence can be perpetrated on children, or against other innocent people without a response from god? How many naysayer will be allowed to mock the testimony of the prophets without rebuttal, or use the bible to start wars, win elections, and sell automobiles?

I believe in God, and I’m not testing him when I request this, it is in fact a prayer when I invite him to send Christ back within forty days, or give us a great sign in the sky (within 40 days) signaling his return, or both. Certainly if nothing happens it will give more ammunition to the unbelievers, but if something does happen, perhaps it will give faith to many more. Perhaps if we are given a sign, we can go further and win more dialogue with our seemingly distant creator. Either way if nothing happens it won’t alter the faith of a true believer, or the views of a nonbeliever.

Even if only one other person on A.T.S joins this movement, it will give it power. If many join it will create a wave of energy. Come join the movement. All I ask is that you pray with deep sincerity during these days that god reveals himself in a spectacular fashion within forty days starting today November 5th at 3:00 P.M. central time, and ending December 14, 3 PM C.T.

My definition of ‘a great sign’ - A truly wondrous sight in the sky beyond just a pulsating comet that captures the attention of the entire globe.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
With a name like sexysadie, im sure Jesus christ will heed your call.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
With a name like sexysadie, im sure Jesus christ will heed your call.

Maybe I should change it to Pat Robertson.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This would be great except there ALREADY exist tons of sightings in the sky, including comet Holmes that could be taken as a sign.

So knowing this are you going to claim the sign is this Holmes comet?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No it has to be a massive event - the likes of which men have not seen since the bible - bigger than just a comet in the sky.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know him

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah god, if your real, make an appearance once in awhile.
Apparently you sent your son here about 2000 years ago and we can't even prove it was as the bible says that he was.

Yeah, 40 days, fer Christs sake, say hello, or something, and don't send a comet, those are just interpretations, send proof.

Thanx god dude!

Easter bunny; your next!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
On the serious side...

The human being always wants something big to happen or a giant sign that there is a higher being that rules over us. Yet, maybe it's the small things in creation that is the proof. Just like Satan wanted Jesus to prove his divinity by turning a rock into a loaf of bread you are asking for the same.

I think there is more to it than signs, beliefs, scripture and faith to this.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Alright Toadmund does that mean your in? At least out of anger?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
On the serious side...

The human being always wants something big to happen or a giant sign that there is a higher being that rules over us. Yet, maybe it's the small things in creation that is the proof. Just like Satan wanted Jesus to prove his divinity by turning a rock into a loaf of bread you are asking for the same.

I think there is more to it than signs, beliefs, scripture and faith to this.

I think we are well overdue for a big sign, we certainly are given massive calamities that can be interpreted as god not caring.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That would be God not caring in your personal perspective right?

Maybe freewill is more than what we bargained for. We are architects of our won destiny. If you are waiting for something, like a big sign, I wouldn't hold my breath. One never gets what one wants.

I would rather take a few moments of my existence to ponder on my need to see proof or a sign.

Why do you want a sign?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
sexysadie, It means I am an agnostic, not an atheist, I just require proof, I never get that.
So I am left believing it may or may not be just an elaborate fairy tale.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

I want a sign, not to further my own belief, but to strengthen the faith of an almost godless society. Must god always be invisible?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexysadie
reply to post by jamiros

I want a sign, not to further my own belief, but to strengthen the faith of an almost godless society. Must god always be invisible?

I wonder what would happen if the Christian god decided to show 'himself'....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We would all die... isn't that what the Bible says about when you see the face of God?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It would be nice to get a sign, just a little encouragement, but I don't think Jesus works that way. But, a sign would be so amazing! Keep looking up, your redemption draweth near!

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Blueangel7]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
We would all die... isn't that what the Bible says about when you see the face of God?

really? Well that's cute. I'd want to see the one who made me, not die by seeing its face

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey Sexy, I am with you! I will promise to pray for the return of JC and or a sign from GOD....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
It would be nice to get a sign, just a little encouragement, but I don't think Jesus works that way. Anyway,

Well I think we should, from time-to-time try some different things to get a response. Do we not have the right to collectively ask him to return? Maybe that's all he's been waiting for. It's worth a shot. Beats listening to a watered down sermon.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Isn't that what faith is? Belief without encouragement?

If he does show Himself I think there will still be people doubting it. I think from day 1 that the church was established it has imposed it's own agenda and beliefs of what God should look like and what he must or mustn't do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join