It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I'm not denying that weapons from Iran are finding their way into the hands of insurgents. What I'm saying is that there is no evidence linking them to the Iranian government. If so please provide some.

I thought this was about our "Fragile Earth"? Oh well, since some keep going back to making "political" points, here, respectfully, are a few counter-points to the above request by kindred...

“No Way” Iran Government Not Complicit in Arms to Iraqi Militia:
abcnews.go.com...

Iran Making No Secret of Exporting Munitions to Iraq:
www.globalsecurity.org...

Iraqi Insurgents Captured With Austrian Rifles Supplied by Iran:
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/02/13/wiran13.xml

Iran Vigorously Pursuing Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear Weapons for Export:
archive.newsmax.com...

Iran Deploys Chinese-Made Missiles/Rifles/Explosives to Iraq:
www.heritage.org...

UN Attempting to Tighten Arms Shipments Through Iran to Iraq:
www.globalpolicy.org...

Iranian Official Says Govt CAN Stop/Slow Iranian Arms to Iraq – for a Price:
righttruth.typepad.com...

“Highest-Levels” of Iran Govt Implicated in Arming Iraqi Insurgents:
www.iranmania.com...

“Qods” Force – An Official Arm of Iran Govt – Behind New Explosive Penetrators in Iraq:
www.newsbusters.org...

Security Analysts Link Some Roadside Bombs to Iran Govt Guard Smuggling Operation:
www.rferl.org...

Iran Govt Shipping Arms Directly Without Black-Market, Sheltering Al-Qaeda:
noquarter.typepad.com...

US To Name Iranian Govt Military Branch Terror Group for Arming Iraq:
kerryfoxlive.com...

[edit=fix link]

[edit on 11/11/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
No where in any of those links that you posted does it make the case that connects these weapons to the Iranian government.

ABC NEWS:
This suggests, say the sources, that the material is going directly from Iranian factories to Shia militias, rather than taking a roundabout path through the black market. "There is no way this could be done without (Iranian) government approval," says a senior official.

Again no hard evidence linking the weapons to Iranian government. Just speculation and some propaganda thrown in for good measure.

GLOBAL SECURITY.ORG
The site - which promises "best quality and fast service" - is an example of the vigor with which Iran has moved into a global arms market long dominated by the United States and Western Europe. It also shows that some Iranian-made weapons probably have been used to kill Americans in Iraq, although they could have come through third countries without the direct knowledge of Iran's leadership.

Probably - either they have or they haven't. Again just speculation.

HERITAGE.ORG
Secretary of Defense Robert Gates insists there is "no evidence as yet" that Tehran government officials are involved in shipping weapons to Iraq for use against U.S. forces, a judgment that seems to hinge on the view that the Revolutionary Guards are not part of the "government." But the administration source cautioned, "these are Revolutionary Guards trucks, and although we can't see the mullahs at the wheel, you can bet this is [Tehran] government-sanctioned."

Which is what I've been stating. No evidence linking them to the Iranian Government.

Most of those links are nothing more than speculation and propaganda. There's still no hard evidence linking the weapons to the Iranian government.

Even if the US government does come up with hard evidence it still wouldn't justify an attack on Iran. There are plenty of other companies in other countries supplying weapons to Iraq and also the insurgents. The occupation of Iraq by American forces is of grave concern to the Iranian government and Iran has every right to protect itself. Iran is involved with the Shia in Iraq, which has always been the case since the US supported Saddam and his repression of the Shia. For the US to go on about ‘foreign interference’ in Iraq is extremely hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Here is a good example of what I am talking about:

Beauty, not equatable with the good

Not equatable with the good

I could go on.. I could throw several guys in there who some women, I certainly don't, beings that I am a male, would consider as beautiful. They were ruthless and murderous. To equate beauty with goodness, no questions asked, is like equating a person who is deformed with evil. It's ridiculous.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You make a point which is obvious. But what did Elizabeth Bathory's friends think? Her four collaborators? Do you not think that there are people out there in the world today that are fascinated with her story? People who admire her? Elizabeth Bathory's story is not proof of beauty or absence of it. My own take is that she wass ugly and never was beautiful, but that's just me.

See, what I'm talking about is that you draw the conclusions based on your own set of criteria of what beauty is and is not? It is a subjective proposition. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. So is ugliness. You create the basis for glorification and for contempt. No one else does that for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interesting the OP pictures are now a dead link that are a 404 unable to obtain pictures.

Have I upset the cart? Is there some reason for the simple little pictures of another view of Iran to disappear from public eyes?

Have I shown something that goes against the need to view Iran in a certain light?

If the pictures were of war torn turban wearing warlords would they still be up?

Who controls the pictures deemed acceptable on the net?

Oh yes things have been changing for me in my personal life as well as my IE connectivity since this thread began.

Something is definitely up for antar...

Also my ats profile keeps kicking me out of the site and it comes up some (unknown to me )search engine...

[edit on 13-11-2007 by antar]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please also read the above post. Now I checked my Yahoo account to try and put the pictures back up and they are also now a 404 error pictures not found. So much for saving to my computer...

Perhaps it would make life easier if we just delete this entire thread for comforts sake?

20 minutes after I posted the above post, I had to search and find this on page 3 of the ats recent posts??????????

I guess I had better stick to the alien/ufo forum so as not to raise any red flags on my behavior.

This day sucks and I cant get a reply from the administration as to why when I log into my profile I get bumped out of ats and onto some unknown search engine I have never heard of before.

Anyone listening?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not sure why you may be having trouble, Antar. Have you checked for malware lately? You might also consider sending your photos to another host and linking them through there.

For what it's worth, I don't think your thread should be deleted. To whom would that give "comfort"?

Further, I see absolutely nothing wrong with your 'behavior' whatsoever - certainly not to the extent of raising any 'red flags' from the admins. You have some opinions - so what? You're just as entitled to them as the rest of us are. You and I (and others) may not see eye-to-eye, but that's fine - I still respect your opinion (and I agree with you strongly on more aspects of your opinion than you give me credit for). In any case...

... I'm sure it's just some software or code anomaly you're experiencing. Try one picture hosted on the ATS upload and see if that isolates the problem for you.

Good luck - and hang in there! You add value and make us think: That's a good thing!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi Antar sounds like you might of picked up a virus, adware or some spyware. Maybe you should do a virus scan of your computer just to be on the safe side.

Here's a link to the pictures I posted. Still working.

www.pbase.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
While I won't disagree that those are some good pictures I don't see how you can compare a few pretty landscapes with what the government there is doing to its own people as well as in regards to formenting the spread of terrorism throughout the Middle East and the world. I think people tend to forget that it is the Iranian government that is drawing our ire and not its people. The only way things will ever change internally there is if there is some kind of mass uprising by the youth who tend to be way more moderate than the government or if the head is cut off by military action by the West. Obviously one would rather see their government get brought down by popular revolt than by foreign incursion as that can't really be disputed externally. In summary, nice pictures, but I'm sure one could have made a nice portfolio illustrating the beauty of Nazi Germany in 1938.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

'Kindred' your Avatar name says it all... Thankyou for reposting the pictures for anyone interested. It is always good to keep in prospective the innocent side of any country that is threatened with domination and destruction.

These pictures are a direct reminder to keep an open mind and to not live by the hive mentality rule. To make up ones own mind about whether it is right to wipe off the face of the earth a country based solely on the fact that it has nothing but dunes and war minded people is pure propaganda control.

As stated before , unfortunately that was my personal opinion of Iran until I saw these pictures for myself. It helped me to turn off the TV and to look deeper into this beautiful planet as a whole.

Wheather you grow up in America or Iran or any place else, the ultimate goal of humanity will be to see this entire planet as our birth rite, without borders and separation. If only one person from each country were sent into space to meet with more advanced civilizations, they would not say "Oh this is an American and this an Iranian,". No they would see all the people regardless of what part of earth they came from as "Humans, from Earth."

This is OUR planet this is OUR humanity.
I do not want to see Our humanity or Our planet destroyed again.

No politics about these statements, just my wish for a future of a one world consciousness.

Will it take a global catastrophe to make it so? To make the remaining humans left over work together to create the new? I don't know but it is looking more like it everyday to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Here's a link to the pictures I posted. Still working.

www.pbase.com...

Oh what absolutely beautiful pics.

for saving them as the OPs link = 404 message.

Originally posted by antar
These pictures are a direct reminder to keep an open mind and to not live by the hive mentality rule. To make up ones own mind about whether it is right to wipe off the face of the earth a country based solely on the fact that it has nothing but dunes and war minded people is pure propaganda control.

Yes, the pics certainly don't support what the media show.

Fantastic, glad I saw this thread!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here are some that I saved;
I am appalled that we're taught that they're a bunch of desert bombers.

Iranian women

Pizza restaurant

Here's a site full of articles from Iran;
Iran's image

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I'm from Iran (now living in the U.S.), and I'm sad to say that I never had the chance to visit most of those places in the pics you've uploaded. Thank you for posting these.

And if any of you ever visit Iran, do make plans to go to the beautiful city of Esfahan!
i have.

i used to live in shiraz. i left in 1974 after living there almost a year.

i love the people there. the americans stationed there were destructive and their attitude was ugly.

wish i could type in farse (sp?) - still speak a little.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join