It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstorm excpected in Europe for november?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks man, I live in Essex, about 20 miles outside of London. Just as I write this it's starting to die down here a bit too. Looks like it was just a big rain cloud passing through. Damn, ATS has made me sooo paranoid

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunknmunky
Thanks man, I live in Essex, about 20 miles outside of London. Just as I write this it's starting to die down here a bit too. Looks like it was just a big rain cloud passing through. Damn, ATS has made me sooo paranoid

Yeah that happens to most people around here
Glad it's all good down there, I moved up to Cumbria from Canvey Island a few years ago now.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Glad it's all good down there, I moved up to Cumbria from Canvey Island a few years ago now.

What I'd give to live in a place like that! I went to the Lake District a few years back and some of the lakes, mountains and views there are breathtaking

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm in Scotland and it's getting very windy up here and helluva cold. No sign of rain yet. I opened the front door today and a gust of wind slammed my back door on my wee cat. Poor fella's walking on three legs now and I'm very worried.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I live in the Northwest of the UK, nr Liverpool

Last two days has been quite cold, very windy and it's been raining on and off all day.

Nothing out of the ordinary really here then...

But the wind has been strong enough to blow over the wheelie bins in our street and it's been cold enough for me to turn the radiators on in my room (which i never do).

But, not to complain... I've got a cup of tea, what else do I need?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunknmunky

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus

What I'd give to live in a place like that! I went to the Lake District a few years back and some of the lakes, mountains and views there are breathtaking

Yeah, I love Cumbria and the Lakes, some of the most beautiful sights on earth... all formed from glacial erosion....

As for the lakes, you go there and even when it's not raining, you still manage to get wet from all the sweating inside your waterproofs...

Wouldn't like to be caught in a storm out there.

Keep safe everyone, keep warm and remember your hot drinks/whiskeys (if scottish) and hot water bottles and we'll be fine.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Corbyn is gonna mark his prophecy as being right with this storm surge

I don't know how this surge works physically, but it's not really due to solar activity is it? More due an unfortunate current running down from the north Atlantic, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow! After the Headlines today in world news I am going to be keeping my eye on this guy for sure.

Be safe in the UK and all the others along that area.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I'm in Scotland and it's getting very windy up here and helluva cold. No sign of rain yet. I opened the front door today and a gust of wind slammed my back door on my wee cat. Poor fella's walking on three legs now and I'm very worried.

I hope your cat is alright, take care of him/her. Theres something about a cats innocence that makes you very worried of harm coming to them.

I live in London I hope things stay good over here, stay safe everyone, Good night.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Looks like this guy was right on mark with his November 8-13 prediction... and this is just the first storm according to him. But hopefully it wont be a major disaster and they will be able to handle it.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Looks like this guy was right on mark with his November 8-13 prediction... and this is just the first storm according to him. But hopefully it wont be a major disaster and they will be able to handle it.

Not really right on the mark - last weekend he was still predicting a severe storm being most likely to occur on 11-12th Nov whilst at the same time as we were predicting a storm surge down the N Sea on the 8-9th
And it's the 2nd of 3 storms he predicted. No-one noticed the first one though

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Ah... I didnt know that. Thanks for the heads up. I think its probably hard to determine the exact dates for storms to happen though, and the guy did warn for a storm in November that now turns out to be very significant. Our local press here says the british are saying the flooding could be the worst they have seen in 50 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'm pleased to say my wee kitty's fine today. I was very worried. I didn't know if it was broken ribs, shoulder, or leg, but he's back to normal this morning and chasing the fallen leaves outside. Wish I was a cat.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
what intrests me is the forecasters link to an active sun cycle w/ storms

new ideas are often ridiculed, but it will be interesting to see if anything severe evolves toward the thanksgiving holiday

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The guy predicting the superstorm is a meteorologist, right? Anyone know any meteo guy truly capable of *accurately* predicting the weather for 5 days from now? I don't. They can say what weather it's going to be, but not when. 'There will be rain'. Sure. Now or next week? Not now, because it's sunny.
I am in air sports and need to ask weather reports from so-called pros, to make decisions on which lives and limbs depend. Often, they don't know where my location is (as in next to one of the most famous mountaintops in France which has a university weather station on top), or they tell me 'Hey, I just talked to another person from your area on the phone and he told me it was good weather where you are...'.
I have yet to see a weather forecast several days out that turns out to be truly correct and that does not change every three hours during the days leading up to the moment concerned. And I have a ring binder with this summer's forecasts on my desk to prove that statement.
One or two known experts excepted (and the one predicting the superstorm is not one of them) I have no trust in meteorologists.

In the general sense it's very easy to state that there will likely be stormy weather in November. Ever seen NO stormy weather at all in November in Western Europe? No rain at all? It's November, which basically means #ty weather at least some of the time, if not most.
Of course after such a statement has hit the newspapers, some of the usual bad November weather will hit within a couple of days. And people will bend over and Believe in the Potential Disaster.

Having said that, I think it's a good idea to be somewhat prepared for 'disaster' even if it's not the predicted Superstorm'. you just need a day of sticky snowfall and sleet to make a lot of weaker trees and a good handful of powerlines collapse, for instance. There are places that have a history of flooding (usually from long before humans built houses there; once the houses are built a regular flood becomes a 'disaster'), others are windy, or cold, etc.
So live on a high point where you'll keep your feet dry, have candles and flashlights and some way to keep your house warm without electricity. Assuming the house is not blown away, you will likely survive the superstorm that most don't believe in...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkeyman
The guy predicting the superstorm is a meteorologist, right?

No, he's not.

He bases his forecasts on his own personal theories that weather in Britain and Europe and be predicted months in advance based on expected solar activity ....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I read either in a newspaper or a UK news site, that the british isles will be hit with the mother of all storms over the Festive Holidays. And I cannot find the freakinlink to it. Anyone read this at any time to day or yesterday??? If so can yall provide a link I will keep looking for it.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
well rather warm here in germany and all is well

just love it when you get hyped up by some predication and then nothing happens

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spencerjohnstone

I've found this article which says there will likely be no storm this weekend.

Storm on the way - or not?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spencerjohnstone

It was in the Daily Express - more complete nonsense from Piers Corbyn (and some misquoting out of context of actual meteorologists, as usual
)

www.express.co.uk...

The weekend superstorm - looks like it could give some gusts of 50mph in the Scottish Highlands and the Shetlands !!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join