It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology Is Dead (Important read)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This thread is interesting. I'm not a real serious UFO buff, although I have seen a lot of the material available on Google Video. You might say, according to the OP's way of thinking I represent the problem rather than the solution, the view from the "couch", if you like. But I wanted to say that I don't think that the situation is as bad as the OP paints it, at least not worldwide.

My own main interests on ATS are political and I think the situation in the US is very serious, politically, but the malaise that the OP senses is , I think, derived from the general political malaise in the US. Not since the days of President Kennnedy have we really had a "can do" and "let's do it together" attitude coming from the leadership. I think that Kennedy was the last US president that most people would say was a real typical American in the classic "roll up your sleeves and pitch in and lets get it done" mold.

Everybody since has seemed to be either representing interests or restrained by powers that did not flow from the people as a whole.

That is where the UFO issue enters my thinking, because I see the problems there as part and parcel of the larger political problem. You could call the problem "disclosure". Nothing is being disclosed, at least as the unspun, unvarnished truth. Instead the government seems always to be trying to put something over on the people. Every time a politician opens his mouth, one gets the feeling that he/she is being nudged just a little further down the road to the fulfillment of yet another scam.

In terms of the UFO issue the information is being held back because knowledge is translating into military power. The people who are controlling the government are hanging on to every edge they have. The information age is putting incredible power and opportunity into the hands of more and more people. Every area in which the info-age is not yielding info, you can be sure is a nexus of power being held on to by someone. The UFO phenomena is an important nexus of power. Just think of it as part of the "futures market", literally.

Wherever people have advanced, they have advanced because the building blocks of progress were made available to everyone. The UFO field has stagnated because the building blocks of the accumulated knowledge have been witheld. It's a political problem and part of a bigger political problem that needs to be addressed politically.

If Americans can not get a real criminal investigation into the murder of 3000 New Yorkers, they will certainly not be able to get secret info out of the government that could put them onto the track of better backyard UFO viewing.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Technology has killed Ufology. We are now at the point where you cannot tell the difference between a real piece of UFO video footage and a good computer generated one. Therefore you can camp outside until hell freezes over waiting for that perfect picture or video of a UFO. But when you upload it onto the internet for all to see, it will count for absolutely nothing, because it's not definitive proof and it's probably no more convincing than the millions of other hoaxes on the internet. Nobody will take you seriously. I think people just need to face facts. You will never know the truth about Aliens or UfO's until they decide to introduce themselves and this isn't going to happen any time soon. Well not in my lifetime and I very much doubt the governments will ever come clean. They have too much to lose

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its hardly dead but those in the know realized they are all around us. You can sit outside on a big hill to spot one just by asking. I have several visitations daily and I can be in my own house. Remember UFOs are Interdimensional and the beings on board are as well. Suprisingly people should be seeing many more now then ever.
Work done over 10 years ago made us realize that we are in fact the calling and the answer.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its hardly dead but those in the know realized they are all around us. You can sit outside on a big hill to spot one just by asking. I have several visitations daily and I can be in my own house. Remember UFOs are Interdimensional and the beings on board are as well. Suprisingly people should be seeing many more now then ever.
Work done over 10 years ago made us realize that we are in fact the calling and the answer.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Skywatching.
The thirst for knowledge and solid evidence of anomalous ariel phenomena is well overdue.
All over the globe cutting edge technology is employed for many purposes such as national security, communications and a myriad of other applications.
Our skies are screened 24/7 from radio telescopes, military sources, professional and backyard amateur astronomers, aircraft spotting enthusiasts, amateur radio geeks and spy satellites, to name but a few.
Decades have passed without any tangible proof presented to the media and submitted into the public domain.
Times change! Enthusiasms wax and wane like the phases of the moon.
Conspiracies abound in websites such as ATS.
We speculate and submit vague theories and cite links to you tube videos and other web sources with yet more head scratching fuzzy videos and dodgy photographic images only to ponder if these have been digitally manipulated.
Ufology is not any closer to proving that these anomalous ariel images are 100% extraterrestial in origin.
I agree that 'out there and hands on' is the way to study the phenomena.
However with time constraints consumed with occupational commitments, family life, social expectations, shopping and other time consuming tasks it is not always possible to settle down and concentrate on the sky above.
Along the passage of time governments may feel that the public are socially ready for disclosure of the truth. Until that happens some of our diehards will continue to search the sky above in the meagre hope of capturing an image of an anomalous ariel object that really is not from this world.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for there replys, i had no idea so many people would be interested
, I'm glad so many people share the same opinion and hopefully we can some difference

First off i would like to point out ,as one poster said ufology did go greatly down hill when people tried to make money off it I.E Greer , The exploitation of this subject for people to make capital is disgraceful while some people try hard to get evidence a minority try and get some 'quick' cash by saying they have the 'ultimate answer' or 'have high contacts in the Gov.' but the only way to find these answers is to buy there DVD

Also, I did not mean to offend people by saying NO-one goes out anymore with a recording device and tries to catch something, i mean there has been a great decline in the number of people of doing it and doing it seriously since the 90's

Thanks for all your replys

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by arit_
Uhmm, You are so 90ies. Nowadays we automate it. I personally have a skywatching station that will look everynight all night and tell me if something moves. Welcome to the new millenium, my friend.

Best regards,

arit

This sounds fascinating. Could you tell us abit about what kind of technology you are using? I'm a bit of a amateur photographer and have read abit about photographing the night sky, or astrophotography, and I seem to remember reading about a special kind of hardware to mount between your tripod and camera that would rotate the camera at the same speed as the stars/earth (whicever way you look at it) so long exposure shots can be taken without getting the usual star trailsl. Can't remember the name of this gizmo thou...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DrLeary

Hi,
Thanks. Please see previous page (my second post) for a link to all the details on the station (more details that you want to know, I guess LOL).

Best regards,

arit

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrLeary

GPS enabled tracking equatorial mount will do this as well. Meade LX90GPS scopes have it on them along with a starfinder library.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arit_
reply to post by DrLeary

Hi,
Thanks. Please see previous page (my second post) for a link to all the details on the station (more details that you want to know, I guess LOL).

Best regards,

arit

Hehe, exactly
That is a loooong thread. I was just curious about what hardware\software you are using.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

I TOTALY agree with you mate people say to me "there's no proof" but i say well get off your bum and LOOK there's heap's or they say "there's no hard evidence but i just say to them what do you expect when the GOV has a recon teamand the ufo's are being shot at and the GOV is in co-operation with other specie's? you cant expect a ufo to crash or apear infront of you there not like a normal occourence like a plane! What im trying to say is yiu are rite, i saw some ufo's when i was younger and people are selfish and close minded they expect to be spoon fed. if your the kind of person where you say il believe it when i see it but nnot denie they exist then fine, if your showed evidence and you take it in and say "hmm you maybe rite" then good on you. Even i watch the skies and so does my GF even she has seen some thing's and she's only just starting to believe. feel free to email me.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
*bump*

Heres some lyrics from a stone sour song that made me think of this thread when i herd it

"All we ever do is talk
We like to run but we never walk
We make it so damn easy
We get bored
Why can't anybody see what's good for you is bad for me
I can't take your sillyworld
And I can't take your sillyworld no more"

I'm going to try my damnedest to keep this thread alive , as this topic is very special to me as i think the study of ufo's is on the verge off dying

people argue to much as to "why" aliens are here and forget that the bare bones of ufology is documentation
Please for your own sake,people who expect disclosure to come form a conference on CNN..go out..look up..and make a difference

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Disgustipated]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join