It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul up 3 million

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ron Paul up 3 million

Ron Paul has raised 3 mill in one day so far.
this is amazing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
5th of nov. donation campaign a clear success I gave 20$.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushwacked

$50 a month since I decided he was my guy. Which took about 3 months of studying his every move. Naturally you shouldn't trust your politicians, but this guy is the real deal..

We can do it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's great news. It looks like the total is currently closer to 2.5 million for today. Still a great achivement, and there is still the evening to go.

The link was missing on your post.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wonder where all those people are who swore there just wasn't any grass roots support for Ron Paul? The ones that claimed it was all just some small core of supporters who swayed the call in polls by spamming?

I guess now we're a very rich core, giving all our money away.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's to Ron Paul!

An honest hero who can change the way things are.
I donated as well.

Mtmind

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yayy for him. I so want him to have a fair shot at this campaign.
He must be proud to have such undying support by the average joes.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Pretty incredible. Will the mainstream media cover it you reckon? I think maybe, but if they do, probably with some ridicule and laughter of rich ufo nuts and how the donation must have been manipulated.

This thing is TRUE democracy. Private citizens believing in a guy so much that they are willing to pay money. I think thats rare in this age.

Dr Ron Paul has cured the apathy of a lot of people.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I believe the current one day online fund raising record was John Kerry in 04 at 3 million.

Of course the largest one day total is Hilliary Clinton, who raised over 15 million in one day from penniless Chinese immigrants, and Chinese government spies.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ron paul getting in is a pipe dream.

He would be my number 1 choice, but it wount happen... the fix is already in...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by psperos

I guess this is the tactic they use now...getting people like you to believe there is nothing you can do.

Well, not everybody will fall for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by psperos

Yea... you're right. Let's all just give up and work in the salt mines. Who cares. It's hopeless. We're all doomed anyway.

Jesus Christ man. Rent some stones. Take a stand. If they told you to drop trou and bend over would you? This is EXACTLY what's wrong with this country. Everyone is either all talk or couch-anchored-defeatists.

Wake up. Take a stand. Do something anbd stop bitching.

I gave $100 today. Can't afford it at the moment but I figured WE can't afford not to. Today is the day people. The revolution has started. Either climb on or get out of the way. The 1960's was justa dress rehersal. The curtain is now going up.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just passing $2,2 million now...

Donation Graph

Not sure where the OP gets the data of 3 million?

Its pretty cool that Paul raised $5 million in the third quarter... I think this fourth quarter will easily beat that.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let's see, Ron Paul wins the election, but it is contested by Clinton on some grounds, and the courts are supposed to decide again. When Clinton gets the nod from the courts, there is rioting and major protests across the nation.

Clinton is coerced into withdrawing, or shot, and GWB declares martial law, because the Clinton running mate cannot assume office as president without Clinton ever having been president. Therefore the whole election is invalid, and GWB will have to take a third term.

While this third term is to only be a two year term, "just till elections can be organized again", it will in fact become the start of a lifelong dictatorship.

Followers of Ron Paul will be in open revolt, and the government crackdown will go forward in earnest, with roundups of those who openly supported RP being the first targets.

America will slide into civil war with those states where Ron Paul was a majority winner choosing to separate from the Union. A second United states will be formed, and much like the last civil war, it will be a long drawn out affair. In the end, tired of war and with resources depleted, a stalemate will end all but "border" fighting between the two.

What a nightmare scenario to contemplate.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not sure where the Original Poster got it, but I'm not sure where the graph comes from either. It looks like from the site that they are about 2.6 million for the day. Hope it keeps going to break the 3.1 million whatever record. I think it will. I think it will finish off close to 5 million.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Saw a few supporters out this am holding up huge Ron Paul signs above the highway on my way to work.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
RP might get the nomination, but I can't see any way whatsoever that he'd win the general election. I think a lot of libertarians mistakenly believe that they are in the majority. Look, people don't want to get rid of the Department of Education, as a general rule, nor do they want to get rid of Welfare or Medicaid, as a general rule. RP supporters are very devoted and will contribute large sums of money and demonstrate but they are by no means in the majority as the scientific polls demonstrate.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by totalvigilance

I think people do like 'some' of these programs, but many are begininng to understand the cost. The cost is an overpowering federal government. It is fine to have these types of programs on a state level, where the people have more control as the constitution specifies. Ron Paul is not under the illusion that this can change over night, or even in a single term of a president. It has taken decades to build the bohemouth(?) and it will take decades to revese it. In all reality, just a small step back in the direction of constitutional government would be nice for a change.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by logicize]

[edit on 5-11-2007 by logicize]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It sort of reminds me of those old pictures of the newspaper being held aloft that read "Dewey Wins". We're talking politics here, where absolutely anything can happen.

Hanging chads.
Who would have thought that would play out on national TV? Politics is a free-for-all, and nothing is too low or dirty. And surprise is all you can expect.

No, in the end, I doubt Ron Paul will be president. He may win, but there's too many things that can go wrong. I support him because it's the right thing to do, not because I want to be on the winning side. It seems that too many people vote for who is perceived to have the best chance of winning, not who they think is best for the nation.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think this is kinda a big deal, i wonder if the MSM will notice in the coming days...

Copernicus, i think as of now, the 4th qtr has already rasied more then the 3rd quater

I wonder if the ATS event at NYC might coispond with an increase in donations in NYC?

<<   2  3 >>

join