It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Hindu godess ALIVE! with photo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I thought this was amazing, I dont think it has been posted yet.

Link to story

Since her birth, residents in the remote village where Lakshmi lives have been queueing for a blessing from her.

Could this be the basis for the Hindu Godess that has been worshiped for all this time, not this girl in particular but a girl who was also challenged in this way?

Way back, without the medical science did they have the intuition to determine that this was not a miracle?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Cool.

This is another one in India, Hanuman, the monkey god.

www.users.bigpond.com...

Quote:

"Crowds converged on temples in India to see a baby born with a “tail” in 2001.

Many believed the boy was a reincarnated Hindu god. The boy, at one-year old when this report came out in early 2002, is named Balaji, another name for the monkey-faced god Lord Hanuman."

I guess, as the saying goes, you are what you worship.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I wonder if this is just freak mutations in genetics (Though, we all have tails at one point.) or do you think the mind can subconsciously alter DNA?

I would suspect with the population boom India is undergoing right now, that more "freak" mutations should be more common.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for adding to the disscusion.

I have never seen anything like this before!

It makes me wonder if people of similar faiths would react the same if these defects were to occur in a different country or with a different race.

And you never know, it could be CGI and fairy tales lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

If the mind could influence genetics, there would be a whole lot of children born without birth defects, vision problems, and different hair and eye color than they would have had.

the mind can't influence DNA. It's mutation. In the case of "Lakshmi" she's obviously a twin that absorbed most of her other twin except for the limbs. As to "Hanuman" sometimes children are born with vestigial tails.

Just random chance, nothing holy.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I knew a guy who was in the military back in the 50s, and was stationed in India. He said that he also saw one of these eight limbed kids. He said it looked like a human spider.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This kind of stuff disturbs me but yet I rather have these kids be seen as gods and goddess than as defective outcasts

These children born with defects normally would be outcasts in the Indian society forced to a life of hardships, but because of characteristics that are associated with the Hindu Gods, some of them are seen as avatars of the gods they resemble and are venerated, they families in turn give and get acceptance, however the child is put on display and there are bound to be many pyschological affects and maybe even abuse (forcing the child to be or act a certain way).

[edit on 11-5-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
She's actually quite a beautiful child. I mean, the apertures aside... It's a shame that these children, at least in the states are viewed as having something "wrong with them." They are as they are..

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Little girl is alive and well after surgery to remove the extra limbs.

Video link

top topics

join