It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Sounds like there is a great need for an "I hate Iran" thread here on the forum. A safe place where at least 5 post would be made and at least 5 flags would be raised in solidarity.

There are already plenty of both, I don't think there is need for any more hate.

it is about the vulnerability of our planet in the hands of the propagandists that keep us fighting and against one another. That force us without our conscious minds seeing that that is what they are doing.

I agree fully with you, and have on several occasions stated that it's my belief that those who are really in power, work hard to keep us all against each other. Either through race, religion, political leaning, etc. They don't care about any of it or any of us, just $$ and power. I think the reason you've gotten so many combative posts, is because you chose to show only the country that is dead center in a very heated ideological battle right now. Like I said, you should have expected it. Perhaps, in restrospect, you could have shown beautiful parts of other war torn areas as well as Iran. And then you could have pointed out the beauty of the earth as a whole, and the fact that humans don't deserve to be here with it when we kill each other and destroy it, i think that would have been the more general statement you wanted to make.

As for being upset about a few people who disagree with you, they don't know YOU, only your statement. Don't take it so personal, I'm sure antar is a lovely lady.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I LOVE this Planet. I think parts of Iran are truly beautiful, as I feel there are beautiful natural wonders to behold all around the Earth. I want to preserve and protect the Fragile Earth with every fiber of my being.

I feel absolutely no animosity or hatred toward anyone, certainly not the lovely Antar. I appreciate her thread, respect her opinions, and encourage her and all others to weigh in to their heart's content. That's what freedom of expression is all about.

Thank you Antar, for bringing us this opportunity to share Pictures of Iran so We Can Decide For Ourselves About This Fragile Earth.

With that sentiment in mind, let's move on...

A few more Pictures of Iran: You Decide...

Iran Industrialization Exterminating Fish Species:
www.iranmania.com...

100 Tons of Russian Nuclear Fuel Headed to Iran:
www.rumormillnews.com...

Iran to Send Rockets to Lebanon to Destroy Infrastructure:
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Ethnic Cleansing By Iranian “Security Forces” Damaging Citizens/Property/Country:
intellibriefs.blogspot.com...

Neighboring Arabs Refuse Delivery of Polluted Iranian Fish Stocks:
www.thepeninsulaqatar.com...

Iranian Children Declared “Polluted” by All things Western:
www.redbluenation.net...

Iran to Build Nuclear Power Plant On Earthquake Fault Zone:
www.bellona.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Like the old saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Antar (sorry if I misspelled your name) those are some absolutely breathtaking pictures. Such beauty. Great thread and thank you for posting this for us to see.

I really hope this thread can drive home the point of what can happen in the event of war. Places like this should be protected and war should always be the last possible option in any case. Unfortunately we live in a world where nature is not protected, and it should be at all cost.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thankyou for taking the middle ground in this heated issue, it helps me to see the point where the pendulum of truth swings. I do understand what Cent. and others are trying to say to me and more so to this thread.

I consent that there is no way to separate the political views when viewing these pictures myself included. Thankyou for understanding that that was not my original intent. I too very deeply love this planet and that includes every square inch of it. I am scared that one day we just may destroy it if we continue this insane approach towards everyone racing to arm with nuclear weapons, the end result will be either on purpose or accident but the end will be the bottom line. I was raised by Uncles that loved me very much and taught me the values of the American way, but they were strongly opposed to anything or anyone not American and I always felt that that was wrong. I had this picture in my mind that when I opened those pictures they were going to be terrible, well you know the rest, thanks for your post.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

Agreed, and I know that if the country goes to war the peaceful scenery and people we witnessed in the pictures would be greatly affected regardless of what anyone thinks. I for one am holding out for the day when the entire globe will be my playground! No reason for the nuks if that were the case huh? I can only wish you know...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You show us pictures of the enviorment and ambiance of a nation. For all the earth, this is mostly the same. Iran is indeed beautiful (I mean, common, it's home to Persia, the frekin most powerful nation for 1000 years ages ago). It's like an alien looking from space at Earth. Yea, looks pretty, but when you get close, you want to puke. The same is with Iran. Iran is pretty and modern, but any nation can descend into nothingness via an evil ruler. The same is happening in the US as we move closer to a dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Sure they don't "abide by the some of the same laws". What? They get to choose which laws to obey?

If you took the time to learn about Iran instead of buying into all the propaganda. You would know that Iran is one of the most pro western countries in the middle east and yes just because a law exists doesn't mean you have to abide by it. Iranian women are among the most progressive women in the Middle East and are very capable of getting what they want. You ever heard of protesting and standing up for your rights. Quite alot of Iranians, especially the younger generation constanly break rules layed down by islamic law. Did you not already know this. Most don't even abide by the strict Islamic dress code and just wear what they feel comfortable with. Most couldn't give a damn about the revolutionary guards. Laws exist to be broken.

The people running the country in Iran don't even know their own rules, and constantly break them right and left. Why should anyone be held accountable to these rules when the supporters of the Islamic Republic don't abide by them themselves

i4hrd.blogspot.com...

Iranian bloggers react with anger and scorn and defy censorship

news.bbc.co.uk...

Islamic Dress Code

www.worldpress.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Maybe if the Iranians stoped supplying the insurgents etc with weapons then we wouldnt have to buldoze it.

Very nice pictures though

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Who Dares Wins]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Maybe if the Iranians stoped supplying the insurgents etc with weapons then we wouldnt have to buldoze it.

That has to be the most ignorant remark on this thread so far. You got any evidence to back up your claims. I didn't think so.
All countries sell arms supplies to everyone else, but lets just single out Iran shall we.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Hi I have a friend who is from Iran, he has been in US about 7 years. He told me that the President of Iran is pushing for war with the US, because he has told his people that the US is the enemy. That he is there to protect the Iranians. He wants the US to attack so he can say "I told you so."

That he really does want a war with the US. The war would be two-fold. One: "The I told you"
Two: The oil prices would go up even more, making the President (as well as all others involved in this oil fight) very rich.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 11/10/2007 by IrishLass]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
I know that one of the kidnappers is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. But I truly believe his persistence to have Nuclear power for electricity is genuine.

No it is not. He has openly admitted to having 3,000 centrifuges for uranium enrichment. You don't need those for peaceful nuclear energy. But then maybe he just wants to bomb Irans gays with his nukes.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Everyone knows Iran is supplying the insurgents. It would be fairplay if the CIA trained counter terrorists and turned them loose inside Iran to do the same thing Iran is doing to Iraq. Give them a taste of their own suicide bombers and IEDs.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am scared that one day we just may destroy it if we continue this insane approach towards everyone racing to arm with nuclear weapons, the end result will be either on purpose or accident but the end will be the bottom line.

Exactly why I choose the middle ground on this issue. There are real arguments on both sides, time will tell where things go from here. On the one hand, war is horrible and I really don't want to see another one. On the other hand, nuclear war would be a hundred times more horrible and when a country with alot of enemies (not just western) like Iran is pursuing them, it causes others to pursue them too. It could very well cause a domino effect nuclear arms proliferation in a region full of powder kegs. Look at Pakistan and India, they almost went to nuclear war not to long ago. Look at Pakistan now, who knows who may have control of those nukes soon.

Then, there's the Bush that cried wolf. So the argument that we were wrong before with Iraq is valid, BUT, we all remember what happened in that story, the wolf did come and nobody believed it. It's definitely not black and white, there are lots of shades of gray. If the decision is between more conventional war now, or possible nuclear war later...I just want off this planet.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

groingrinder
Everyone knows Iran is supplying the insurgents. It would be fairplay if the CIA trained counter terrorists and turned them loose inside Iran to do the same thing Iran is doing to Iraq. Give them a taste of their own suicide bombers and IEDs.

I think it's obvious the Bush admin is waiting for any excuse to attack Iran and if what you say is true then where's the evidence connecting these weapons & bombings to the Iranian government. If Bush had this evidence, he would be shouting from the roof tops. Plenty of weapons provided by companies in the UK, Italy, US and Malta have found their way into the hands of the insurgents. It doesn't mean that the governments themselves are involved. It wouldn't surprise me if they were though, knowing how corrupt they all are.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
That has to be the most ignorant remark on this thread so far.

No its not. I think the poster made a good point.

You got any evidence to back up your claims.

Come on, you know there are tons of articles showing the Iranians supplying manpower, weapons and money to the terrorists in Iraq. You however just choose to ignore them.

I didn't think so.

That could be the problem. Perhaps you should do a little more 'thinking' and researching.

All countries sell arms supplies to everyone else, but lets just single out Iran shall we.

For starters, all countries do not sell arms to everyone.
Secondly, Iran is currently being singled out because they are supplying the terrorist that are currently fighting the allied forces in Iraq. We are not going to single out others when we are not fighting the forces they are supplying. If this happens then we will single out other countries.
Its not that difficult to understand.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am still waiting for someone to prove to me that beauty equates to goodness and innocence.. Some of the most beautiful people to ever live have been vile,disgusting, even murderous..

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Who made the claim?

I don't know about you but fresh oranges are a beautiful and good thing to me. I can offer up many similar equations, and I'm reasonably sure that you can as well. The trouble is that we're talking about equations that are not universally true. For me, individuals such as Adolf Hitler equate with that which is vile, disgusting, ugly and harmful. Others, such as neo-Nazi's, may not agree.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It is through your own eyes that you observe innocence, beauty, and goodness. You prove it to yourself.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well the pictures are awesome and I know that people all around the world that take these pictures and other pictures are people who see the world differently. WOW!! antar you really got something going here. If only people could take your pictures and put them on the face of human being. Then maybe we could reach for the stars instead of material rewards.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

4thDoctorWhoFan
Come on, you know there are tons of articles showing the Iranians supplying manpower, weapons and money to the terrorists in Iraq. You however just choose to ignore them.

You obviously didn't read what I said. I'm not denying that weapons from Iran are finding their way into the hands of insurgents. What I'm saying is that there is no evidence linking them to the Iranian government. If so please provide some.
Iran is being singled out because it has oil. It's as simple as that.

Im sorry but most if not all countries do buy and sell weapons. I suggest you do some research on the subject. Here's some links to get you started.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing is as black and white as people are led to believe. There are plenty of other countries selling weapons to Iraq. So why just single out Iran.

Maltese company implicated in arms trafficking to Iraqi insurgents.
www.independent.com.mt...
news.bbc.co.uk...

No coincidence that Malta happens to be the home base of blackwater.

A European Parliament working document drawn up by Giovanni Claudio Fava has claimed “Malta is the operational base of Blackwater, the organiser of private military militia which are increasingly taking on more and more roles which used to be undertaken by US forces in Iraq and elsewhere”.

aftermathnews.wordpress.com...

British firm under scrutiny for export of Bosnian guns to Iraq
observer.guardian.co.uk...

Even British companies are supplying weapons to Iraq.
These companies that sell weapons are a cancer and unfortunately that cancer is everywhere.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join