It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hope these pictures come out ok I have a bit of trouble uploading certain things. If not I suggest you click on the link and hopefully you can view this. I will reserve my personal oppinions until at least a reply or two. The main thing I want to impart here is to view these pictures with the thought of war with Iran in mind. Thankyou for looking.

picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
PHOTOSHOPED!!...... j/k
i think it's a place that alot of americans and others around the world need to see... amazing views and a place i would love to visit from the looks of your photos. thanks for the share!.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We can not allow this to be destroyed

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
OMFG ARRGGHH! OK I GIVE!!!!

Yes, it would be very horrible to destroy a coutry whose people seem so close to their culture. From the pics it looks like a vast and beautiful land, remescint of the US landscape, except more vibrant and free. Peaceful. Very peaceful and relaxing. I was thinking looking at those pics, i would love to visit those places, rich of history landscape, and its people.

Back to reality; the bombing started because US politicians dont care about beauty , just the bucks their making out of that 250 lb. thats being made, oh and dont forget those 5.56 NATO rounds that are being manufactured by factories. Sad huh?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm from Iran (now living in the U.S.), and I'm sad to say that I never had the chance to visit most of those places in the pics you've uploaded. Thank you for posting these.

And if any of you ever visit Iran, do make plans to go to the beautiful city of Esfahan!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My heart truly opens to all of your sincere comments.
When I have in the past thought about Iran I had a very propaganda based vision in my minds eye, it is embarrasing to admit.
We must insist that this administration and any other future leaders remain in a state of peace with all of our planet.
We as a human race are on the eve of a new begining. We can all feel it. Those forces that would destroy what is beautiful and majestic will not succeed.
Please remember too that we are all part of perfection in our own ways. Wheather a person , planet, solar system, galaxy, or universe. From the very begining we have been an organic whole. It is only the dying forces of darkness that construct and orchestrate to conquer, divide and seperate in order to control in the barbaric ways of the past.
(Pardon me , spell check is not working right now.)

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thank you for posting Antar, they are wonderful.

I wish we knew the whole story about Iran, starting way back when they held those American hostage for so long. I know that one of the kidnappers is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. But I truly believe his persistence to have Nuclear power for electricity is genuine.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah they seem like a bunch of terrorists. Let's just bomb the crap out of them, they're making a nuclear bomb to attack Israel.

/sarcasm off

It would be a shame to see any more wars these days. Innocent blood is always shed, and the main excuse for war-time casualties is that # happens.

Well it doesn't have to happen, we have the chance here to prevent countless horrible atrocities that would no doubt be committed by troops on both sides.

We are seeing constant abuse of power by our own soldiers. I am not blaming them completely; the stresses of being shot at constantly is enough to ruin anyone's life.

However, they need to start taking responsibility for the slaughtering they've done 'in the name of freedom.'

No more deaths, let's stop this crap now!

antar,

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of Iran.

'so I say # the CIA and they plan
get me outta here I'd rather #in' stay in Iran' - Jedi Mind Tricks

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow thanks for sharing, that was truly a beautiful slide show!! Iran has existed in the same place for a long long time. They are threatening exactly 0 other countries.

They just want to live and be left alone. We have been screwing with Iran for a long time. Not to mention some other countries. (central&south America ect ect ect.)

How bout if we just leave them alone. How bout if we buy their oil, and maybe they would like to buy some of our Coca-Cola, and maybe an f-150 or two.

Our world cop BS needs to go away. I noticed someone from Iran on this thread, I am one American that does not support our military adventureism, and there are a lot of us trying to put an end to the neocon reign of attempted world domination.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A friend of mine is Iranian. You would honestly struggle to meet a nicer bloke!!!

He insists that his country is very beautiful and I never once doubted it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Those are some very, very beautiful pictures, and I hope the US regime doesnt invade and destroy the country like they have with Iraq. 600.000 Iraqis dead, millions are fleeing the country, depleted uranium poisoning the environment and people.

I hope the world sees the US government for what it really is before they start another war for greed and profit.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That was SO good, I watched the sequence of pictures 3 times.

What a beautiful place.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Which kind of brings up the question why all we ever see from these countries are soldiers, wars and death? Why not let the TV act as real education and show how people live and increase the understanding amongst cultures? Most of them are just like us, and not the crazy terrorists we constantly get to see.

But they dont do that, do they... fear sells, and keeping people in the dark is excellent for when you want to tell them what the Truth™ is.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well i have to say, I too have had a very politically biased, propaganda news based view of Iran. Before i saw those pictures i though that Iran was like i think israel is, Iraq and all those countries; Desert based wastes of land, people living in a dry arid land, hard to grow crops, filled with islamic extremists running through the streets swarming like the angry ants they are made out to be, with machine guns/ ak's int heir hands, firing to the night sky screaming "Allah is great, down with other religions and the west".

NEVER on the news etc, have i ever seen pictures of Iran like that.

But everywhere is beautiful too. There are many places that are beautiful.
But showing beautiful pictures will not stop a country being bombed, etc due to trying to acquire WMD / nuclear weapons especially with a leader that says "we will wipe israel off the map". Even though im down with that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Interesting that whenever is news of Iran in the media all they give you is their army marching Nazi style down their streets.

Propaganda can be such a nice way to gear people to believe whatever interest groups wants.

And people bite into it.

Yes It was another country that used to be as beautiful also, now lies in ruins and almost all their artifacts and art stolen from their sands and their museums.

Iraq.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Lots of places were beautiful prewar. North and South Korea, all those countries invaded by the Nazi's, Afghanistan, etc...

Never stopped anyone before but I really think people are getting a bit to jumpy. I wouldn't expect anything but some very strategic attacks and I can't say I even expect that.

Here's the thing though, what makes you think that we would be bombing all that pristine land? With all the technology and laser guided weapons, etc...why in the world would we need to bomb even a fraction of the places shown in those pictures? It's not WWII and we don't carpet bomb indiscriminately any more.

Furthermore, if you just accept whatever the media tells you them you really shouldn't be watching the news.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Beautiful photographs indeed but let's not forget that propaganda can be used to convince the unwary of whatever particular view of a country you desire, good or bad.

another view of Iran

It is equally easy to browse around and find shocking images but deciding which picture portrays something close to reality is the difficult part.

Whatever happens in that part of the world I hope that those who make the difficult decisions are not unduly swayed by someone's holiday snaps.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Very nice pictures. Yes, there are many beautiful places on Earth. They have war brought to them because of their leaders.

I think we should arm the elected, and even the unelected leaders of the world, all the politicians, and let them fight it out, Put them in the Australian outback with nothing bigger than rifles, so they can't tear up too much, and let them go at it. Maybe the normal people could get some peace for a change.

But it will not be, as it has never been, the leaders who do most of the dying. In the slide show, there were ruins and old fortifications shown. Past wars and invasions. There will be future ones.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

www.unitednativeamerica.com...

www.cmh.pitt.edu...

Here are just the first two examples I found in google.
If one were to take out of context the myriad of trouble we have had becoming a true democratic society it would look equally as bad as your example.
Remember Salem and the witch hunts?
Would you recommend walking at night in the inner cities?
What would those pictures look like if one were looking for disturbing photos for the sake of propaganda?
The point of this thread is to bring awareness of the propaganda that has been spoon fed to all of us and the intolerance that it creates.
As we move into a higher state of our planets evolution there will be more truths exposed that will aid in the healing of our planet and its people. We will have to take back our path and replenish the younger generation with their birth rite, the truth. Thankyou for your post.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I just wanted to remind our forum members that this is in Fragile Earth Section of the Forum. Political debates could be better served in the appropriate area found on the board page. Thankyou

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join