It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC "Green is Universal" blacks out Sunday Night Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm sitting here watching the Cowboys and Eagles on Sunday Night Football on NBC. Half-time comes on and I'm a looking at a blacked out studio, with commentaters sitting in the dark trying to do a half-time show!

Show me the highlights of the other games in the NFL, don't preach to me about the myth of Global Warming.

I get physically ill watching NBC, but it is a good game!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is this preplanned stunt supposed to do?
Enable folks to run to th store for more beer and chips and not worry about half-time stuff?
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yea and that Matt guy in Greenland saying how we are destroying the ice that he was standing on ewww
I like how they said by powering down the studio they can power a house xD

Anyways I hate the Cowboys, go Broncos!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

it must be the most fact supported "myth" there is...

come on, the general ideas behind global warming are far from unsound, it's more the rate and overall impact that's in question.

anyway, i applaud the effort. if there isn't global warming, it was at least an act of conservation...
what is it that conservatives have against conservation?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't know, an act of conservation? They're basically saying that they use way more electricity than you could possibly need every week. I'm far from a Global Warming crusader, but just the inherent hypocrisy in the idea that shutting down some uselessly extravagant studio for one half somehow makes them do-gooders.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find it odd that say if someone actually had to pay to watch that game say at a bar or establishment how they would get away with a media blackout without any warnings?

Mass media is a disease. The corporate controlled media basically does whatever they want. Ever notice how ALL the news stations broadcast the exact same news at the exact same time? This is because it is all prefabricated in advance. National news anyways.

The only way to fix this is make mergers illegal. There have been so many TV stations that have merged together there is basically only 3 companies controlling the entire media spectrum.

The more mergers = more power and control. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
media blackout? I think you're mistaken, they were just broadcasting in a dark studio with laser pointers. The Darth Vader jokes were prevalent.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
anyway, i applaud the effort. if there isn't global warming, it was at least an act of conservation...

...er, by flying three broadcasters and their energy-sapping crews and equipment to three remote locations?

Question: If Matt Lauer is really in 0-degree (F) cold in Greenland, why can't we see his breath when he's talking and laughing?

In fact, he looks downright comfortable. Another NBC fraud, like the time that Today Show reporter sat in a rowboat in New Orleans in 6 inches of water?

top topics

join