It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Archaelogy Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this forum. Thought you guys might be interested in this.

youtube.com...

I did a search on this, I only found Michael Cremo's material which isn't relative to this video.

I found this documentary to be very eye opening. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the number of things this docu is claiming as credible are in fact well known old pseudohistoric errors
the footprints turned out to be hoaxed by creationists
the stones were dragged by thousands of people (the spanish recorded that). At one point the ropes snapped and hundreds were crushed to death
the maps turned out to not be of Antartica and they were never labelled as such anyway.
Tiwanaku has been radiocarbon dated hundreds of times and was built between 500 and 1000CE
Man did not evolve from apes we both evolved from a common ancestor
the Michael Cremo book forbidden archaeology has been completely debunked and shown to be hindu creationist propoganda. This is why it relies on finds recorded in the most part more than 100 years ago before the science of archaeology was properly studied and when hundreds of amateurs were out hoaxing and getting things deliberately wrong to bolster their faith that god did it. Thesedays of course God didn't do it, now its the aliens that were responsible
the table mountain finds turned out to be an error in early stratiography
Archaeologists are not involved in a global conspiracy to hide the truth, they are archaeologists because they want to uncover the truth.
Cremo like hancock before him needs to claim otherwise or else all their nonsense is seen for what it is. Nonsense
Viriginia Steen Macintyre went public claiming dates for 250,000bp after just two dates had been returned. Most sites are dated from hundreds of samples and stratiography. Her actions at jumping the gun are what got her criticised not the dates that were returned

and charlton heston is well known for talking complete crap about history, whenever you see a docu hosted by him you should be thinking "uh oh here we go again"

whatever this docu is it isn't eye opening

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is a very eye opening documentary

Thank you so much, there is a lot of hope for it!
Just as you said

"If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."

-Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zhuzha

There are to many people who just clicks on OP links, and go right to the conclution that this youtube clip are all based on facts, when the facts are all claimed as facts by the hoaxers ..

Read kerkinana walskys post please ...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
How are you guys gonna say that's a hoax? I can see the footprints might be a hoax, but the 12,000 year old city?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
the claim that it was 12,000 years old was made in the 1920s by a guy called Arthur Posnansky who based his claim on the direction that the buildings were facing and an imaginary stellar alignment. dating things this way was popular at the time but was soon overshadowed by scientific methods such as Radiocarbon dating. Hundreds of Radio Carbon dates have now been collected from samples across the entire Tiwanaku region and they all fell in the 500CE - 1000CE age range

along with that almost everything about this culture is now known as its been studied by professional archaeologists for decades and everything thats known also falls into the same dates and is effectively proven by the interaction of the Tiwanaku culture with other known South American groups who have also been solidly dated. Even thermoluminescence dating has confirmed the same dates

wiki has a page on it
en.wikipedia.org...
it doesn't mention 12,000 years old at all, in fact the only people you will find claiming that thesedays are people attempting to link it to Atlantis, Lemuria or Mu, its also been linked to ancient Aryans (by the Nazis) and to space aliens.

but the evidence now collected speaks for itself

The community grew to urban proportions between AD 600 and AD 800

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

I'm in the process of watching this now. Just got done with part 1. Thanks, for bringing this too my attention.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i'm an archaeologist, after you get your master's degree you get let in on the global conspiracy to hide the truth, you get to meet the aliens that built the pyramids and get a pet dinosaur. then they give you your hat and whip and you get to name yourself after your favorite state.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What I think is an amusing part of that video is that it put SO much effort into explaining away evolution with it being "leaps to conclusion" (which isnt entirerly incorrect IMO), such as the ape skull found near a human legbone turning into an apeman.

Then, it go on with all the other stuff that's even BIGGER leaps to conlusion yet nothing is mentioned about that, lol.

As an example, that temple with the sun being in the center and not matching on the side at the certain times of the year, but if you go 10K+ years back in time it does. Err... How about they just MOVE CLOSER to the measuring stone? Who said the guy doing the measuring stood in the opposite end of the structure and not in the center or even closer?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Bah. We evolved from Clowns with bunny ears. That is why all humans are insane enough to kill their neighbors for a piece of dirt. Who cares about what some dude said about ancient cities and what not. History has done nothing to teach us to NOT kill eachother anymore, so why do we need it anyways? It's a waste of brain space that could be better used kill MORE humans with telepathy.

history should die...lol

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
History has great uses, if you know history you'd know that this period of time in Man's history is one of the most peaceful ever known - hard to believe isn't it? Yet it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadangel23
Bah. We evolved from Clowns with bunny ears. That is why all humans are insane enough to kill their neighbors for a piece of dirt. Who cares about what some dude said about ancient cities and what not. History has done nothing to teach us to NOT kill eachother anymore, so why do we need it anyways? It's a waste of brain space that could be better used kill MORE humans with telepathy.

history should die...lol

all i can say is wow.
it's posts like this that give me hope for the future.
honestly, how can you put forth something like this?
do you really believe this to be true or are you just trolling?
sad, very sad

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i own a few of graham hancock's books. he makes a lot of conclusions about his topics that make no sense. he omits evidence that contradicts him and goes to pains to find evidence, even if it's been proved inaccurate, that supports his theories. now, trying to find evidence to support your belief is alright, but knowingly using evidence that is inaccurate(i.e. false) is fraud. intellectual fraud is the worst type, because it dumbs down society. he's a great speaker and passionate, but sadly a fraud.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

thanks for providing your info, it was very informative, and I learned something today thanks to you

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
i own a few of graham hancock's books. he makes a lot of conclusions about his topics that make no sense. he omits evidence that contradicts him and goes to pains to find evidence, even if it's been proved inaccurate, that supports his theories. now, trying to find evidence to support your belief is alright, but knowingly using evidence that is inaccurate(i.e. false) is fraud. intellectual fraud is the worst type, because it dumbs down society. he's a great speaker and passionate, but sadly a fraud.

This is very common within the fringe world - and is even known in the science community-which is why public publication and peer review is necessary to ensure it doesn't happen. Hancock is a user of 'adversarial truth', and feels he can omit anything that doesn't fit his needs. He is an enemy of actual truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join