It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economical Online Resources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have been researching sites online for bulk seeds, essential oils, herbs, dried natural foods etc. and I have become a bit overwhelmed and intimidated.
We are trying to stock up as frugally as possible since we dont have a lot of excess funds.
Anyone have any advice or recommendations for quality, economical sites to order from? Any favorite sites for growing veggies, fruits, living off the land, solar power, soap making etc.?

and 1 last question that doesnt have to do with title but didnt want to start another thread..
we have a 1 1/2 story home on slab but we have a huge property and we have been kicking around digging up the yard for a cellar/bunker since we have no basement, any opinions, advice? we live in Ga.
Thank You!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

If you're technically-minded, here's a great site covering all aspects of lo-tech recycled wind/hydro/solar/DC systems with plenty of free plans too
www.otherpower.com

I'm currently in the process of drawing up CAD plans to build myself one of these beauties as part of my technology studies...
wooden generator

Regarding your other construction question, you say your have a 'home on slab' as in the building standing on slab concrete foundations? If that's the case, you may be limited as to what you can construct in the way of an additional basement as the concrete will in all likelihood be reinforced with rebar and punching any holes through it or undermining to dig out a basement will weaken it's designed structure.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
citizen smith

In less I miss understood SEEWHATUDO is talking about an seperate Storm cellar

I think that is a great idea personally. especially if you can desiges the entrance so nobody else knows its there. Keep it Secret Keep it Safe
coudnt resist. any way here is one of my favorite sites for bomb shelter plans
seperate survival/storm shelter Look near the bottom of the page to download. I like the first one.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by angryamerican not enough coffee in me yet]

[edit on 5-11-2007 by angryamerican]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but here's a link to a fairly impressive list of disaster preparedness resources.

www.fluwikie.com...

In the food area, there are some outstanding links.

and another thing, google "100 items to disappear first in a panic" That's a pretty good list.

top topics

join