It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow, are you ever off base. I am a very simple person and not cunning by nature what I stated in my earlier posts are true. I am not here to fight or to examine anything but the reality that I felt when my first impression when my brother sent the pictures was not to open them because I just did not want to see the well you know awful pictures, but once I opened them I realized just how conditioned I am. Me, an open minded decent caring person. You may not like me or what I represent which is just asking that people LOOK at their conditioning, break free from past indoctrination and programing, mind control propaganda, what ever your ideas are based in and look for the first time with truth which has been with held from us. Crazy aint I? Crazy maybe but wanting to see this planet evolve into a higher state where we can live lives without all of the horror, the senseless killing and war. I was hoping to be flying a hover craft by now... You are such a great poster (really) could you put my posts all together for me in one thread and then we can take a look at the 3 different views? That is manipulation you acuse me of, that I would not do.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, who can really call themselves conscious? We live in a world that has become increasingly materialistic and most bow to the god mammon, gross materialism.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sure. Right. You are asking us all to "break free of the propaganda", while at the same time attempting to do the same thing to us. This has to be from some high school kid.

Oh, BTW, I'm still waiting for your answer ...

[edit on 11/8/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Cent,

I think you're being awful hard on Antar. She was merely pointing out the beauty, the humanity of a distant place which happens to be now under a microscope. Regardless of its beauty or lack of, its populated with people, just like us who have children, parents, friends, and live pretty much a life like we do. Is it their fault that our leaders dont see eye to eye?
Would you want an entire population extinguished because of what our president percieves?

I hope not.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
dgtempe, I suppose that is what is so sad about the current world situation... There are going to be many innocents suffer due to the actions of the few.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I hope these pictures come out ok I have a bit of trouble uploading certain things. If not I suggest you click on the link and hopefully you can view this. I will reserve my personal oppinions until at least a reply or two. The main thing I want to impart here is to view these pictures with the thought of war with Iran in mind. Thankyou for looking.

picasaweb.google.com...

My heart truly opens to all of your sincere comments.
When I have in the past thought about Iran I had a very propaganda based vision in my minds eye, it is embarrasing to admit.
We must insist that this administration and any other future leaders remain in a state of peace with all of our planet.
We as a human race are on the eve of a new begining. We can all feel it. Those forces that would destroy what is beautiful and majestic will not succeed.
Please remember too that we are all part of perfection in our own ways. Wheather a person , planet, solar system, galaxy, or universe. From the very begining we have been an organic whole. It is only the dying forces of darkness that construct and orchestrate to conquer, divide and seperate in order to control in the barbaric ways of the past.
(Pardon me , spell check is not working right now.)

www.unitednativeamerica.com...

www.cmh.pitt.edu...

Here are just the first two examples I found in google.
If one were to take out of context the myriad of trouble we have had becoming a true democratic society it would look equally as bad as your example.
Remember Salem and the witch hunts?
Would you recommend walking at night in the inner cities?
What would those pictures look like if one were looking for disturbing photos for the sake of propaganda?
The point of this thread is to bring awareness of the propaganda that has been spoon fed to all of us and the intolerance that it creates.
As we move into a higher state of our planets evolution there will be more truths exposed that will aid in the healing of our planet and its people. We will have to take back our path and replenish the younger generation with their birth rite, the truth. Thankyou for your post
osted on 5-11-2007 @ 09:58 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

I just wanted to remind our forum members that this is in Fragile Earth Section of the Forum. Political debates could be better served in the appropriate area found on the board page. Thankyou

www.abovetopsecret.com...12
Once again in an honest attempt to remain on track with this thread I will remind you that the debate of politics, military and such is best served in other more appropriate threads on the forum. You may access many already in progress from the Board home.
This thread and the OP was simple and sincere in the position we are so controlled by the ruling factions and have been for so long that we forget that this is 'our' planet.
The divisions and the control were not intended to be our precious birthrite.
When I think of Iran, I think of the pictures that were painted for me of angry militant, scum that deserve to be eliminated because they will never learn,
because they have destroyed their resources and have not a clue as to how to live a life of quality and freedom.
I picture dry desolate war torn cities, bodies strewn across the gutters bloody and dead, with dirty children running from their own soldiers ready to shoot them unnessarily.
I did not imagine real human beings going surfing, jogging, skiing, farming, appreciating a garden, camping by the shore with their children, their children that they love and are attempting to raise in consciousness regardless of religion, to create and become part of a more educated and enlightened, peaceful world.
This was an awakening for me, just simply the pictures. It showed me just how deeply mind controlled I am susceptible to being. Thank God I am waking up. And as I wake so does the planet and all the inhabitants because we are so much more connected than the dark forces would ever allow anyone to know.
The only agenda I seek is to bring peace to the planet and to see the consciousness rise as I reach my enlightenment...

This may be part of my intent and purpose for posting these pictures. It is time that we as a human race begin to look at other nations and cultures without the bias of the media to taint our rose colored glasses and send us only pictures that will perpetuate the hate and the denial as well as the ignorance and strip people of the possibility of compassion and empathy. If people cannot relate in a genuine way to other peoples and cultures then it is only natural that they would buy into the propaganda that leads them into separatism.
Thank you sky floating, as usual a voice of reason, yes this thread was intended as an eye opener to the propaganda that has us all walking around with bias and blinders. It is not intended as a political statement simply a view that is one step towards a unified and whole planet.
What I see is not unity through pictures of some foreign land, yet just a little more awareness creeping in for those across the world that are continually inundated by media and its depiction of places other than those where they broadcast from. Breaking the deception barriers a little at a time.
Thankyou, your father in law sounds like he did his part in raising the consciousness of the planet through his heart and for having the courage to see things as they are instead of threw cold eyes and stone heart.

That is what this Revolution is all about. Taking back the truth and dissipating the lies from our lives so that we can stand up for what we truly believe. We deserve to sort through truths and brilliance not lies and ignorance.

ONE QUESTION:

How many avoided this thread because of what you Thought the pictures were going to be?

And how many were actually taken back at what the pictures actually are?

This is my point here. To spread a new way of thinking. A more open minded and less controlled by the past way of looking at life in general. We are all ready to step up to the next level, it will take only a slight shift in our consciousness to make extreme change for our selves and our planet in this new paradigm.
Tibris, change begins with you. As you begin to step up into the next level of consciousness the rest of us do too. Remember you are not alone and it has been said before, "No man is an island"
OK you guys must be lonely and missing me... I was at the Revolution party Via live web feed. No where did the OP even come close to mentioning a political side to this thread. Just a thread about awareness and our perception of the world as conditioned by our media. What did you expect when you clicked on the Title?
Thankyou very much for the best post yet. Wow the quality has just been taken over the top. I appreciate learning what you have discovered and am proud to be in the company of such a well versed and traveled intellectual . You have a brilliant mind and the heart of a poet. Thankyou for your lifes experience shared to raise the consciousness of this our planet.

What more can I say? I agree whole heartedly with your wisdom and insights. Bravo on being able to voice what I wish I could. I am quite honestly more fearful of 'our' nuclear plants and depleted uranium than theirs. I have seen what it did to the Native Americans in the deepest parts of Arizona, in areas that were at once Gods favorites with emerald colored water falls and lush green forrests. People that never hurt anyone or distrusted a soul. Now the areas are burnt, the people deformed and displaced from an area that had been their homes for thousands of years. Not in the main stream though so it does not exist?
give this post a star
posted on 6-11-2007 @ 09:31 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Thankyou so much to everyone that viewed the posted pictures. I have found some very good people on this forum that I would have never discovered without this thread. I appreciate so many kind and intelligent answers and especially those that understood just exactly why I posted.

Let me tell you that I have a half sister (so beautiful, like a china doll complexion) that is half Iranian. Her name is Lisa and was adopted at birth to close friends of my Godparents. Lisa was raised in a life of privilege, and traveled between the US and England all of her life. She is articulate and multi talented, sophisticated and a genuine Persian Princess.

When we first met it was during the Iranian conflict when on every street corner Americans gathered along side the likes of Mickey Mouse giving the finger to Iran. It was a terrible time and we came very close to war with them. Lisa was shocked at the sight of me and Mom because she is petite and although fair skinned, has dark eyes and black almost blue hair. Mom and I are tall and Nordic looking, green eyes. Well Lisa said "I guess the Italian really came out in me?" I said "Italian! no your ,IRANIAN!!" At that point we see T-shirts, posters and bumper stickers everywhere flipping the bird to Iran.

Back to my point, my judgements and indoctrination towards my views on Iran were set back in those days and through out the years I was unaware of just how deep those feelings went. I am not a predigested person, and am very open minded in most cases. However when I was sent these pictures from my Brother the other day, I hesitated in opening them and almost didn't. Why? Because I did not want to see the horror that they would surly depict of the Iranian culture and its people. I was sure that there would be pictures of bloody street scenes and half dressed dirty children running from the soldiers, bodies strewn across abandoned war torn apartments and dry desolate communities so poor, with the wrinkled faced old ladies in kerchiefs looking hopeless.

Something switched in my consciousness upon opening these beautiful pictures.

A light that had pr
First let me say that if that's 'you' in your Avatar, whooo whoo...
Ok now as it is beginning to appear to me, I have the hunch that Israel is going to be relocated to the US anyway in the not too distant future if the world powers have any say in the matter.

What if we just drop the whole idea of borders and make this a one world planet? Oh wait were not there yet. Minds from all over the globe are still fighting and waring to make their points...Religions are filled with intolerance. The balance of the engorged upper class and the starving poverty levels have to be the first issues we face.

Prosperity is all of our birthrights on this one of the most incredible planets in the Galaxy.
Pictures of our beautiful country are spread out all over the world already. My point here is not a debate about the politics of Iran or anywhere also, my point was to just simply take a look at these pictures and see if your preconceived notion of what you were about to see and what you actually found upon opening the pictures were one in the same. Period. I would bet that most like myself have been so deeply brainwashed and manipulated, that the difference was quite profound. At some point it no longer matters what the people think or do it becomes part of the global political agenda, at that is also why I posted these pictures, to remind everyone that will listen to make your decisions not based on your past indoctrinations.Once we begin to take back the right to live in a conscious and advanced society that will no longer be a problem.
Eeuuuw, I tried really hard to read that commentary of the 'supposed' transcripts of the Iranhearings and they just don't feel right to me. I did like the barefeet though.
This for me is just more manipulation to bring people to the side of the insanity of the need for war. Too much BS the world governments are crazy.
Noboby even tries to negotiate, its just a bunch of gorillas pounding their fists.Wow, are you ever off base. I am a very simple person and not cunning by nature what I stated in my earlier posts are true. I am not here to fight or to examine anything but the reality that I felt when my first impression when my brother sent the pictures was not to open them because I just did not want to see the well you know awful pictures, but once I opened them I realized just how conditioned I am. Me, an open minded decent caring person. You may not like me or what I represent which is just asking that people LOOK at their conditioning, break free from past indoctrination and programing, mind control propaganda, what ever your ideas are based in and look for the first time with truth which has been with held from us. Crazy aint I? Crazy maybe but wanting to see this planet evolve into a higher state where we can live lives without all of the horror, the senseless killing and war. I was hoping to be flying a hover craft by now... You are such a great poster (really) could you put my posts all together for me in one thread and then we can take a look at the 3 different views? That is manipulation you acuse me of, that I would not do.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by antar]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hard on her?

I really like you, but I think you've either not read most of the posts on this thread, or do not yet understand them.

Hopefully, there will not be a war with iran. I think most if not all here agree on that.

But if such a thing happened, it would likely not be an iraq-style invasion. It would be surgical strikes to take out military and nuclear targets.

No "entire population" would be "extinguished".

None of the pretty places in the photos would likely be touched.

That's why many of us are calling the OP unrealistic at best and propaganda at the worst.

Plus, there's the questions I've asked several times that never get answered by the OP or her defenders, which is would posting beautiful pictures of America have any effect on al-qaeda and all the other America haters? And if not, why try it on the rest of us with these pretty iran pictures?

[edit on 11/8/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Now I had done excessive quoting (at the cost of 500 ats points) to show you that I was consistent thorough out ,after only 3 hours sleep, and a whole lot going on in my life this is a real drag. You should put all of your comments together too and you just may find that you have been a big meanie and are not a nice person towards me. I really hope that some place other than here we can find common ground on subjects we agree upon. I have always admired your Avatar and enjoy reading what I have read of your views. It is impossible for us to become mortal enemies from a thread of mine that was intended to create a higher state of awareness and tolerance...Thankyou for your interest and time.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

SpeakerofTruth wrote:
dgtempe, I suppose that is what is so sad about the current world situation... There are going to be many innocents suffer due to the actions of the few.

So true, but we out number them a million to one and therefore must do everthing in our power to make sure that doesn't happen. We have a very powerful weapon in our arsenal and it's what the evil and corrupt people of this world fear the most. It's called the truth and it will destroy them and everything they stand for.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

by tempe
Cent,

I think you're being awful hard on Antar. She was merely pointing out the beauty, the humanity of a distant place… Would you want an entire population extinguished because of what our president percieves?

Merely pointing out the beauty…? No, that’s NOT all she’s doing. She started with that, a noble premise to be sure, but then repeatedly injected her OWN political viewpoints as “garnish” to her photos – all while taking every opportunity to admonish anyone else who happens to offer an opposing political viewpoint. Her political viewpoints are ok, but everyone else is out-of-line?!?!

You see, if Antar sets the table with a set of rules – how come she gets to spout off political commentary related to the photos (and heap praise on those that share her political view) but criticize (or ignore) others that don’t share her ‘vision’ or have an opposing view? Is ATS a level playing field or isn’t it?

I have no problem viewing pretty pictures – they can be found all over this lovely planet. But here’s a sampling of ‘commentary’ by Antar since then. Please tell me which of these are NOT political statements:

by Antar
We must insist that this administration and any other future leaders remain in a state of peace…

It is only the dying forces of darkness that construct and orchestrate to conquer, divide and seperate in order to control in the barbaric ways of the past…

The point of this thread is to bring awareness of the propaganda…

I just wanted to remind our forum members that this is in Fragile Earth Section of the Forum. Political debates could be better served in the appropriate area found on the board page. Thankyou. [ed: except for Antar herself, of course, in which political opinions are perfectly acceptable]

I believe never is it time to invade a country…

…it is important to the integrity of this particular thread, to remain focused on the emotional sense that rises from these pictures rather than the left brain rationalization of the political ramifications we are facing following the propaganda of thousands of years from the dark shadowy governments and their ideals of separatism, disinformation and control.

Once again in an honest attempt to remain on track with this thread I will remind you that the debate of politics, military and such is best served in other more appropriate threads on the forum. [ed: unless Antar’s political point is made].

…the OP was simple and sincere in the position we are so controlled by the ruling factions and have been for so long… [ed: and that’s not a political statement, how exactly?]

If people cannot relate in a genuine way to other peoples and cultures then it is only natural that they would buy into the propaganda…

…this thread was intended as an eye opener to the propaganda… It is not intended as a political statement. [ed: umm – ok, then practice what you preach].

That is what this Revolution is all about. Taking back the truth and dissipating the lies… [ed: who’s lies, exactly?]

No where did the OP even come close to mentioning a political side to this thread…[ed: oh, please].

I am not a predigested person, and am very open minded in most cases. [ed: “predigested”? What is that? Did someone eat you and then throw up? That’s what predigested means, doesn’t it?]

I did not want to see the horror that they would surly depict of the Iranian culture and its people…

…we have been controlled and conditioned to look at places other than our own homelands with intolerance and, distrust and from the prospective of those that want to use propaganda to rally war efforts to invade and occupy others countries. [ed: I guess that’s not a political opinion, is it?]

My point as has been completely understood by some here and obviously misinterpreted by others is still to 'simply look at the country'. [ed: then let’s focus on the pictures and EVERYONE, including the OP, keep political commentary to themselves].

…accept responsibility for the mistakes of the past and to join together… A new world order so to speak, but not in the militarist, political, capital gains industrial complex sort of way.

Minds from all over the globe are still fighting and waring to make their points...

My point here is not a debate about the politics of Iran or anywhere also, my point was to just simply take a look at these pictures [ed: what – again? Then just look at the pictures and talk about JUST the pictures].

At some point it no longer matters what the people think or do it becomes part of the global political agenda…[ed: I thought this wasn’t about politics!].

…that is also why I posted these pictures, to remind everyone that will listen to make your decisions not based on your past indoctrinations. [ed: and now listen to YOUR present indoctrinations instead?]

This for me is just more manipulation to bring people to the side of the insanity of the need for war. Too much BS the world governments are crazy. [ed: world governments are crazy, BS, etc.? Sounds political to me].

Noboby even tries to negotiate, its just a bunch of gorillas pounding their fists.

Wow, are you ever off base. I am a very simple person and not cunning by nature what I stated in my earlier posts are true. I am not here to fight or to examine anything but the reality that I feel…[ed: AND to let us know YOUR political viewpoint and to censor all opposing views].

…break free from past indoctrination and programing, mind control propaganda… [ed: and listen to yours instead?].

…look for the first time with truth which has been with held from us…[ed: and we must rely on the “real” truth to come from….you?].

…we can live lives without all of the horror, the senseless killing and war.[ed: I sure hope so, I really do, but wait – this is not about war – it’s ONLY about pretty scenery…right?].

We must insist that this administration and any other future leaders remain in a state of peace…[ed: if that’s not a political statement, I don’t know what is].

…the dying forces of darkness that construct and orchestrate to conquer, divide and seperate in order to control in the barbaric ways…[ed: OK, that’s enough. I think you’ve made your (political) point.]

Well – looks like we have a boatload of political opinion here –from the OP. Antar, please don’t misunderstand, I mean this with full respect - I really admire the very selective, highly subjective photo essay of a very few photogenic snapshots of Iran. ANY country on the planet can produce equally stunning perspectives. I sincerely appreciate you sharing them with us.

My only concern is that you are peppering your posts with highly controversial political commentary and then keep trying to banish everyone that doesn’t agree with you – innocently declaring that your photos are merely to look at, and are not posted to be debated politically. How convenient. You can comment politically all you want – but anyone else who does (unless they mirror your view) is ‘being political’ and is not welcome?

My suggestion to the mods: either warn Antar to keep her own political views out of the discussion if she wants to continually bash anyone who dare one of their own – or – send the entire thread to the political forum where anyone, including the OP, can spout all the political rhetoric they please.

Are we going to play fair here or what? By Antar’s own personal commentary this thread is not at all about the “Fragile Earth” but on how Antar thinks we’re all propagandized barbarians that need to mend our ways. Those aren’t my words – they’re HERS.

So what’s it going to be? A Fragile Earth discussion or one about a Politicized Commentary About Barbarians of the New World Order Out to Get Iran and Destroy a Beautiful Country that We’re Being Lied to About!?

[edit on 11/8/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

"U.S. haters"? Why don't you qualify that with something. You think just because someone gets a peek past the gate, a gate erected by those who would desire to control the perception people would have of what is on the other side of the gate, would be a propagandist just for sharing with others the news of what she saw. That one would let it be known that she saw something different, and to suggest that others go and have a look for themselves. No one has to agree with antar, just as no one has to agree with you. However, you seem bent on trying to force a point that has been made countless times already. If you are stuck on the fact that pictures were used, then the only thing that you are using are words. What's the difference? I can comprehend where antar is coming from just as much as I can understand where you are coming from. What I don't understand is, why is antar's gesture is such an issue for you if your mind is already made up?

Those of us who have understood the point of this thread have gone to great lengths of explaining in great detail about what for us was a simple matter of perception and understanding of the perspective that was afforded by what we perceived. It's not complicated. We were told to see ugliness and when we had a look for ourselves through the eyes of yet some other folks, we indeed saw something different and are now aware of bit or much more than we had been previous to the experience. You and others keep trying to ram the same point down our throats like we've drawn a line in the sand to seperate your views from ours. And that's something that cannot be further from the truth! We are each speaking for ourselves here.

Antar specifically states in the title of this thread, "You decide". You decide. You decide whatever it is that you want to. It's not her desire to have you decide something that is fitting to a demand that she has as Speaker of Truth suggests. If the thread doesn't mean much to you that's okay. The fact of the matter is that it does to some of us, and it is a positive thing. You know, we're trying to take into account as much as is available to us, rather than just taking into account as much as is told to us that is available.

So, it's not a strategic operation on you whereby tactics are being used to distract you from your convictions and resolve. Maybe you should consider that if some of those folks who are so against Iran and some of those folks who are so against the United States, that if those folks had grown up in the country that they've designated so much hatred towards, that maybe they wouldn't be bearers of that hatred today. That maybe if it were commonplace that many American families would have roots in Iran, and many Iranian families would have roots in America, that if the leaders' families of each respective country included relatives in the other's country, then maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Sure there are more factors involved than mere bloodlines, like for instance the competition for scarce resources. Oil. The bottom line is that each and every person that supports a war should have a clear idea about what they are up against. It doesn't matter if military strikes are precision strikes, that's not the point. The point is that the spirit of a people will also be struck no matter how precise the strikes. People will die. And folks related to them in blood or spirit will survive and suffer because of it. And, so what? It's war right? When you're convinced that the other side deserves it, and you're right, then that's all that matters, right? The other side gets to suffer, you get to rejoice, and to the victor goes the spoils, right? Well that's all well and good if you have no connection whatsoever to what it was that you've just destroyed. But seeing as we're all humans... Well, you can fill in the rest if you want to. You don't have to.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

It is NOT about the politics. And if it were I am well within the boundaries of the rules and limits here as the OP.

If you want to sensor me and this thread or worse than you will only stand to strengthen my point as anyone that sees the pictures and reads my thoughts, feelings and interjections without agenda to attack, will not be swayed.

It is about bringing awareness to the fact that we have been manipulated.

It is a statement of fact, we have been manipulated to view with bias, intolerance, and prejudice those countries other than our own by the propaganda of our medias and the elitists that would only stand to gain by war , control and separatism.

Now this is 'my' thread and if after consideration and understanding of the intent of the OP we move toward other points of views that this invokes, then that is what is expected so long as for the sake of any new viewers we come back to the original point from time to time and that is the fact that these pictures of Iran were a strong indication of the OPs realization and those of many others that what you expected by the title of the thread, may have been different than what you viewed.

Thankyou for your views and strong opinions.

I ask once again, what were your expectations before viewing the pictures? Did you expect these beautiful pictures or were you interestingly surprised?

I will not engage in the slanderous attacks from any of you that do not take the OP for how it was intended, and because I did not choose to coddle the attacks, does not mean that I did not read or acknowledge your remarks and rude comments. If you read some of my other threads that is how I choose to handle mean peoples comments. There is a difference between a disagreement and being called out by groups that band together like rabid dogs on an attack mission to discredit and befuddle and kill with negativity. Enough.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I forgot as I said I am on 3 hours sleep last night and it is late, yet if you go 5 posts up I placed my entire transcript of my posts for consideration. I will accept the warning and or 500 point deduction, yet as I see it , the thread has not been what my accusers have stated. OK now no more of this...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is NOT about the politics. And if it were I am well within the boundaries of the rules and limits here as the OP.

It is about bringing awareness to the fact that we have been manipulated.

It is a statement of fact, we have been manipulated to view with bias, intolerance, and prejudice those countries other than our own by the propaganda of our medias and the elitists that would only stand to gain by war , control and separatism.

A statement of fact: This thread is clearly about politics and most of your comments are of a political nature. In fact, your last comment is clearly of a political nature. And this thread should be in a political forum.

Accusations of government propaganda = politics

And this is all said in sincerity and not an attack at all.

Dont take things so personal. This is just a message board
And when you post on one, you subject yourself to people disagreeing with you. Not a big deal really

[edit on 8-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Area51 you have been my champion and I am so very sorry if I did not seem to respond to your wisdom and courage in the face of the attacks. That is all the attacks seem to do is to separate and take up time that could have been spent with others of like mind, people like you and several others that I have not given the right respect to. Please except my apologies for my distraction as it would have been so much better to have had good conversations with you than to defend defend defend. You are my friend and I will always have your back. Thank you so much for your help.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The vulnerability of our precious planet is in our hands. If we chose to allow the media to separate and divide families and nations it will be more than vulnerable, it will be gone. This is in the right section as it speaks to the fragility of our views and our realities and the final outcome of our Fragile Earth, not our fragile America or UK or Russia or Iran, China, India, Japan, Korea's, Africa's, or any others. I challenge anyone else to show me pictures of countries that I have been conditioned to see in a certain way that will surprise me when I see them for how they truly are.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

There would thus be no soldiers chasing down kids, or whatever - unless you count the iranian revolutionary guards chasing down women and kids who dress too western. Must have accidentally omitted those pictures.

www.pulpmovies.com...

Or other LIVE public hangings:
www.flickr.com...@N05/1248961167/

I think id be a little more concerned with the treatment of their own people by their leaders ....then the lovely landscape that alarmists say we are out to destroy.

www.iranpressnews.com...

Stoning verdict for a woman in Mashhad

Qods newspaper: A woman in Mashhad has been sentenced to stoning for having sex outside marriage. The man involved in this relationship has been sentenced to 100 lashes.

ISNA news agency: The Iranian justice cut off 4 individuals’ hands in Mashhad. They have been charged to rubbery.

Mashhad’s deputy of magistrate announced this news. Mr. Peyman Rad told media 4 thieves well known to judiciary system and charged several times to theft, finally have been sentenced to hand cut and yesterday the decision has been executed.

Jail and lashes sentences for the persons who do not do Ramadan

Irna: The Iranian fanatic regime sentences jail and lashes for the person who does not respect Ramadan and eat or drink in the public or even private places.

Said Keshvari Baghan, one of the Iranian judicial authority told media it would not be necessary such persons to be seen at public places.

He told Basij and Police officers are the main sources who can arrest a person that does not respect Ramadan.

He added: "If they find somebody who eats or drinks, even in a private place, they are allowed to arrest him or her. The individual will be sentenced 10 to 60 days jail and 74 lashes".

Honestly, knowing how they treat their own people...I could care less about the landscape

[edit on 5-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

Im going to have to agree with greeneye.I know this probably was not suppose to turn into a tread like this, but it seems like an example of how many people are swayed by such things. Maybe the NY Times should post these pictures and explain how great IRAN is! That would be real nice. We are living in paradise with ipods on if you think think IRAN is a peace loving country. Move to iran if you guys think its so much nicer than the US; Im sure youll love your government then. Just my .02 .. and yes, I don't post very often but this post made me a little irate for some reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Wow, what a great post that was. Wish I cold give you several stars for pointing out the ton of political statements made by the OP - despite her futile attempts at denial and deflection.

And quoting Area 51 - "Those of us who have understood the point of this thread have gone to great lengths of explaining in great detail about what for us was a simple matter of perception and understanding of the perspective that was afforded by what we perceived."

Whew, but what did that sentence really mean?

Let me answer by paraphrasing. Those of us who have (really) understood the point of this thread have gone to great lengths to explain in great detail why this has never been about what the OP has claimed - as was just proven conclusively by Outrageo a couple of posts back. This was political propaganda, pure and simple. Everyone can see that.

Old advice: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

[edit on 11/9/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wow, thats some beautiful country side and jungle pictures of Iran. I never knew that Iran had such places like that.

Of course I was suckered to believe that Iran was some third world middle east urban wasteland country. Thats the Fox News unfair and propaganda for you...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

mousmonke:
Im going to have to agree with greeneye.I know this probably was not suppose to turn into a tread like this, but it seems like an example of how many people are swayed by such things. Maybe the NY Times should post these pictures and explain how great IRAN is! That would be real nice. We are living in paradise with ipods on if you think think IRAN is a peace loving country. Move to iran if you guys think its so much nicer than the US; Im sure youll love your government then. Just my .02 .. and yes, I don't post very often but this post made me a little irate for some reason.

You can't lump everyone under the same label. Most of the Iranian people, especially the youth don't even abide by the some of the laws you speak of. Iran is no where near as bad as it's portrayed by western media or those people who buy into the propaganda. At the end of the day if the people of Iran don't like the way they are being governed. Then it's upto them and them alone to do something about it. You may not agree with certain laws or how they live, but at the end of the day that is how they have chosen to live and therefore it's none of your business or anyone else's. If the west stops interfering in Iranian political affairs I'm sure the Iranian people will find a path that will lead to democracy and a better standard of living. It's also kind of hypocritical to even judge how they live when both Britain and America are partly responsible for the way Iran is today. As for western countries like Great Britain and America. There certainly no paradise. I live in the UK and this country is starting to look more and more like a whore house by the day and our prime minister is nothing more than a pimp.

Middle East Expert Discusses Islamic Extremism
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Why did Iran elect Ahmadinejad?
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by kindred]

[edit on 9-11-2007 by kindred]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join