It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On Course To Raise Millions In One Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul On Course To Raise Millions In One Day

infowars.com

Presidential candidate Ron Paul is set to raise millions of dollars today via an unaffiliated online grassroots donation drive which has already seen 18,000 people commit to giving the Paul campaign at least $100.

At around 9.30 AM EST today donations to Ron Paul's campaign surpassed $1 million for the day and have continued to rocket toward the $2 million mark throughout the morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The other topic did NOT provide a link source, and from what I heard from moderators, if that is the case, a new topic can be made with a link source. If a moderator disagrees and closes my topic while added my link source to the other topic, I will have no dispute.

This is incredible. The current record is from John Kerry during the main run, which was 3 million. Ron Paul seems that he will be bypassing that shortly.

infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nah... don't close this thread. Open four or five more.

Come on all you 'lets-have-a-revolution-and-save-the-country' people. It's time to walk-the-walk. Doesn't matter what you give. Just give. They take PayPal and all credit cards. You can even send them a check.

The revolution is now and it starts with you. Climb on or sit down.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can see Ron Paul winning the Republican nomination (maybe, not sure how many Republicans support his anti-war position), but I don't believe there's any way in heck that he would beat the Democratic candidate. RP has extreme positions that I believe, quite frankly, scare a lot of people. One might be tempted to think that he has the election sewn up based off of the strong support the man has on this board, but you must remember that ATS is not very representative of America at large.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He can win if enough people believe he can win. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ron Paul!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by totalvigilance

He's a lot less scary than the rest of the bunch. And yes, he has a lot of support here, but you don't think this is the only place do you? Do you think ATSers are raising $3M by themselves? I sent $25.00, all I could spare.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The amount of support you send is doesn't matter -- it's the thought that counts. Although sending in more money would help, I'm sure Ron Paul would rather get $5M from people who want it than $50M from corporations.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Who you think is the most scary all depends on your political philosophy. I can't see a lot of people (well, the libertarians but they are still just a vocal minority) getting behind abolishing welfare, Medicaid and the Department of Education. Furthermore, would a majority of America support widespread drug legalization? My money says no.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, Ron Paul's up to 2.4M for the first 16 hours. If it stays on course, it should be at least over 3.5M by the day's close (and will continue for another 3 hours due to West Coast influence).

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalvigilance
Who you think is the most scary all depends on your political philosophy. I can't see a lot of people (well, the libertarians but they are still just a vocal minority) getting behind abolishing welfare,

Federal welfare? Why not?

Medicaid

All it does is drive up the cost of health care.

and the Department of Education.

Don't see what's wrong with getting rid of it, it doesn't do anything.

Furthermore, would a majority of America support widespread drug legalization? My money says no.

Well yeah.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN: CNN REPORTING ON RON PAUL

Will post news article when available.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Cool. Yeah, this is hard to ignore.

But Fox News will show us its possible.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Typical Libertarian talking points but not typical American beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
THIS JUST IN: CNN REPORTING ON RON PAUL

Will post news article when available.

Thanks Sonic, keep us updated.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Typical Libertarian talking points but not typical American beliefs.

Well to be honest the typical American is neither educated nor interested in such matters, really. But the bottom line is that whether or not people believe it, it's the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here is my prediction chart for the day:

I think that Ron Paul's donations will lessen for the next six or so hours, then have a spike near the end. I predict that Ron Paul will finish the day with $3.6M (with three hours to go for the West Coast, so it will still rise fairly much then).

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Can't find an article on CNN about it yet. I think they might try to make it a "footnote" considering the fact that the reporter said "He's raised millions, but we will be unable to confirm that until the end of the year."

The end of the year? You've got to be kidding me.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Go to www.ronpaul2008.com it post donation update every 3 mins.You can confirm it now.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Your topic never posted an article to it, you just referred to the site itself, which is not inclusive, but then again, it's up to the moderators, and if they decide that your topic stays and mine goes, so be it.

Still nothing from the CNN website. My prediction of the graph seems to be a little off, too. I hope the pace picks up a little more at the end.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by SonicInfinity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join