It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some outside opinions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm just looking for some opinions on what others might do in this situation.

You have a friend that you've known for a year or two. Hanging out with your friend is always a good time and it seems like the two of you would make a good couple. However, for whatever reasons, trying to commit to a serious relationship might not be the best choice at the time.

One night with your friend, you two have a moment together. Out of nowhere the two of you kiss each other. Totally unexpected, it is almost like it was meant to happen on cue at that time. As you kiss, you can't help to wonder how or why this is happening and how amazing it is. Unfortunatly the mood is ruined by an outside disturbance that ends the kiss.

There are no other kisses that night and nothing is said about it at all. You won't see your friend for a few days due to travel. But you can't stop thinking and wondering what to do. Do you bring it up? Discuss it? Or do you never mention it and just keep being yourself?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Reizel]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Ohhh this sounds like a very similar situation for me ! Last year I had a friend who I'd known since Kindergarten and I slowly fell in love with. One day I went to the beach with her and 3 other of my lady friends. We were all running around wetting each other with drink bottles and then all of a sudden me and my friend came together and started hooking up. I acted on this and we have now been going out for nearly 11 months

If you can't tell what I ment by it, go for it ! She obviously felt something

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you two kissed, there is something there. Just hang out with her after the traveling thing, and try to be alone with her, she won't mind . When you two are alone just talk, about life, about the kiss, about whatever! Good luck man I hope I helped a little bit!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Nope - don't discuss the kiss!

Just do the usual things and see how it all plays oiut. If the atmosphere is still as comfortable as usual then that's a good sign. OK, it may feel a bit different now BUT you will know if something has changed and if you are able to do the kiss thing again. Perhaps initiate the kiss again WHEN the time feels right and if it works then perhaps discuss being "an item"...

Who knbows.

GOOD LUCK!!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think you should think the reason why you're still thinking about the kiss. If it is only because curiosity, then I say wait to see where it goes. But if you are still thinking about it because you want something else to happen, that means you, my friend, are falling in love. In which case I'd recommend to go talk to your friend and see if he/she is interested in taking the relationship further or leave it there. I'd say that you better ask this as soon as you can, because otherwise I predict many endless nights of you with your haunting thoughts.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone.

It's still going to be a little longer before I see her again. I'm looking forward to our next meeting, although that's nothing new. Let you all know how things go.

I've decided that I'm just going to be myself. No need to switch things up or act differently, no matter what. Being myself is what led to the first kiss, so if there is going to be a second kiss you might as well stick to what works.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
if you wernt such good friends do you think this would be such a hard decision?

just take her,who cares if it doesnt work out.the prize is worth the risk.

and yes if it goes wrong say some some cosmic freak on the internet took advantage of your suffering and made you do it!!.

im behind you!

top topics

join