It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Is it true or just fictional?

any other planes information?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the above image is fiction submitted by one of the posters in an aircraft-related forum. the image can be found about halfway down on this page

[edit on 11.5.07 by toreishi]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah, that's just the control surfaces of the YF-23 molded to the F-35 fuselage.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
During the original JSF competition, Boeing had came across a problem, signature. Boeing felt that Lockheed was favored in terms of RCS, and that due to their experience in stealth aircraft their design was pre-assumed to have a smaller RCS. To remedy this issue, Boeing's engineers came up with the idea of slapping a V-tail on their aircraft, a distinctive stealthy feature meant to sway the Air Force Brass's minds away from the thought that Lockheed would have a stealthier aircraft. Unfortunately, it was removed four days later due to unconventionality.

This picture could have something to do with that action.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The original Lockheed design had a V-tail too...

I honestly think it's just the wings and horizontal stabilators of the YF-23 copied and pasted to the F-35 fuselage.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
And you would be right Shattered, I support your analysis 100%.

Its not merely the general shape that gives it away. What a coincidence it would be for the "F-35E" to share not only the general shape of the YF-23's flying surfaces, but all the same panel lines too!

Nothing to with Boeing at all.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I prefer to say this is a normative American dream, they dreaming anything better and better, especially for such an unideal attacker/fighter.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by emile]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I thought that Bird of Prey was older then X-32, it supposed to be good LO feature in X-32 too. non sense the Boeing had any signature problems. It's all physics,....

Hey, that could be Lockheed use the other fighter technology to their figther, anyway, i just asked for opinion of possibilities!

HOw about this? this one may look like it takes the airframe of MD's JAST demonstration phase concept! Btw, this one is real! the lockheed's new gen of UAV...

just compare! between...

and

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Eastpolar Commander]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The lower picture looks to me like the McDonnell Douglas JSF entry, though the angle is a little difficult. A lot of these designs look similar, for instance this one;

However don't mistake 'similar' for 'the same'. This 'F-35E' seen above IS using the wings and tail of the YF-23. It looks as if you perhaps do not like that answer and maybe you prefer it to be real, but Shattered Skies nailed it in his first reply 100%. If you do not wish to accept his, and my, opinion that is your choice but we are just denying ignorance here.

Hey, that could be Lockheed use the other fighter technology to their figther, anyway, i just asked for opinion of possibilities!

No, you asked if it was real and we told you, so why the thumbs down?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

join