It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology Is Dead (Important read)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
IMHO, Real ufology died in the late 90's
The days of going outside with a camera and looking to the skies is dead.I miss the days where people would go sit outside with a camera pointed at the skies to catch something , even only just a glimpse,And even if they didn't get anything they were happy with the fact they tried to make a difference
I.E, Area 51 , people nowadays would rather look up Google earth look at area 51 and go "oh cool" and continue on with there lifes, but what has happened to actually going to area 51 or any other ufo hot spot with a camera doing something,Rather than just searching the web and coming across the same old pic's off the same old ufo's and then complain that there is no new evidence of ufo's/aliens

It is really sad no one actually makes it there business to look for ufos
Well i do know a select few try very hard and do a very good job of getting proof of ufo's/aliens,
But it shouldn't just be a select few , it should be everyone that is interested in the subject or anyone who has ever said "there are no new ufo pics on the net" , anyone can just go outside with a cam' and point it at the skies, it wouldn't even take up to much time

Personally ,once or twice a week , i still outside with a digital camera on top off a high shed pointed at the skies , its not that hard, it maybe a bit boring but personally i think its very rewarding to know you've tried your best and even if i never photographed anything (still haven't lo
i would be proud i tried

I would just like to get across that the hands approach to ufology died in teh 90's , when people would purposely go out into the desert and try there damn hardest to get something , some people did , some people didn't
But the people that did are the ones that fill the majority of ATS's threads with pics from all across the WWW

Something you might be thinking is , "there are plenty of ufo pics people have taken recently" ,Very true, but most of these pics have been accidental of pics that the photographer didn't even know there was a ufo visible or pics where someone would be driving down the road , see something then take a pic..thats not ufology thats just a a person in the right place at the right time

Imagine the immense archive of pics the world would have if say, the population of ATS went out ounce a week with a camera and pointed at the skies for 1-2 hours or even longer, or people went EVEN ore out off there way
Wouldnt that be amazing, could you imagine what type of photos we would get back?

Anyways, even if you think im a total idiot, all i want you to take away from reading this thread is the effort has gone from the science of ufology and no one trys anymore to catch the "smoking gun" ufo pic thats all i ask
Peace

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Disgustipated]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
IMHO, Real ufology died in the late 90's

I am in total agreement with you. Sixties years already of modern-day "UFO research" still hasn't come up with anything tangible and concrete. We haven't made an iota of progress since 1947 in solving this phenomenon. There is no evidence that this is even a totally physical phenomenon. Moreover, the mainstream has long categorized "UFO research" as fringe science and will remain so.
Ufology (or "ufoology", as Cooper called it in his later years) has bascially become a matter of "beliefs" or "belief systems", not much different from religious beliefs.
This is why great researchers such as John A. Keel and Dr. Jacques Vallee long abandoned the empirical pursuit of UFO research unless the research is incorporated with the study of human psychology and religious manifestations.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Uhmm, You are so 90ies. Nowadays we automate it. I personally have a skywatching station that will look everynight all night and tell me if something moves. Welcome to the new millenium, my friend.

Best regards,

arit

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

You make some very good points Disgustipated. I think everyone gets so caught up in the theory of UFOs that they forget to look upward. Everyone is busy arguing about the specifics of what the intentions of aliens are, that they forget to look for the actual proof they have been seeking.

Most of us assume that they aliens are already here, with good reason. There is plenty of evidence that points to that, but none of us have any hard proof. This really takes away from the what should be something spectacular. The very idea of intelligent life existing elsewhere should still be exciting, instead of something to dread. Maybe we should all take a step back and realize how amazing that would be whether it is good or bad.

My analogy is to that of Christmas. Instead of being intrigued at what is inside the packages. Whether it is something amazing, something mundane, or nothing at all, we spend too much time assuming what is inside. Then analyzing that assumption. Instead of admitting there is no way to tell with any certainty what is inside, we assume that it is a toy truck. Then we, especially here at ATS argue over whether the truck is blue or red. Whether there are little plastic people inside, and if so, what nationality are those people....etc. We do all of that instead of just accepting the fact that in the end we really don't know. If we open up the gifts on Christmas day and it turns out it was a baseball inside won't we all just be wrong. It's time for us to get that fun anticipation back. Time to unite in saying that we don't know, but we are going to, one way or another find out.

So it's time to break out the cameras, go outside, stare up and wonder, and hope we find the proof we have all been looking for. The proof isn't in a youtube video that supposedly shows shapeshifting. It's not in the next supposedly declassified document, or disclosure from a supposed Dulce employee. The proof we all want is right outside somebody's door, and together we can find it. Speculation is good and healthy, and thinking about hypothetical situations is proven to increase intelligence. It's time to find out everything with certainty.

Thank you for an excellent thread, applause and flagged.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Thank you my friend
You have some things that have hit a feeling in me that makes me want to run outside this second and look up at the sky
I only hope there are a lot more people like you in this world,
And if there was, ufology and everyone involved would be a lot happier and we would be a lot closer to getting where we want in this great thing we call truth

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You are very welcome. I find your sentiment to be refreshing.

I'm not sure everyone would share you sentiments towards me though. I'm known for being rather sardonic to say the least. You started an open and honest thread, so I gave you an open and honest opinion. It needed to be said. For once someone, meaning you, said it in a way that wasn't combative or looking to start a fight. That is rare around here, and it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more,
personally I think the bond between humans and the unknown, (if you can call it a bond) has been lessened from the lack of individual effort put into the discovering of what's really out there.
Even though the desire is huge, the reliance on other people's material almost matches it.
Taking an interest is one thing, but experiencing that euphoric feeling of trying to discover something that can make a change, and actually finding it, is probably the most amazing thing one could ever feel, and it just inspires one to do more. Even if you don't find it, knowing you could, spurs the exact same feeling. I regularly go outside and even just with my picture phone try to find some evidence of the paranormal. And its possibly one of the most rewarding things i do, and its so much better knowing more people out there are doing the same, we're all working together

I'm givin' this post a star and flaggin it
it's nice to know someone appreciates the art of individual effort in ufology, and the possible outcome of everyone workin together

great post

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I doubt anything tangible or concrete will come from the ufology field. It's a cover up, they're not gonna let anyone prove this stuff. We know UFO's exist, but what's in them is the big question, and the big secret. How many times have we had someone in power promise us disclosure? Didn't Bush say he'd get right on it before he was elected? We all know how that went.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ride The Spiral

On a side note, Disgustipated has a quote from a APC song, you have a quote from Tool, and here I am in between posts working on an Anime Music Video using Schism as the song. Anyone see a connection?

Anyhow.... whenever I am outside and see a moving point of light. Whether it is obviously a plane or not, I wait for it to pass overhead before I will move or go inside. If I don't have a camera I have my phone out, in video mode waiting in anticipation. It has never been anything besides a plane, but I always wait with bated breath just hoping for something outside the norm. Hopefully more will post in this thread. I can't say enough good things about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

This isn't about disclosure or about "what bush said" , its about the individual contribution one person can make to ufology and how when once it was thriving with many people trying there best to capture whatever they could , it has diminished to people just telling story's about how aliens want to eat your brain (lol) , people have forgot what ufo's/aliens are really about

And it is sad people rely on unknown "in the shadows" type to give disclosure, when anyone can go out a camera and get disclosure themselves with the right picture
It amazes e how people must rely on OTHER people for disclosure when they can just do it themselves
Prime example of what im trying to across in this thread

lol i must be starting to sound like a broken record by now

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nah not quite broken record like.... if it gets to that point I'll give you a friendly little nudge. Deal?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm very surprised that this thread hasn't gotten more responses. It seems like more people would share this opinion. To each his own I suppose.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Me to, I'm kinda disappointed, but then again I'm just happy with the fact that i got my point across in some way, even if i just opened 1 persons mind a little bit I'm happy
However opening 100's of people minds would be good too

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Its unfortunate that people demand all this proof, yet they won't go out of their own way to find the proof, instead they just shove everything on.
Even the believers won't go out and look anymore.
At least I go out and look, although I have no camera, I keep looking for my own personal reasons

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think people have lost interest because they get ridiculed. Watch any UFO show and the end result is a debunker poking fun at the mentally challenged abductees!

Look at the Phoenix Lights, something my own brother saw, and thousands of people saw, and yet it is still dismissed as weather balloons or flares.

If i filmed an alien knocking at my front door, took pics aboard the flying saucer and posted them, even here, i'd have to put up with "Its photoshopped" and "Hoax"... and we're into that stuff. Imagine if i brought the pictures with me to work!!!
I'd be laughed out of town.

Its unfortunate that people just refuse the notion of the possibility of extraterrestrials for fear of ridicule.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I can agree with you op, everyone nowadays is into namecalling and petty childish arguments. Sometimes both sides are right or have some truth, but both sides don't want to see that. I've noticed it alot on here lately. I do try to look up as much as possible, and one day i'd like to go to area 51 for some research. I'm tired of relying on other people who hold on to beliefs and can't change and pull away from the norm.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
It amazes e how people must rely on OTHER people for disclosure when they can just do it themselves
Prime example of what im trying to across in this thread

I'm not relying on anyone to give me disclosure. It's just I've never seen a UFO, nor do I know where to look for one.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've been interested in this stuff on and off for the last 40 years. And it does get a little tiring after all this time rehashing the same things over and over again with no definitive "answer" closer today than it was 40 years ago.

Also tiring are the people who keep popping up who swear they know the definitive truth, as though such a thing could be easily found by simply going past the 15th Google search page. Such a huge conspiracy to hide the truth, yet these boneheads have managed to find it? Not much of a conspiracy if you ask me. People like John Lear playing his little games. Whoopee. Ha ha, hilarious.

And now everybody with a Dual Core chip and a copy of Vue 6 is flooding YouTube with their homemade saucer clips. They're bad enough without all the dopes coming on here who are absolutely convinced they're real. Now the noise level is roughly equivalent to a taxiing 747.

At this point, really the only sensible thing to do is just forget about it and go about our nomal lives and wait until it shows up on the evening news. Despite what people say about the major news channels being in some kind of conspiracy to keep it quiet. Are you kidding? They live for this kind of sensational news that keeps you glued to your TV for hours on end. They can't run Britney Spears 24 hours around the clock. They thrive on fires and explosions and disasters. If aliens showed up for real, the news channels would do back handsprings.

So in the meantime, let's rehash Roswell again and Billy Meier and The Face on Mars and Bible/Angel UFOs and all the old crap footage on YouTube and all of our old blurry over-pixilated "anomaly" photos again and again and again and never get anywhere because there's nowhere to go except blah blah blah blah blah ehehehehehhehe................. bbbbbpphhhtttt..........!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

There are plenty of civilians who know everything there is to know about the UFO issue. The caveat is they do not post on Alien and UFO forums.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I personally look up in the skies everyday of my life. At night I'm on the back deck smoking and looking up. When I go to work and step outside I'm looking up and so is one of my co-workers. The people that started disclosure and then went looney on us really put a damper on ufology. David Sereda, Stephen Greer and all the false alarms and promises put alot of doubt in peoples minds. I know alot of people that won't even give ufology a look and believe it's all a bunch of crap. But for me I will keep looking no matter where I'm at. Not only do I look for something moving I just like to look at the stars, moon and the beauty of it all. As a ATS member I'm in. I'll always be looking.

Just wanted to add that ufology became dead when people started making money off of it.

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Solarskye]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join